Trade a #2 draft pick in 2011 draft

peanuts

The Bills should try to trade a #2 pick next for the rights to Loagan Mankins and give him the $$$ he deserves. A stronger off. line help this off. tremendously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Mankins

Logan is a guard so he does not fill the biggest need which is tackle.

Why would the Pats* even want to trade a good player to a team in their division?

The Bills should try to trade a #2 pick next for the rights to Loagan Mankins and give him the $$$ he deserves. A stronger off. line help this off. tremendously.

The Bills need so much right now.. I know they need a QB and a Left Tackle.. The only way I would trade my secound round pick was to secure a statring Left Tackle... It's going to be a long year for who ever Buffalo starts at the QB position, the O-Line just isn't good enough and Guard is the strongest position.. Being totally honest, other than the Guard spot, I believe the rest of the line are back up players at best.. I would be tempted to draft a Tackle next year #1 and perhaps a second Tackle or a Center at #2... If your Offensive line is strong a QB who is average can look like a Pro-Bowel player.. If the O-line is weak, someone with Payton Manning type ability can look like a scrub!

This is the worst idea I've heard here in a long time. At least people trying to trade a second round pick for a LT they've admittedly never watched or really heard of filled a need. Which need does Mankins fill exactly? I know, I know, it's just Leonidas being angry and pessimistic...

Trade a 2nd rounder for a Guard? We actually have 2 decent ones. Not to mention this team's GM has already stated he does not trade draft picks.

I like this idea a lot- as unlikely as it is.

Mankins is one of the best Gs in the league - so YES he is worth a 2nd rounder (think James Hardy). This would also allow us to move Wood to Center and beanch Hangartner, who becomes the backup to all 3 interior postions (we currently have no quality backups anywhere).

With an increbily solid interior, our Ts could expect lots of help on the outside with a G sliding out or TE or RB picking up the slack. Then we could add 1 top LT, and get by with the mediore talents we have at Rt (bell/Merideth) moving forward.

Logan is a guard so he does not fill the biggest need which is tackle.

Why would the Pats* even want to trade a good player to a team in their division?

In answer to your question: the last time the Patriots traded away one of their aging vets for an early Bills' draft pick, it worked out pretty well for them. I think they'd do a deal like that again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

Fortunately, this team is no longer being run by TD. So I think the chances of the rebuilding Bills squandering an early pick on an aging veteran are relatively small.

I'm sure Belli-cheat wants to help us out, like he did when he did us a favor taking a #1 off our hands for Franken-Bledsoe.

PTR

Or Lawyer Milloy.

If Belichick thinks he's getting the better of a trade, he'll make it. Intra-division or not.

This is the worst idea I've heard here in a long time. At least people trying to trade a second round pick for a LT they've admittedly never watched or really heard of filled a need. Which need does Mankins fill exactly?

Why are you being so angry and pessimistic?

Don't see us paying big money for a guard, particularly as we already have two.

And I wouldn't want us to spend a second-rounder for a guard. That would be a horrible mistake. I like Mankins. But we are rebuilding and we have many many needs that come far above guard. Far far above guard.

I like this idea a lot- as unlikely as it is.

Mankins is one of the best Gs in the league - so YES he is worth a 2nd rounder (think James Hardy). This would also allow us to move Wood to Center and beanch Hangartner, who becomes the backup to all 3 interior postions (we currently have no quality backups anywhere).

With an increbily solid interior, our Ts could expect lots of help on the outside with a G sliding out or TE or RB picking up the slack. Then we could add 1 top LT, and get by with the mediore talents we have at Rt (bell/Merideth) moving forward.

If our future 2nd rounders are Hardys, then forget it, because the Bills are going nowhere. Think Byrd instead. Think Levitre. Think Torell Troup. Those are our last three second-rounders, since Nix came on staff.

No thanks on Mankins, though I like him.