Trade a #2 draft pick in 2011 draft

peanuts

I like this idea a lot- as unlikely as it is.

Mankins is one of the best Gs in the league - so YES he is worth a 2nd rounder (think James Hardy). This would also allow us to move Wood to Center and beanch Hangartner, who becomes the backup to all 3 interior postions (we currently have no quality backups anywhere).

With an increbily solid interior, our Ts could expect lots of help on the outside with a G sliding out or TE or RB picking up the slack. Then we could add 1 top LT, and get by with the mediore talents we have at Rt (bell/Merideth) moving forward.

Thanks for the well thought out reply. I like the idea also.

Don't see us paying big money for a guard, particularly as we already have two.

And I wouldn't want us to spend a second-rounder for a guard. That would be a horrible mistake. I like Mankins. But we are rebuilding and we have many many needs that come far above guard. Far far above guard.

If our future 2nd rounders are Hardys, then forget it, because the Bills are going nowhere. Think Byrd instead. Think Levitre. Think Torell Troup. Those are our last three second-rounders, since Nix came on staff.

No thanks on Mankins, though I like him.

I know we have 2 guards, but we dont have a Center (startign quality at least). Wood could move to C. We also have NO DEPTH. Hangman could be the primary backup at all 3 positions.

I also dont think spending a 2nd on a G is a mistake. That is good value for one of the best in the league. Byrd is a good S and one of the best picks the Bills have had this millenium, so to use him as a measuring stick is assinine.

Levitre is a G, who the bills traded up for (spending more than a 2nd round pick), and Troup is a rookie NT who I bet wont start every game in his career and not miss a single game due to injury/suspension/etc. (a feat Mankins has accomplished career to date). Poz is a mainstay on this team and was a second rounder (again we traded up, costing mroe than a 2nd). Claiming Mankins wouldnt be worth a 2nd on this team just donst make sense - you value draft picks too much if you think that.

Hell, Mankins started at LT in college and was an AA. Peopl want Levitre at LT... who says Mankins wouldnt start at LT on this team?

Also:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010081952/2010/PRE2/colts@bills/tab-post-analyze/cat-post-playbyplay#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

Check out the play by play from the last game. Spiller had his nice TD run. What a GREAT run. He got in to the second level, made a guy missed and was off. Yet look at this next few carries. a dive to the right for no gain (stopped in the backfield). Then a play totally blown up for a 6 yard loss. Another run to the left for 1 yard. The one play Spiller has a hole he scores a 30 yard TD, the ones he doesnt he averages negative yards rushing. Adding Mankin to the interior will increase the # of those nice long runs we want to see because he may actually get past the line of scrimmage before he has to break some tackles. Thats why the jets can run the ball.