Stupar is making the 53 man roster

Skoobydum

It’s not easy for an undrafted free agent to stick on a 53-man NFL roster. Normally they lack the eye-popping measurables of draft choices, and often since the team’s investment in them financially is small they’re expendable. Those that manage to get themselves noticed on the practice field, however, do get the chance to hang around long enough to convince coaching staffs that they belong at the NFL level. Bills tight end Jonathan Stupar is one of those players.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Stupar-about-to-become-success-story/100f3c41-b475-4ea5-a031-48b34af28c94

Edited by Skoobydum

“Stoop is a very solid, consistent football player,” said Gailey. “He can’t go in there and knock people off the ball and he can’t run down the field and run a 4.5, but he’s a good route runner, he’s an intelligent player. He fights every snap. He’s more than an adequate blocker. He’s done a good job so far. He’s been one of the pleasant surprises in camp.”

“Stoop is a very solid, consistent football player,” said Gailey. “He can’t go in there and knock people off the ball and he can’t run down the field and run a 4.5, but he’s a good route runner, he’s an intelligent player. He fights every snap. He’s more than an adequate blocker. He’s done a good job so far. He’s been one of the pleasant surprises in camp.”

Guest dog14787

Stupar isn't just making the team, he's starting and he's earned it. I've been impressed with how much he's improved his hands in camp. He's also a very good blocker.

I've been following the Jonathan Stupar story for awhile now Mike and its great to see all of his hard work and determination rewarded with where he is today,

I hope its just the start of much bigger and better things for Jonathan Stupar.

I for one do not visit the FP that often and found the story worth sharing, sorry if it offended you.

I think that most here DO look at the front page first. I know I do. To each his own, but don't be surprised to take flak from people for parroting in a new thread what's already on the front page.

Stupar is making the 53 man roster

Yes, and I'm guessing my balls smell like vinegar if I don't wash them for a week.

Stuper has been the Bills #1 TE (on the first team) for the past week or two, so yes I going to guess he makes the roster.

When you have to post the first three posts of a thread, that should give you a clue you have started another worthless thread.

STOP IT!

I think that most here DO look at the front page first. I know I do. To each his own, but don't be surprised to take flak from people for parroting in a new thread what's already on the front page.

Whether people look at the front page or not is really irrelevant, IMO. Posting the link to the article in the forum allows people to discuss the article...that is what the forums are for after all...discussing the Bills...threads don't need to be completely original thoughts

Whether people look at the front page or not is really irrelevant, IMO. Posting the link to the article in the forum allows people to discuss the article...that is what the forums are for after all...discussing the Bills...threads don't need to be completely original thoughts

I thought it was worth talking about but some people would rather chastise and fight, I think I'll leave it at that.

I thought it was worth talking about but some people would rather chastise and fight, I think I'll leave it at that.

Well I can understand the article possibly being worth talking about (although the title is a bit "no s#it"). But if you have reply a few times to your own thread to keep in on top, then maybe it really wasn't worth it. (Yes, I understand the irony of this reply.)

Why do you post articles that are on the front page for all to see?

Also, Skoobydum, you should select the text you quoted from the article and click the ballon icon (insert quotation). That makes it easy to see that you're quoting from the article and not adding your opinion.

Yes, I realize you add " ", just saying...

Guest dog14787

Well I can understand the article possibly being worth talking about (although the title is a bit "no s#it"). But if you have reply a few times to your own thread to keep in on top, then maybe it really wasn't worth it. (Yes, I understand the irony of this reply.)

His first three posts are within a minute or two from each other and I hardly think there's anything to make a big deal about, I almost started the same thread.

Yes, and I'm guessing my balls smell like vinegar if I don't wash them for a week.

Stuper has been the Bills #1 TE (on the first team) for the past week or two, so yes I going to guess he makes the roster.

When you have to post the first three posts of a thread, that should give you a clue you have started another worthless thread.

STOP IT!

Useless but funny. :lol: Right now he is the only healthy TE on the roster. Safe to say that he makes it. Lonnie Johnson has a good shot right now.

I still think Stupar is below average but hey, he is all we got.

It’s not easy for an undrafted free agent to stick on a 53-man NFL roster. Normally they lack the eye-popping measurables of draft choices, and often since the team’s investment in them financially is small they’re expendable. Those that manage to get themselves noticed on the practice field, however, do get the chance to hang around long enough to convince coaching staffs that they belong at the NFL level. Bills tight end Jonathan Stupar is one of those players.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Stupar-about-to-become-success-story/100f3c41-b475-4ea5-a031-48b34af28c94

Yeah, that....and the minor fact that the Bills lost two tight ends in their last preseason football game to injury, really makes Stupar "belong" so far. I will say that Shawn Nelson, that high character tight end with all the potential, sucking so far in his young career, has also helped Stupar look suupar in camp so far.

Guest dog14787

Yeah, that....and the minor fact that the Bills lost two tight ends in their last preseason football game to injury, really makes Stupar "belong" so far. I will say that Shawn Nelson, that high character tight end with all the potential, sucking so far in his young career, has also helped Stupar look suupar in camp so far.

What made Stupar belong was his play and he was anointed the starter when everyone was still healthy.

There was never a doubt stupar was making the team this year. He's been at the top of the depth chart for weeks and is the best overall TE the bills have.

Way to clog the board with another non-story. What time are you starting the gameday thread for the saturday game? 4:45am?

Guest dog14787

There was never a doubt stupar was making the team this year. He's been at the top of the depth chart for weeks and is the best overall TE the bills have.

Way to clog the board with another non-story. What time are you starting the gameday thread for the saturday game? 4:45am?

The Bills are completely decimated at the TE position and Stupar slowly claws his way through the ranks out of nowhere to become the Bills top TE and you call it a non story,

I disagree,and Jonathan Stupar is just getting started... <_<

Edited by dog14787

You obviously don't know how to keep a conversation/debate going

He probably post them so we can dicuss the article. And he post links and stuff about the article, because if he didn't, there would be 5 posts rapid fire asking for the link.

All by exactly the same people busting his nuts for this thread, but enough arguing about if it was "ok" with the powers that be to start a thread, or if it was done in the proper fashion.

Stupar...I remember not being excited about our TE situation, outside a glimmer of hope I had for Nelson, last year. Then things went from bad to worse, with the usual depletion of the roster due to injury. I was down a bit on Stupar when he got "called up" from the PS, but he surprised me. I was hoping he would be nice depth on this team, but apparently he is going to be on the front lines.

I can't wait to see his "Diamond in the Rough" segment on the scoreboard.

Agree ... wouldn't be nice if with this new board we stop attacking each other!

It just shows the negative world some live in that they felt a need to criticize this post just because the news was on the front page. What it does is allow us to comment on Stupar in a community forum with each of us sharing our insights.

As for Stupar, I agree with those who say he should have made the 53 last season but none of us will ever figure out Coach Dick's thinking on anything related to the offensive side of the game.

Here's an "average" player who is doing everything right! But then again Pete Metzelars was an average player who did everything right. I don't think Stupar is a great blocker and from the coaching comments they don't either but he is more than adequate plus he can catch the ball with a sense of the goal line or first down marker.

Unfortunately we now need back-ups who can play ...

GO BILLS and friends on this board let's try to stay positive in our critiques of each other.