Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the Shoutbox...

I will most likely add an integrated chat room that logs you in just like the board does. That would make the shoutbox sort of superfluous, although I could be convinced to retain it if presented with a rational argument.

Tip:

On the main board, if you float your cursor over any of the topics, a small transparent icon appears just to the left of the "started by" column. If you click on it, you will see a "topic preview" which gives an abbreviated look at the original post.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Where did the low-data option for mobile devices go? The full site loads slower and is clumsier to navigate on my smartphone, as well as chews up my data plan.

It is now visible via the drop down menu in the lower left hand corner. However, it should have sensed your mobile device and feed you that skin automatically. What device do you use?

There is a small green circle with a white + sign and a red circle with a white - at the bottom right corner of posts. What are these used for?

That will be part of the reputation system once implemented.

Nice work Scott.

I noticed that a page is missing on the thread that I started about Mr. Wilson. Are you still putting back posts, etc.?

Perhaps you missed the pinned thread on the old board that said all posts yesterday would NOT make the jump?

Try looking to the left of your Messenger panel and select "My Conversations".

Thanks very much, Scott.

BTW, I did find my messages and started trying to re-compile my friend list.

Just FYI, while I clicked on people's profiles, I only had the option of "remove as a friend" for several people, which implies that I'm still friends with them.

However, those people do not appear when I go to "manage your friends"