Forget Brohm

JustMaxx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely True, you're the only that got it righ

Same week. Jauron fired on 17th and Brohm officially signed on 19th. There was actually at least one day where he tried to negoiciate to stay with GB but GB only offered league minimum for 1 year and no bonus. Buffalo gave a 2 year contract with a bonus and GB said go screw yourself.

edit: he signed on the 18th, so these two things were occuring together.

Everyone here is pulling for brohm a lot recently it seems after last night. You would of thought he threw 4tds and 300 yards last night by this board. In actuallity, he did a little more than nothing. 14/21 for what, 125 yards against second string? Fitz played better the first game. In fact, do we realize he didnt play AT ALL in the first preseason game? Because why? Because Trent/Fitz outplayed him to that point. Hes third on the depth chart.

What last night makes him second or first on the depth chart? Fitz and trent have thrown tds, he hasn't. In fact he hasn't thrown one his whole career.

He even got into camp before trent at fitz during rookie camp, and theyre still ahead of him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, his only chance is the #2. At best. Trent is a better quarterback.

But all in all, Go Bills

LMAO...if you are going to rant, at least understand what you are ranting about. Chan said he is going with 2 QB's a game to get them extended time and the chance to get with the flow of the game. Game 1 was Trent then Fitz, Game 2 was Trent then Brohm.

I think it was Steve Tasker last night that said the current QB competition is for #2 between Fitz & Brohm..and that the loser of that competition would more than likely get cut

That is just his interpretation of it, Chan insists its an open competition for the #1 as well...People have to stop reading so much into outsiders observations and start listenting to the teams stance...

Trent has not been named the #1 QB yet...Fitz or Brohm still could be chosen, and until Chan says otherwise we wont know who is starting week 1.

What about Brohm's downside? With Fitzpatrick, there's a limit, with Brohm it's infinite.

OK, lay out a cogent argument here. I'll listen. Tell me about what you have seen on the field, from Brohm, that leads you to believe he has a very large downside.

I am not interested in circumstantial arguments about when he was picked, but what about his game (throwing motion, ability to read defenses, accuracy, pocket presence, etc) leads you to believe his downside is markedly worse than Fitz's and that his upside isn't worth the risk.

I'm not convinced BB is the second coming, but judging on the limited play that I've seen, he looks to be a QB with some potential.

OK, lay out a cogent argument here. I'll listen. Tell me about what you have seen on the field, from Brohm, that leads you to believe he has a very large downside.

I am not interested in circumstantial arguments about when he was picked, but what about his game (throwing motion, ability to read defenses, accuracy, pocket presence, etc) leads you to believe his downside is markedly worse than Fitz's and that his upside isn't worth the risk.

I'm not convinced BB is the second coming, but judging on the limited play that I've seen, he looks to be a QB with some potential.

I'll lay a little one out there, In 10 games(9 preseason and 1 regular) he has yet to throw for TD. He had a chance last night and still couldn't. Idk about you, but that seems to me like a pretty big downside.

I'll lay a little one out there, In 10 games(9 preseason and 1 regular) he has yet to throw for TD. He had a chance last night and still couldn't. Idk about you, but that seems to me like a pretty big downside.

Are you worried he chokes up when in the red zone? You don't think a bit of that (or more) inability to get a TD is related in any way to his teammates, circumstance of the game when he gets to play, etc? I can think of quite a few games when Trent failed to score a TD, yet many believe he still has an upside.

I'm not discounting your argument, at least you brought something to the table. And if that really is an issue (he is unable to lead the team to TDs) then I'd agree that's a big downside.

Are you worried he chokes up when in the red zone? You don't think a bit of that (or more) inability to get a TD is related in any way to his teammates, circumstance of the game when he gets to play, etc? I can think of quite a few games when Trent failed to score a TD, yet many believe he still has an upside.

I'm not discounting your argument, at least you brought something to the table. And if that really is an issue (he is unable to lead the team to TDs) then I'd agree that's a big downside.

i would say choking in the red zone is a worry. and i'm not talking about his teammates, i'm talking about him. fitz was able to score with the 2's. his teammates didn't seem to hold him back. and no offense, but at least trent has score an actual TD in an NFL game. The same goes for Fitz.

That is just his interpretation of it, Chan insists its an open competition for the #1 as well...People have to stop reading so much into outsiders observations and start listenting to the teams stance...

Trent has not been named the #1 QB yet...Fitz or Brohm still could be chosen, and until Chan says otherwise we wont know who is starting week 1.

True, but that's my interpretation as well. I have posted here several times....during OTA's before the pecking order was announced that Trent would be named the starter, with Brohm #2...& Fitz being cut...& by game 4 Brohm would overtake Edwards as the #1 guy, either due to injury or poor play on Edwards part. But that's just my gut feeling...I don't know more than anybody else. I hope I'm wrong in fact. I would like to see Trent prove his critics wrong...but I'm gonna stick with my prediction. Brohm seems to be more of a gamer, & Fitz just doesn't have the accuracy.

True, but that's my interpretation as well. I have posted here several times....during OTA's before the pecking order was announced that Trent would be named the starter, with Brohm #2...& Fitz being cut...& by game 4 Brohm would overtake Edwards as the #1 guy, either do to injury or poor play on Edwards part. But that's just my gut feeling...I don't know more than anybody else. I hope I'm wrong in fact. I would like to see Trent prove his critics wrong...but I'm gonna stick with my prediction. Brohm seems to be more of a gamer, & Fitz just doesn't have the accuracy.

more of a gamer? like i said before, in 9 preseason games and 1 regular season games he has yet to throw a TD. how does that make him a gamer... he's thrown 8 ints and 0 tds. sorry i'm just not following the logic.

more of a gamer? like i said before, in 9 preseason games and 1 regular season games he has yet to throw a TD. how does that make him a gamer... he's thrown 8 ints and 0 tds. sorry i'm just not following the logic.

Look, I never said he would shine. I still don't think we have "our guy". To be honest, I think we have three bad poker hands. I just think he'll end up being # 1 in the pecking order by game 4...by default. Kinda like winning the ugly dog competition.

I'm not an NFL scout or GM. The NFL scouts & GMs determined he wasn't worth a waiver claim last September. I'll let the professionals tell you about his throwing motion, ability to read defenses, accuracy, pocket presence etc. Go ask any one of the 32 GMs who didn't want Brian Brohm on their 53 man roster last September & you'll have your answer.

The reason he has a very large downside is he has yet to reach the endzone in any game he's played. Fitzpatrick has shown an ability to win (5 of the Bills 6 wins in 2009 were when he was the QB who took the majority of snaps), something Brohm has no experience at. Fitzpatrick came in cold as a rookie, threw for a ton of yards & led a come from behind victory in his 1st NFL game ever, Brohm s**t the bed in his 1st game, when he wasn't even a rookie, leading the Bills to 3 points, and his fans have made 1,001 excuses for it. Brohm put up 3 points again last night. If you want to score one field goal a game, Brohm's your man.

Fitzpatrick's downside compared with Brohm's is infinitely smaller. He's shown he can light it up on occasion, win games and has the perfect makeup to be #2 and enter a game cold. Brohm has a lot to prove and I'd hate to see us keep him & let a proven backup like Fitzpatrick go based on a pipe dream of potential-something none of the professional evaluators saw when he hit waivers last September.

But he's improving. He didn't throw 1 int last night. Still doesn't know what a TD pass looks like while he's on the field, but no ints is an improvement. :devil:

Everyone here is pulling for brohm a lot recently it seems after last night. You would of thought he threw 4tds and 300 yards last night by this board. In actuallity, he did a little more than nothing. 14/21 for what, 125 yards against second string? Fitz played better the first game. In fact, do we realize he didnt play AT ALL in the first preseason game? Because why? Because Trent/Fitz outplayed him to that point. Hes third on the depth chart.

What last night makes him second or first on the depth chart? Fitz and trent have thrown tds, he hasn't. In fact he hasn't thrown one his whole career.

He even got into camp before trent at fitz during rookie camp, and theyre still ahead of him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, his only chance is the #2. At best. Trent is a better quarterback.

But all in all, Go Bills

Trent sucks ass and isn't an NFL quality starter and never will be. Time to wake up and smell the coffee