Some very pointed opinions on the Bills:

The Bills might still suck this year, but if anyone wants to bet you that they'll be as bad as the Rams or the Bucs, then take that bet. They re-inforced my opinion that they'll figure out a way to win 6 games last night.

CB's: Leodis McKelvin may very well have won his job back last night. Youboty played awesome. Ellis Lankster will need to rebound next week to make the team.

By all means, if you can get a 4th rounder for Marshawn Lynch, trade him and keep Joique Bell!

Wow, Aaron Maybin really isn't going to start again this year, huh?

I have every bit of confidence in the world that Kyle Williams will figure out a way to make it work at NT. That guy is a gamer.

Brian Brohm looks more like an NFL QB than Trent Edwards. He doesn't get jittery in the pocket. To be perfectly honest, I could have made that throw to Lee Evans, but the sideliner Brohm made to Jackson was a throw that Edwards does not make/even consider attempting. I'm glad Fitzpatrick loved the Taylor Swift concert, but that's gonna do it for him.

CJ Spiller is your new starting RB.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Brohm looks more like an NFL QB than Trent Edwards. He doesn't get jittery in the pocket. To be perfectly honest, I could have made that throw to Lee Evans, but the sideliner Brohm made to Jackson was a throw that Edwards does not make/even consider attempting. I'm glad Fitzpatrick loved the Taylor Swift concert, but that's gonna do it for him.

I know the point you are trying to make is that Lee Evans was as wide open as you get in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that you or I or anyone else on this board could have made that throw.

The Bills might still suck this year, but if anyone wants to bet you that they'll be as bad as the Rams or the Bucs, then take that bet. They re-inforced my opinion that they'll figure out a way to win 6 games last night.

CB's: Leodis McKelvin may very well have won his job back last night. Youboty played awesome. Ellis Lankster will need to rebound next week to make the team.

By all means, if you can get a 4th rounder for Marshawn Lynch, trade him and keep Joique Bell!

I have every bit of confidence in the world that Kyle Williams will figure out a way to make it work at NT. That guy is a gamer.

Heres a pointed response:

Bell over Lynch -- right.... Bell runs well against backups so trade your proven RB for a late round pick. You should apply for a GM job.

I would really like to see you throw the ball 60 yards and hit a WR in stride. So have a friend of yours videotape you throwing a football that far and post a link to the youtube clip.

CJ Spiller, will not and is not your #1 RB. He will be used in different situations and formations. I dont think we will see a true #1 RB on this team.. 3 very different backs.

Heres a pointed response:

Bell over Lynch -- right.... Bell runs well against backups so trade your proven RB for a late round pick. You should apply for a GM job.

I would really like to see you throw the ball 60 yards and hit a WR in stride. So have a friend of yours videotape you throwing a football that far and post a link to the youtube clip.

CJ Spiller, will not and is not your #1 RB. He will be used in different situations and formations. I dont think we will see a true #1 RB on this team.. 3 very different backs.

I did not say I'd take Bell over Lynch, I'm saying we have too much depth relative to other positions and I would take a 4th rounder for Lynch at this point. I happen to think Lynch is a very good NFL RB.

Did Edwards really put it 60 yards in the air? If so, no I couldn't have made that throw. I could put it 50 right on the money though. I've played some QB in my day.

Agree that they won't have a traditional "starter," but I'll bet you Spiller gets more touches this year than Jackson.

I know the point you are trying to make is that Lee Evans was as wide open as you get in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that you or I or anyone else on this board could have made that throw.

Yup, hitting a receiver in stride. Timing it for the safety bite on the underneath pattern. That isn't extremely easy in my book.

I couldn't agree more regarding Brohm. His mechanics are much better than Edwards. His set up and delivery is quicker. Edwards threw the ball eight times and still took a beating. Brohm threw the ball twenty one times and except for that first play he was barely touched.

TE hit Lee deep over his right shoulder (sideline shoulder) and in stride after stepping up in the pocket to avoid the Left end rushing in. It was a nice toss and a VERY well designed play to buy Lee time to get open deep. Anyone under 35 who can make that throw in that situation should be in camp somewhere right now. On the Brohm to Jackson throw; Trent made a nearly identical toss to Steve Jackson on the opposite sideline but Jackson dropped it while getting interfered with.

Brohm also missed a SCREEN PASS that likely would have gone for 6.

To say both guys looked good is fair but there must be some judgment clouding baggage there to extract that one played well and one played poorly. No question Brohm earned a shot with the 1's to see what he can do, but any conclusion that either is a better starter candidate coming from that game is surprising and likely jaded.

They way Spiller toasted Bethea made me giddy

EDIT: Lynch for a 4th is a waste of a perfectly good RB and a steal for the buyer...

Kyle looked good last night, he was consistently pushing his blocker back and getting (hehe) penetration.

I agree Brohm certainly looks the part of an NFL QB, and his play last night was pretty good. It is hard to compare his performance to Edwards as Brohm wasn't with and going against first team players. I am on the run Edwards out of town boat, but he didn't look like his normal sucky self. Maybe that hit knocked the QB back into him. The play that got Schouman hurt, Edwards felt the pressure, tucked the ball and stepped up and out of the pocket. Normally I would expect him to curl into the fetal position or force a horrible throw there.

Yup, hitting a receiver in stride. Timing it for the safety bite on the underneath pattern. That isn't extremely easy in my book.

I didn't mean to turn this into an Al Bundy high school glory days thread, but it's hard to speculate how many people on here are athletes. Granted, I've never thrown to a receiver with Lee Evans' speed, but yes, I can still air a perfectly crisp spiral and hit a receiver in stride from 50 yards at age 31. Not to mention, he had the guy beat by 10 yards. I'm willing to bet there are a few other people on here that could do the same. To re-iterate my original point, I could not have made the throw that Brohm made to Jackson down the sideline!

TE hit Lee deep over his right shoulder (sideline shoulder) and in stride after stepping up in the pocket to avoid the Left end rushing in. It was a nice toss and a VERY well designed play to buy Lee time to get open deep. Anyone under 35 who can make that throw in that situation should be in camp somewhere right now. On the Brohm to Jackson throw; Trent made a nearly identical toss to Steve Jackson on the opposite sideline but Jackson dropped it while getting interfered with.

Brohm also missed a SCREEN PASS that likely would have gone for 6.

To say both guys looked good is fair but there must be some judgment clouding baggage there to extract that one played well and one played poorly. No question Brohm earned a shot with the 1's to see what he can do, but any conclusion that either is a better starter candidate coming from that game is surprising and likely jaded.

EDIT: Lynch for a 4th is a waste of a perfectly good RB and a steal for the buyer...

Agreed he's probably worth a 3rd rounder in real market value. My point is that we can't afford to have a guy on the team that's worth a 3rd/4th rounder and play sparingly on our roster. We have too many other holes. Yes, despite the fact that he's playing against 3rd-stringers, I am comfortable with Joique Bell as my 3rd-string RB.

Brilliant.

I have been known to bomb a 310 yard drive straight down the middle. If I used your reasoning, I could play on the PGA tour.

I didn't mean to turn this into an Al Bundy high school glory days thread, but it's hard to speculate how many people on here are athletes. Granted, I've never thrown to a receiver with Lee Evans' speed, but yes, I can still air a perfectly crisp spiral and hit a receiver in stride from 50 yards at age 31. Not to mention, he had the guy beat by 10 yards. I'm willing to bet there are a few other people on here that could do the same. To re-iterate my original point, I could not have made the throw that Brohm made to Jackson down the sideline!

Evans isn't open without Edwards' ball fake to suck up the STARTING safety. If he underthrew him or missed him long, there would be 8 threads on it, so give credit where it's due. And when I read people disecting NFL QB mechanics on this board, it makes me throw up in my mouth. I personally like to see his elbow 2.5 inches lower, pointing his left foot perpendicular to the route with his throwing pinky pointing up and off the ball. Oops, I did it to myself.

Not to mention the 300 lb linemen bearing down on you and hitting someone in stride with the speed of Lee Evans requires timing to release the ball a hell of a lot sooner than with your drunk buddy at the tailgate.

It's just a pet peeve of mine when people say they could have done something a pro athlete does because it looks so easy on TV or from the stands. Like saying you could have hit a home run when a pitcher grooves a 90 mph fastball down the middle. No, you couldn't have hit that out. In fact it's almost a certainty that you would have swung and missed and looked quite bad doing it.

Brilliant.

I have been known to bomb a 310 yard drive straight down the middle. If I used your reasoning, I could play on the PGA tour.

Great analogy you turkey. Yeah because I said I can throw a football 50 yards to guy who has his man beat by 10 yards, I necessarily insinuated that I could play QB in the NFL.

Evans isn't open without Edwards' ball fake to suck up the STARTING safety. If he underthrew him or missed him long, there would be 8 threads on it, so give credit where it's due. And when I read people disecting NFL QB mechanics on this board, it makes me throw up in my mouth. I personally like to see his elbow 2.5 inches lower, pointing his left foot perpendicular to the route with his throwing pinky pointing up and off the ball. Oops, I did it to myself.

If you are referring to my post show me where I dissected QB mechanics. All I said was that Brohms where better. It's called an opinion and this board is full of them.

Can I ask a question to everyone....why is it that whenever other teams beat us alll the sports analysts talk about how bad we looked and how good the other team looked and now that we won a game they are still talking about the colts and yet i hear nothing about the bills playing a good game more like the fact that it was a "fluke" or that the colts played poorly...you know what suck it up i thought we played well so analysts honor that fact...all i hear is how "oh well the colts never win a preseason game" well guess what Manning was playing and if he is the the football guru that everyone says he is i know he wanted to win...wayne was noexistent becasue of our secondary and I felt like we should be aknowledged for that but we could make the playoffs and I still think analysts would be talking about how the Jets were so close if only they had Revis....Tim Graham a "buffalo Native" is the worst analysts i have seen when it comes to the bills with a pessimistic attitude I can't take...we need to stand up and be heard

TE hit Lee deep over his right shoulder (sideline shoulder) and in stride after stepping up in the pocket to avoid the Left end rushing in. It was a nice toss and a VERY well designed play to buy Lee time to get open deep. Anyone under 35 who can make that throw in that situation should be in camp somewhere right now. On the Brohm to Jackson throw; Trent made a nearly identical toss to Steve Jackson on the opposite sideline but Jackson dropped it while getting interfered with.Brohm also missed a SCREEN PASS that likely would have gone for 6.

Yes, thank you. If anything, it was a better throw than Brohm's that didn't require an outstanding catch.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. "

Unlce Rico