CJ Spllier + = a good thing!

Frez

CJ Spiller getting the starting nod on this team is a good thing. This kid is going to be a special player.

GO BILLS

I'm excited about C.J., too. I worry about him being able to handle the rigors of being a number 1 back and getting 20-25 carries. If he can handle it, and stay healthy, he's probably ROY material. Let's hope!

Go Bills!!!

The Bills Suck

Spiller Sucks

You Suck

Oh wait... I just now saw the +

The Bills Rule

Spiller Rules

And most importantly, you suck

:worthy: excellent post ****... that's right your name is no longer default when I type in the synonym for excrement. Damn. To keep the + going, I love you Steve, in hetero manly way

CJ Spiller getting the starting nod on this team is a good thing. This kid is going to be a special player.

GO BILLS

+ (this is an optimist friendly post) +

I believe it too. I hope that we get to see a couple of long runs out of him this evening. We desperately need something to get excited about.

+

I'm excited about C.J., too. I worry about him being able to handle the rigors of being a number 1 back and getting 20-25 carries. If he can handle it, and stay healthy, he's probably ROY material. Let's hope!

Go Bills!!!

What rigor? No hits...all swipes. They'll just be tuggin' on his jersey. No worries! Rookie of the Year!

Go Bills!!!

I'll never understand why there's such concern with carrying a ball 25 times a game. Spiller is young and in top physical shape. If each carry averaged 5 seconds, that's only 2 minutes or so of actual ball carrying over the course of 3 and a half hours. Yeah, I realize there's blocking assignments, pass patterns, etc. There's also substitutions and change of possessions when the defense goes out. Carrying the ball 25 times might be pushing it?

There are guys working contruction, for example, in far less physical condition, working at a steady pace for hours before a break. How about those guys playing rugby, running all over and getting battered for extended periods of time?

The NFL ball players have sports drinks, cooling fans, cool towels, trainers, and everything else available to keep them conditioned.

I just don't see how 25 carrys for Spiller is about the limit of his ability.

I'll never understand why there's such concern with carrying a ball 25 times a game. Spiller is young and in top physical shape. If each carry averaged 5 seconds, that's only 2 minutes or so of actual ball carrying over the course of 3 and a half hours. Yeah, I realize there's blocking assignments, pass patterns, etc. There's also substitutions and change of possessions when the defense goes out. Carrying the ball 25 times might be pushing it?

There are guys working contruction, for example, in far less physical condition, working at a steady pace for hours before a break. How about those guys playing rugby, running all over and getting battered for extended periods of time?

The NFL ball players have sports drinks, cooling fans, cool towels, trainers, and everything else available to keep them conditioned.

I just don't see how 25 carrys for Spiller is about the limit of his ability.

It mostly has to do with taking hits on each of those carries. It was the sports science show that determined getting a good hit in the NFL is like getting hit by a car moving at 30mph. We're talking being tackled ~400 times over the course of the season just from running the ball. That definitely adds up.

I would love to us running the ball 75% of the time. I hope we keep 4 backs and Mcintyre. Jackson, Lynch, Spiller, Bell, and Mcintyre in a rotation would keep everybody fresh. I don't know about 25 touches as Spiller should get some passing routes and return game, but 15 touches would be nice.

Guest dog14787

Go Bills!!!

CJ actually appeared very durable tonight, he's very compact with a low center of gravity,

Spiller has lightning quickness and great vision,

WOW!!!

CJ actually appeared very durable tonight, he's very compact with a low center of gravity,

Spiller has lightning quickness and great vision,

WOW!!!

if I recall, Cj missed all of 1 game in college, the kid has been very durable to date.

Guest dog14787
if I recall, Cj missed all of 1 game in college, the kid has been very durable to date.

If CJ's 7 points a game average from college transfers over into the NFL, just this one Bills play maker alone can mean the difference between making the playoffs or not making the playoffs,

You have good players, and then you have the big play makers,

now we have Evans and Spiller...big play makers...

If CJ's 7 points a game average from college transfers over into the NFL, just this one Bills play maker alone can mean the difference between making the playoffs or not making the playoffs,

You have good players, and you have big play makers,

now we have Evans and Spiller...big play makers...

I said that the minute we drafted him

I see the vision and elusiveness of Thurman in his prime, with maybe even more burst through the hole. Definitely he's a force to be reckoned with from day 1.

I now agree with the statement (that I believe either Nix or Gailey made) that CJ is the type of back who makes his OL look even better than they really are. In a sense, his selection was a novel approach to making the OL better without actually selecting an OL.