Buffalo News Poll:

Ugh, so sick of these polls. All 3 suck. None of them will ever be a franchise QB. None will take us to a Super bowl. Isn't that the ultimate goal? Unless we're playing against 3rd stringers this year, this team will be lucky to win 0-4 games. Mark my word. Until we shore up the offensive line and get a real QB, this team will do nothing. This team will be lucky to win a game this season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, so sick of these polls. All 3 suck. None of them will ever be a franchise QB. None will take us to a Super bowl. Isn't that the ultimate goal? Unless we're playing against 3rd stringers this year, this team will be lucky to win 0-4 games. Mark my word. Until we shore up the offensive line and get a real QB, this team will do nothing. This team will be lucky to win a game this season.

negative nancy boy.

negative nancy boy.

Hes got a point, OL needs work, and a frachise QB is not on this roster. The only reason Brohm has so much enthusiasm behind him is that we've seen so little of him and therefore people have hope.

Well, be prepared for failure tonight. Brohm wont do much to improve his stock. If anything id say watch for Spiller to have a good game.

Hes got a point, OL needs work, and a frachise QB is not on this roster. The only reason Brohm has so much enthusiasm behind him is that we've seen so little of him and therefore people have hope.

Well, be prepared for failure tonight. Brohm wont do much to improve his stock. If anything id say watch for Spiller to have a good game.

the bills are due. its gonna be a surprise season. bills wildcard all the way.

Lucky to win a game? You must be smokin somethin way too strong. We're better than last year and heading in the right direction. Anywhere from 4 to 8 wins is reasonable and your negativeness will never be appreciated on this site.

And remember hope and change got us our current president and his promise to be out of gitmo in 90 days, out of iraw in a year, unemployment will stay below 8%.

Sometimes the people don't know what's right. Usually they are wrong.

You know what you have with Fitzpatrick, and sadly, you know what you have with Trent as well. This whole year is about fidning out who can play and who is a part of the future and who really can't play and who is deadwood to be cast off.

Brian Brohm is the great unknown and fans just hope that we someone catch lightning in a bottle and he turns out to be a legitimate QB going forward. Even if Trent does a passable job this year, is there any reason to believe he is the answer to our QB woes? I don't think so. But maybe,just maybe Brohm could be and I think we need to find out once and for all.

However, as long as Trent remains one stiff wind away from getting hurt, we'll probably see Brohm sooner than later. I just hope we don't see Fitz anymore. He is the definition of journeyman and this team needs way more than that.

What round was Tom Brady drafted? What round was Kurt Warner drafted? You cannot assume based on draft position who will be successful in the NFL. Is it likely that a 7th rounder will be a starter? Maybe not but you can NEVER rule it out.

Am I not dismissing what Brown MIGHT due, what I am dismissing is the posters insistence the Bills need to find out NOW, and have their decision based on a rookie offseason, and 1 (ONE) preseaon game.

Even Warner took a few years to develop.

Am I not dismissing what Brown MIGHT due, what I am dismissing is the posters insistence the Bills need to find out NOW, and have their decision based on a rookie offseason, and 1 (ONE) preseaon game.

Even Warner took a few years to develop.

He also bagged groceries

Lucky to win a game? You must be smokin somethin way too strong. We're better than last year and heading in the right direction. Anywhere from 4 to 8 wins is reasonable and your negativeness will never be appreciated on this site.

How can people say the Bills are better than last year?

The only substantive change for the positive is Chan, and that is only because Jauron sucked and we hope Chan is better. That still remains to be seen. I am losing what little faith I had in him as the days go by.

Other than that here's what I see"

QB - Same sucky group led by Captain Checkdown (who even his teammates don't don't want on the field. Just ask Lee Evans, or TO/Josh Reed who got ran out of town. Which brings me to my next point.)

WR - our #1 receiver and #3 receiver from last year are gone and nobody of substance was brought in to replace them

TE - same group. Medicre at best

OL - Same group. YUCK

RB - Solid Group, plus Spiller. We should have a solid run game. Which will not help much when we are trailing by 3 scores and need to score points quickly.

On Defense. Our best player retired. We brought in a few middle of the road FA's and drafted Troup. Defense was solid last year and was not the problem. What does Chan do? He blows it up and starts with a 3-4. The problem is that we have only 2 players in the front 7 who will be playing in a position they have played before in the NFL. Tell me how that is better than last year?

The DBs and Safeties are solid, but again it is the exact same group of poeple as last year/

ST - We lose Bobby April and replace him with Dehaven. This should be a wash. The ST was solid last year and should be solid this year. This is not an improvement,

A lot of people say we cannot be any worse than last year. I hate to break it to you, we can and we will be worse than last year. Even if you assume that the 3-4 defense will be better than the 4-3, its going to take time to get there. It probably will take another year or two of turning over the roster and getting guys in the right spots. In the meantime, its going to be ugly. I think we can expect alot more games like the Washington game.

I see the Bills winning anywhere from 0-4 games. Anything more than that would be a huge surprise.

Brohm seems to WANT the job more than the other two, which says a lot to me...

How do you arrive at this conclusion? If this were true he would have been outcompeting Trent in OTA's, minicamps and up to this point in camp and from all reports that has been far from the case. Wanting and deserving it are two different things anyway.

Get Real man! I love the Bills. I want a super bowl win. I believe we're headed in the right direction. But this season stinks of the 2001 Bills. Remember when Greggo took over? I believe they went 3-13 that season. The reason is we didn't have the players on the team to compete. If the Bills continue to Build through the draft and if there is something such as free agency in the future, we'll be a great team, as long as they draft for need and not BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! and Get REAL FREE AGENTS, you know impact players?

Brohm or Brown are our only chance this year. TE is not a starter and it is a waste of time to go further with him, even though they probably will waste one more pre-season start on him. We MUST find out if Brohm or Brown are capable and worth it so that we know what to do next season. Let Brohm start our third pre-season game and if he looks bad let Brown start the last one and go from there. If none of them pan out, get Daunte Culpepper (or somebody!) from the CFL for a year and draft a QB next year.

If you're going to throw away the season at least get some practice for one of the young guys. If you've given up on them and are going with a journeyman to try to squeeze as many wins as possible out of a hopeless season, why get a UFLer when you've got Fitz?

Who do you want to win the starting QB job?

Brian Brohm

60%

Trent Edwards

33%

Ryan Fitzpatrick

6%

508 votes

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ard+(BillBoard)

(via PFT)

Yeah, because I want the starting roster to be determined by a poll of average fans, of who the knuckleheads that post here are the informed subset.

If anything, that gives me more confidence in Fitz.

Get Real man! I love the Bills. I want a super bowl win. I believe we're headed in the right direction. But this season stinks of the 2001 Bills. Remember when Greggo took over? I believe they went 3-13 that season. The reason is we didn't have the players on the team to compete. If the Bills continue to Build through the draft and if there is something such as free agency in the future, we'll be a great team, as long as they draft for need and not BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE! and Get REAL FREE AGENTS, you know impact players?

That only makes sense when you're in win now mode and you think a rookie can come in and fill a hole. When you're doing a 2-3 year rebuild, picking need over BPA is the definition of reaching, which lands you overpaid mediocrity across the board.

That only makes sense when you're in win now mode and you think a rookie can come in and fill a hole. When you're doing a 2-3 year rebuild, picking need over BPA is the definition of reaching, which lands you overpaid mediocrity across the board.

Agreed. Hopefully Buddy will figure that out...