I have an idea to make the board better +

bowery4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read a Pats, Colts, Saints board? People still attack each other when their team wins the Superbowl, quite sad really. I thought maybe if we went to the playoffs the tension and harshness would diminish here but I doubt it. People are people everywhere and they have mean streaks and say things via internet they would never say in person. I would love to see some of our posters in person and have them repeat what they said behind their computers. I don't ever recall being called so many names prior to midnight in my life as I do here. Point is people say nasty **** to each other in the safety of their home and it doesn't matter what team they root for. Actually TBD is more friendly than some others I have visited, but we should refrain from name calling and stick to the topic.

I have an idea to make the board better and stop so many of us from attacking eachother. Very simple really: if you make a post that shows your enthusiastic about the Bills and your so called homerism put a plus sign in the title like I did in this post, then all the others who disagree can avoid reading it.

Also, if you are a negative Nancy and want to make your point simple, just put a - , then all the others who disagree can avoid reading it.

I only suggest this because I get sick of reading all the BS attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with me posts all the time.

We are all Bills fans and I really wish we all just respect eachother and the opinions that we might not share. Since that doesn't seem to work and I like to read the board, it is just a thought.

Sadly the responses to your posting are reflective of the type of language that all too many posters continue to choose to use in a public dialogue. It usually means that their minds cannot come up with an intellectual come-back or that they are so full of themselves that they can not respect another's opinion.

I noted that those running the board want us to report individuals but the question is ... what are the intended limitations for participation on this Buffalo Bills' fan discussion board? Are posters allowed to demean the character of players who have not had run-in's with the law but who are just on the dislike list of the board? Are posters allowed to personally criticize those they disagree with rather than just posting the reason for their disagreements?

Most of us want to be in dialogue about the team we follow win or lose. That discussion obviously includes reviewing those who provide coverage of the team. This board has some great posters such as those whose visits to training camp have given us more insight into the team than the media does so there is a lot of good happening here.

Frankly, I think most of us would quickly forget to put the + or - when starting a new post. It is more important that most of us try to be civil with each other and start reporting those who don't have that basic common decency. It will be interesting to see if those in charge take any action ...

Have you read a Pats, Colts, Saints board? People still attack each other when their team wins the Superbowl, quite sad really. I thought maybe if we went to the playoffs the tension and harshness would diminish here but I doubt it. People are people everywhere and they have mean streaks and say things via internet they would never say in person. I would love to see some of our posters in person and have them repeat what they said behind their computers. I don't ever recall being called so many names prior to midnight in my life as I do here. Point is people say nasty **** to each other in the safety of their home and it doesn't matter what team they root for. Actually TBD is more friendly than some others I have visited, but we should refrain from name calling and stick to the topic.

I agree .... just because this new fangled inter web thinggy allows one to be a jerk doen't mean one should be a jerk.

I'm just following your lead.

OK, how about this:

SJB=suckitude-10000

Is that better? I was always cornfused by negative exponents. Isn't the product of that actually positive, which would mean the equation is negative?

I'm starting to regret the whole algorithm suggestion.

Wadya think of the QB situation? In words.

Is that better? I was always cornfused by negative exponents. Isn't the product of that actually positive, which would mean the equation is negative?

If the quarterback is running for his life, then he cannot throw the ball.

The quarterback is running for his life.

I think it means you are verrrrry high in negative suckitude which would be good i think.

what if you're neutral, do you use +/- or a circle around an = sign....what?

edit: apparently the Red Cross has thought of this years ago..."...the red crystal will provide a comprehensive and lasting solution to the emblem question. It will appear as a red frame in the shape of a square on edge, on a white background, and is free from any religious, political or other connotation."

I think it means you are verrrrry high in negative suckitude which would be good i think.

negative exponents essentially make the result closer and closer to zero ...

x-2=1/x2

so ... I believe he's saying that you almost don't suck at all ...

what if you're neutral, do you use +/- or a circle around an = sign....what?

edit: apparently the Red Cross has thought of this years ago..."...the red crystal will provide a comprehensive and lasting solution to the emblem question. It will appear as a red frame in the shape of a square on edge, on a white background, and is free from any religious, political or other connotation."

I found this while cleaning out my desk the other day. Maybe we could put it to good use.