Gailey already blaming O-Line

I was just waiting for this excuse. I knew it was coming and now that he said it confirms my belief that Nix seriously screwed up this offseason by not addressing the O-Line. Gailey says in an article from Chris Brown yesterday that: a QB can't throw downfield while he's scrambling for his life or lying on his back, we got to protect better (paraphrasing).

They are already using the poor oline as an excuse for Trent's failure to throw past 4 yards. I know we played w/o some starters on the oline Friday night but doubt Cornhole Green would do much better. The fact that Nix did nothing to shore up our oline this past offseason will kill this team, something I've been saying since the draft ended . The Bills have alot of money to spend, no cap, no Schobel, small payroll; would it kill them to bring in a Flozell-Jamal Brown-Marcus Mcneil etc.

Damit Ralph spend some money and get us some NFL tackles! Nix get out of bed before noon, put down the Metamucil, pick up the rotary dial phone and do something-Oh Yeah it's too late for this year so go back to bed.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just waiting for this excuse. I knew it was coming and now that he said it confirms my belief that Nix seriously screwed up this offseason by not addressing the O-Line. Gailey says in an article from Chris Brown yesterday that: a QB can't throw downfield while he's scrambling for his life or lying on his back, we got to protect better (paraphrasing).

They are already using the poor oline as an excuse for Trent's failure to throw past 4 yards. I know we played w/o some starters on the oline Friday night but doubt Cornhole Green would do much better. The fact that Nix did nothing to shore up our oline this past offseason will kill this team, something I've been saying since the draft ended . The Bills have alot of money to spend, no cap, no Schobel, small payroll; would it kill them to bring in a Flozell-Jamal Brown-Marcus Mcneil etc.

Damit Ralph spend some money and get us some NFL tackles! Nix get out of bed before noon, put down the Metamucil, pick up the rotary dial phone and do something-Oh Yeah it's too late for this year so go back to bed.

That quotation was taken from shortly after Gailey was hired.

Gailey/Nix have no one to blame but themselves. Even if that quote is from months ago, they knew full well we needed OL and QB help above all else. They neglected both and took a huge gamble on the luxury pick Spiller above a potential franchise Qb and/or building the OL. They passed on Clausen and more quality OL prospects in round 2 also (at least Troup was a need fill). To argue that there "was no value at OL/QB" at our picks of 9 and 42 is assinine.

Now their beds are made and they will have to sleep in them.

Ugh, This team has become such a joke. It's utterly ridiculous to root for this team, when they hire 70 year old GMs and retreads as a HC no one wants. This is gonna be an ugly season. They got no OL or QB. 0-16 might very well happen.

Ugh is right! i see Peyton Manning rushing his throws and he still manages to complete them while taking a hit. Let's scrutinize Aaron Rodgers, Roethlisberger, RIvers, Eli, etc... These guys are scrambling for their lives and still make plays! NO TEAM has a flawless O-line. QB's still have to make plays. I'm not saying the O-line doesn't need to get better but the QB's here give them no help whatsoever.

Not too late to get some help !!! Make some trade.Have a log jam in Defensive Backs!!! Trade Lynch.... Spend some dam money!!!! I agee Do something !!!!

So your saying this quotation from this article was taken months ago, because If so, there's no indication what so ever of that being the case in the article.( which is a bit misleading )

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/sports/3406941/story.html

I agree it's unclear. He said it when he was hired, it's possible he repeated it again recently.

Ugh, This team has become such a joke. It's utterly ridiculous to root for this team, when they hire 70 year old GMs and retreads as a HC no one wants. This is gonna be an ugly season. They got no OL or QB. 0-16 might very well happen.

Whoa Sally, are you ovulating? Have some ginsing tea, a good cry and things will get better.

that came from a great thread...I deemed it more than worthy of acknowledgment...I busted a gut over that one.

You must, absolutely must get your hands on The Oxford Book of Humorous Prose - a Conducted Tour by Frank Muir, Oxford University Press, 1990, ISBN 0-19-214106-6.

I steal material from it on a regular basis.

Guest dog14787
I agree it's unclear. He said it when he was hired, it's possible he repeated it again recently.

I know, I just tried to locate the original quote to see If their identical, I remember him saying something along the same lines not to long after he was brought in.

Lori would have had this question answered before we even asked it