Who will lead the Bills in sacks?

Justice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess, I would say Kelsay would be the sack leader, and that my friends is a scary thought. Chris Kelsay didn't exactly terrorize opposing QB's during his tenure in Buffalo and there is no reason to believe that is going to change simply because he is changing positions this year but I select him never the less because no one on our roster has more sacks than Kelsay at this present time.

I think Kelsay might actually get cut. I don't see him transitioning very well to outside linebacker. Plus he makes too much money to be a part time player. Also the injury puts him way behind. Maybe they trade him, maybe he gets cut is my thinking

Looks like you missed a large portion of the game then, even though you were there. As many have said already, when the OT gets both hands on him...sure...he's pretty useless right now. When he gets the edge (which he did atleast 5 times Friday) , he usually makes pretty good things happen (ie. a Sack, A forced Sack into another player which both happened Friday along with a hurry or 2)

He got a sack against a 4th string RFA who will not be on the team next week. When Maybe went against Trent Williams he was irrelevant! You Maybe apologists crack me up. He gets a sack against the water boy and you think he's the next Bruce Smith. He was a number 1 draft pick, can't play against the run and gets blown up by 1st team tackles. Yeah I was there in section 122 row 16 seat 5 to watch him get his little ass handed to him.

So you missed his sack? He was credited 1 sack. While watching Maybin try to run around the outside on every play.. I was like.. doesn't this guy have an inside move? Right after I was thinking that he finally got off a inside spin move for a sack of Beck. Beck went down like a cream puff.. but he still got his hands on him and got the sack.

It doesn't matter what he did against the 4th string tackle. Against trent williams, a rookie, he was a non factor, unless you throw in the penalty that cost us a TD. You cannot possibly count that sack against the water boy.

Other than QB and OL, which we all know is very weak, the biggest question about our Buffalo Bills is the pass rush. IMO, we will have one of, if not the worst, pass rush in NFL history this year. Our secondary will suffer because of this and the Bills will lose a lot of games.

To keep things in perspective, the Bills are in year one of a huge transition from the Tampa Two to the 3-4 defense. This change-over will take a lot longer than one year to fill in the personnel necessary to make such a drastic change effective. The Bills are going in the opposite end of the spectrum with this defensive scheme change. Had the Bills been playing a 4-3 with normal sized athletes as opposed to the midgets that Jauron loved so much then the transition would have been much easier.

At this point, I'm ready for the worst of the worst from the Bills this season and we need it. Jerry Sullivan was right, the Bills NEED to suck. The Bills need to be the first team on the clock in the 2011 draft. These are the cards that Gailey and Co. have been dealt. They can only plug a few holes at a time on this sinking ship. The Bills will use the draft as their main strategy of replenishing the roster because of financial and geographical constraints and what better way of doing this having the first pick in every round?

One of the problem areas for the Bills that couldn't be fixed this off-season is the pass rush. Nix had to know this was going to be huge concern because he brought in a lot of linebackers for interviews and such to see if there was anyone out there that can help us in this area.

Hopefully the younger guys, such as, Coleman, Batten, Ellis, and Maybin can get to the quarterback this year, but I doubt it. I'm having a hard time deciding who will lead the Bills in sacks this year.

If I had to guess, I would say Kelsay would be the sack leader, and that my friends is a scary thought. Chris Kelsay didn't exactly terrorize opposing QB's during his tenure in Buffalo and there is no reason to believe that is going to change simply because he is changing positions this year but I select him never the less because no one on our roster has more sacks than Kelsay at this present time.

Come April, when the year is over with and the draft dawns upon us once again the Bills will have a huge decision to make. We have major needs at QB, OLB, and OT. In what order will the Bills address these needs? I do not envy the position Nix is in. This rebuild will not be easy.

Which ever safety blitzs the most!! :ph34r:

He got a sack against a 4th string RFA who will not be on the team next week. When Maybe went against Trent Williams he was irrelevant! You Maybe apologists crack me up. He gets a sack against the water boy and you think he's the next Bruce Smith. He was a number 1 draft pick, can't play against the run and gets blown up by 1st team tackles. Yeah I was there in section 122 row 16 seat 5 to watch him get his little ass handed to him.

Try reading what I wrote oh you fine spinner of cliche...