Whos killing the Spiller pick now

Best player available,..... Thats the way to draft... Good job Buddy...Depth!!!

Who knows,... Wally Pipp

thank God Buddy made that pick, spiller looks like he is gonna start against the phins, lets hope the O-line can give him a few creases to rip thru...:lol:

Guest dog14787
thank God Buddy made that pick, spiller looks like he is gonna start against the phins, lets hope the O-line can give him a few creases to rip thru...:)

Here's the latest news on the injury front and its not good http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nf...ticle102508.ece

Jackson to miss 4-6 weeks, Lynch 3-4 weeks, :lol:

We still have a banged up Wang :wallbash: :wallbash:

and our Wood's not 100% good :wallbash::huh::lol:

I thought Spiller looked o.k. in the pre-season opener. He had some bad blocking plays, maybe some messed up assignments there, but he ran pretty good for having nothing to speak of for an O-line. I think he looked faster than any of our other backs. But - and I know we've got them hurt now, but still - Jackson creates some real problems for defenses, although he's not as fast as Spiller, he does have speed and elusiveness and the ability to break tackles, and he can catch. Lynch, too, is a beast in his own right, being maybe the least quick of the bunch, but also a very unpredictable runner who can run over people, and who can find his way around or over six or seven defensemen on his way to the endzone. So, as good as Spiller looked this time, his counterparts looked every bit as good, and that seems to lead us to the conclusion that this first round pick will be a complimentary RB for a while. I hope he ends up meaning more than that, and I think he's very capable and special - I just think we have some other special RB's also, and an apparent lack of special O-linemen.

Pick me. RBs are a dime a dozen. What you need is a line.

I hope Spiller is amazing but I'd rather have 5 good linemen and 2 lousy RBs than 1 good RB and 4 joke lineman.

Moderators please forward this idea/response to the FO.

Best player available,..... Thats the way to draft... Good job Buddy...Depth!!!

Who knows,... Wally Pipp

Wait until he breaks his leg because there is no offensive line to block for him. He has the potential to be a great NFL back, but he isn't ready to start full time yet, his play last friday proved that. He has the skills when the ball is in his hands, but he needs to learn the blocking schemes and techniques. It still would have made much more sense to pick in an area that we didn't have the depth that we have in the backfield. It is much easier to made do with an average back than with an average Offensive Lineman or quarterback. That isn't even debateable, just look at the Broncos over the past 10 seasons with a different 1,000 yard back almost every year, backs that could even make teams like the Bills (Olandis Gary).

Knowing the Bills... the next preseason game... both Spiller and Bell will look good for a couple plays and then also get injured.

This team is a joke, and I'm embarrassed to be a fan these days :lol:

BUT, I'm not fairweather, so I'll stick with our guys and cross my fingers.

I'm little worried that Jackson might start the season on the P.U.P. list, due to the fact that Lynch may not be ready by the opener but we need additional RBs behind Spiller.

It would stink to have Jackson miss any time, but having him miss 6 weeks as a result of being put on the P.U.P. list out of necessity?

Pretty darn stinky.

THE GUY GOT 16 yards on FOUR carries!!!!! Except for the fact that he is the number one pick in an area where we don't need him either of the other healthy backs might well be starting. Given our offensive line I won't be surprised if he gets injured as well. For that matter its only a matter of time before the qb's start going down.

Fix theoffensive line.