Cleveland, OH

I just returned home from Cleveland and damn... that city has changed since I've been there. The waterfront is incredible... has the browns stadium, science museum, and rock and roll hall of fame. The streets are very kept up and clean... and wow... it was about as busy as a Buffalo weekday on a SATURDAY.

I wish Buffalo was more like Cleveland - city wise. :wallbash:

I just returned home from Cleveland and damn... that city has changed since I've been there. The waterfront is incredible... has the browns stadium, science museum, and rock and roll hall of fame. The streets are very kept up and clean... and wow... it was about as busy as a Buffalo weekday on a SATURDAY.

I wish Buffalo was more like Cleveland - city wise. :wallbash:

I was in Cleveland 2 weeks ago. Went to the art museum, R-n-R HOF, and saw the Yankees beat the Indians 8-0. I came away with the same impression that you did.

when was the last time you were there?

I worked for a summer in Cleveland in 2001, and it was just as nice then.

Buffalo has the same potential. Every time I go to or through Buffalo (not often, but most recently in March), it always reminds me of Philly or having the potential of Philly (i.e., with the water and the shipyards, etc.).

Buffalo has potential... but it is lacking in the tourist department. Anchor Bar isn't going to attract thousands everyday... I wish Buffalo wasn't in NYS.

Buffalo has potential... but it is lacking in the tourist department. Anchor Bar isn't going to attract thousands everyday... I wish Buffalo wasn't in NYS.

BLFO doesn't even have a beach or any proper water access! Sure it has potential... Fork over the bucks! What kind of return are investors going to get?

I know it's just one thing but people were raving about Buffalo when they came here for the first 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney this year.

when was the last time you were there?

I worked for a summer in Cleveland in 2001, and it was just as nice then.

Buffalo has the same potential. Every time I go to or through Buffalo (not often, but most recently in March), it always reminds me of Philly or having the potential of Philly (i.e., with the water and the shipyards, etc.).

Cleveland was nice in 99 too. I was impressed with the shopping mall located near Progressive Field.

Yeah, the week between this past Christmas and New Years, I went to the NFL Hall of Fame in Akron, and then to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I had a blast, and was impressed by Cleveland as well. Of course, visiting and living are two different things. I was amazed that Cleveland came in at #3 as the worst places to live in the US...Detroit was #2 I believe...Buffalo didn't make the list!! They used the economy and job situation (connected as they are) as a major criterion. I love Buffalo, and might end up back there some day... but Cleveland rocks! A few years ago, as an occasional visitor, I kind of felt like Buffalo was on the upswing too...but the last few times, not so much.

Yeah, the week between this past Christmas and New Years, I went to the NFL Hall of Fame in Akron, and then to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I had a blast, and was impressed by Cleveland as well. Of course, visiting and living are two different things. I was amazed that Cleveland came in at #3 as the worst places to live in the US...Detroit was #2 I believe...Buffalo didn't make the list!! They used the economy and job situation (connected as they are) as a major criterion. I love Buffalo, and might end up back there some day... but Cleveland rocks! A few years ago, as an occasional visitor, I kind of felt like Buffalo was on the upswing too...but the last few times, not so much.

Cleveland is still sorta at a geographical crossroads... They never really went bust that way. BFLO did (in all forms as a hub to anything). What does BFLO have to offer? It is totally tucked out of the way in a big state that has NYC and other major areas. Ohio is still pretty much the CLEV-COL-CINCY corridor. BFLO by no means defines NYS more than CLEV defines Ohio. I know I am going to take slack for this... So be it.