TrINT

Brand J

Has there ever been a player in NFL history, who has received as many opportunities as this guy has, yet continued to fail time and time again? TrINT is going into his 4th season and looks worse than he did as a rookie QB. There has been no progression. I refused to get giddy when all the camp reports were coming back, "TrINT is the man! He's so much more confident out there. He's a leader now." Yes, I realize it was the first preseason game, but I saw in TrINT the same thing I saw in him last year and the year before that and the year before that: Edwards takes the snap, looks immediately for his outlet receiver and throws a pass into his feet. On that third down pass that he threw to Lynch, he had an even better option open further downfield - a WR who would've gotten the first down. TrINT lulls you with his measureables only to disappoint you with his intangibles. I want the guy to succeed as much as anyone else, because I am a Buffalo Bills fan first and foremost, but I think we are in for a deja vu type of season. I hate to bring it up again, but we should've rolled the dice on Clausen at #41. He looked better orchestrating his 1st offensive NFL series, than TrINT looks as a 4th year player..

Has there ever been a player in NFL history, who has received as many opportunities as this guy has, yet continued to fail time and time again? TrINT is going into his 4th season and looks worse than he did as a rookie QB. There has been no progression. I refused to get giddy when all the camp reports were coming back, "TrINT is the man! He's so much more confident out there. He's a leader now." Yes, I realize it was the first preseason game, but I saw in TrINT the same thing I saw in him last year and the year before that and the year before that: Edwards takes the snap, looks immediately for his outlet receiver and throws a pass into his feet. On that third down pass that he threw to Lynch, he had an even better option open further downfield - a WR who would've gotten the first down. TrINT lulls you with his measureables only to disappoint you with his intangibles. I want the guy to succeed as much as anyone else, because I am a Buffalo Bills fan first and foremost, but I think we are in for a deja vu type of season. I hate to bring it up again, but we should've rolled the dice on Clausen at #41. He looked better orchestrating his 1st offensive NFL series, than TrINT looks as a 4th year player..

He did look bad. Offensive line couldn't pass protect. No pass rush from the starting defense. This team is awful.

The throw we NEVER see from Trent is the 15-18 yrd pass up the middle of the field. His entire repiture CONTINUES to be (and God knows I hoped this would change) short the the WR, TE or RD on the outside or overthrown bomb to the outside. Trent does not have the courage to throw in the middle.

One noticable difference I saw was the bomb he fired to Stevie J. I don't remember a longer throw by him ever. So he has gotten stronger. Now he has to work on touch with the deep route.

Otherwise, sadly, I agree with the OP..

If he'd only hit on that deep ball, since Stevie J. was wide open, we'd be singing a different tune this morning, but alas, Trent misfired on the long ball, as he usually does.....

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::censored:

:P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::beer:

Oh, so we don't want him to magically rise and become the 2nd coming of Joe Montana? I'd put away my dislike for him really quick if that were to happen. As of now however, I wouldn't mind turning the page and giving our other QBs a chance to sink/swim - by other QBs, I mean Brohm and Brown.

Trent has made no gains at all since last year. He looked the same and made the same poor choices. i agree the line sucked. It sucked for Fitzy as well but as much as his arm is shaky, Fitz fires the ball and tries to lead. Early on, I could see what Chan was thinking.....a power running game and three back sets with a speedster like CJ could make Trent serviceable. But if we have to rely on this guy to do more than hand off and pass now and again, we are in for yet another year like last year. If we are going to suck during this rebuild, I am leaning towards sucking someone other than Trent. Thank God we play again on Thursday. We can't suck as bad in every phase of the game as we did last night.

Trent has made no gains at all since last year. He looked the same and made the same poor choices. i agree the line sucked. It sucked for Fitzy as well but as much as his arm is shaky, Fitz fires the ball and tries to lead. Early on, I could see what Chan was thinking.....a power running game and three back sets with a speedster like CJ could make Trent serviceable. But if we have to rely on this guy to do more than hand off and pass now and again, we are in for yet another year like last year. If we are going to suck during this rebuild, I am leaning towards sucking someone other than Trent. Thank God we play again on Thursday. We can't suck as bad in every phase of the game as we did last night.

I can't totally agree with your take on us sucking in all phases. In limited action I thought our starting RB's did just fine and the back ups played ok also, other than that I agree.

On two consecutive series, 3rd and long, Fitz dumped off to a RB for about half the needed yards and we punted. How come he isn't labeled "captain checkdown?"

It just seems to me a lot of posters on this board let personal agenda's and bias dictate.

We should all want whatever QB playing to be successful. If that is not the case, then don't post.

***FWIW, I am not calling you out. I mean this generally, just happened to piggy back your post.

I can't totally agree with your take on us sucking in all phases. In limited action I thought our starting RB's did just fine and the back ups played ok also, other than that I agree.

On two consecutive series, 3rd and long, Fitz dumped off to a RB for about half the needed yards and we punted. How come he isn't labeled "captain checkdown?"

It just seems to me a lot of posters on this board let personal agenda's and bias dictate.

We should all want whatever QB playing to be successful. If that is not the case, then don't post.

***FWIW, I am not calling you out. I mean this generally, just happened to piggy back your post.

There's two more QB's on the roster. If we are to suck, let's suck with someone new who may have upside. As for all phases of the game, I'm refering to offense, defense and special teams. In each area we just plain stunk. Bright spots in there, sure. But overall it was a pitiful effort.