It doesn't matter !!!!!!

Not a great debut, but I do (for the first time ever) agree with Theismann, the Bills look a little tired, not as full speed of an effort as the Skins. They were beat to the ball, missed picks, etc.

It's interesting that on 97 Rock they said the Skins run pads in the morning and a walktrough in the afternoon in practice. Maybe Chan is working the boys too much? Maybe they're just at that heavy leg phase?

I guess Chan and crew have plenty to work on...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone think that not going for 4 and 1 was just dumb? Wouldn't it have made sense to go for it, and if they do pick it up that Trent and the offense stays on the field to get a little more work. I read the other day that this year there working on situational football. Maybe they don't think 4 and 1 will come up this year.

thoughts?

This is a tough call. Edwards did not throw on time because he was quickly flushed out of the pocket. Chambers was a turnstile as usual.

Evans needs to get to the ball and help the QB out. When a QB throws on the run the WR needs to be moving too.

I put this one on Evans.

How? Trent scrambled for all of 2 seconds and only took a couple steps out of the pocket when he threw it...Lee was in route to the sideline, he didnt have time to break off his route. You people act like Trent was scrambling for his life...he took a few steps out of the pocket and threw off his back foot. This is a terrible decision and an even worse throw by a QB who does not have the arm strength to make that throw.

Lee wasnt 40 yards down field, he was running a short to med out pattern to the sideline when Trent threw that lame duck. If Trent had any mustard on that ball then its an easy completion.

Not sure it really matters who is blamed more than the other -- I certainly don't give a ****. They both contributed to the INT with poor play. Not good from your #1 QB and superstar WR. Not good at all.

+1

For the most part this just supports peoples hatred of Trent. But you said it best its just poor play from a our #1 QB and "superstar" wr.

Decent QB pressure? In the first half we had no sacks and no pressures.

Maybin was owned by a rookie in his first start. Maybin also had a late hit on their second possesion, which, by the way kept the Skins drive alive.

BTW - Maybin is still in the game in the fourth quarter playing against fodder. He has made some QB pressures in the second half but is lost on running plays.

True. Maybin was utterly dominated by Trent Williams.

How? Trent scrambled for all of 2 seconds and only took a couple steps out of the pocket when he threw it...Lee was in route to the sideline, he didnt have time to break off his route. You people act like Trent was scrambling for his life...he took a few steps out of the pocket and threw off his back foot. This is a terrible decision and an even worse throw by a QB who does not have the arm strength to make that throw.

Lee wasnt 40 yards down field, he was running a short to med out pattern to the sideline when Trent threw that lame duck. If Trent had any mustard on that ball then its an easy completion.

Yet, oddly enough DeAngelo Hall had the instincts and quick-twitch to react to the ball, drive on it, pick it off, and go running down the sidelines the other way. It is a too much to ask for a superstar WR to be able to see and react to a play as it develops and make an athletic play and all.

Did anyone think that not going for 4 and 1 was just dumb? Wouldn't it have made sense to go for it, and if they do pick it up that Trent and the offense stays on the field to get a little more work. I read the other day that this year there working on situational football. Maybe they don't think 4 and 1 will come up this year.

thoughts?

Maybe Gailey isn't the extremely aggressive, out-of-the-box coach some have been building him to be.

Yet, oddly enough DeAngelo Hall had the instincts and quick-twitch to react to the ball, drive on it, pick it off, and go running down the sidelines the other way. It is a too much to ask for a superstar WR to be able to see and react to a play as it develops and make an athletic play and all.

Um, Hall was playing behind Lee and coming back to Lee as Trent stared him down while Lee was running an out to the sideline. But I guess Lee is supposed to be able to see through the back of his helmet and understand that Trent is taking an hour to deliver the ball with his weak arm like 12 yards down field. A QB with any kind of quality arm strength easily completes that pass as Lee was wide open when he started that throw, but a weak armed QB throwing off his back foot with his body momentum falling back ward and to the side throws an easy INT.

All the people on this board who predicted great things from this team before they saw them in competition against another team should just leave the board. You don't know what your talking about, never have, you just talk out of your arse. And btw our RBs and DBs are not in the top five at their position in football.

Again Brian Moorman proved he is the best player on this team and boy will we need him to come through again this year.

Lee again proved he is a quitter and has been since he signed his fat contract. He can join Schoebel for all I care, obviously he doesn't give a crappie.

Marshawn should start ahead of Freddy and CJ. He runs like Steven Jackson of the Rams unfortunately the Bills are a lot like the Rams.

If Chambers makes the team it means we have no depth and are in big trouble.

Maybin was chewed, swallowed and spit out by Williams but he kept coming and played hard the whole game. He never quit and he is going to be okay. I liked that Chan played him a lot.

The DBs all looked average especially McGee. This board always overrated his play (except kick returns of course where he was sensational.).

Trent and the offense quit once Stupar hooked his man. Everybody knew on the next play Trent would not throw it deep enough to try to get a first down and he didn't.

Gotta like David Nelson, I hope they move him up a spot or two.

I like Joique Bell. How do we keep four RBs? Simpson is okay too.

D-line had little push except for Maybin.

Um, Hall was playing behind Lee and coming back to Lee as Trent stared him down while Lee was running an out to the sideline. But I guess Lee is supposed to be able to see through the back of his helmet and understand that Trent is taking an hour to deliver the ball with his weak arm like 12 yards down field. A QB with any kind of quality arm strength easily completes that pass as Lee was wide open when he started that throw, but a weak armed QB throwing off his back foot with his body momentum falling back ward and to the side throws an easy INT.

No doubt. I would have liked to see Lee make a stronger move to the ball. But really the likely best that would have happened is he breaks up the INT. Trent threw a horrible pass, Hall made a great play and Evans didn't do enough, IMO.

Your long-standing detest of Trent Edwards is duly noted. Carry on. Run the campaign.

All the people on this board who predicted great things from this team before they saw them in competition against another team should just leave the board. You don't know what your talking about, never have, you just talk out of your arse. And btw our RBs and DBs are not in the top five at their position in football.

Again Brian Moorman proved he is the best player on this team and boy will we need him to come through again this year.

Lee again proved he is a quitter and has been since he signed his fat contract. He can join Schoebel for all I care, obviously he doesn't give a crappie.

Marshawn should start ahead of Freddy and CJ. He runs like Steven Jackson of the Rams unfortunately the Bills are a lot like the Rams.

If Chambers makes the team it means we have no depth and are in big trouble.

Maybin was chewed, swallowed and spit out by Williams but he kept coming and played hard the whole game. He never quit and he is going to be okay. I liked that Chan played him a lot.

The DBs all looked average especially McGee. This board always overrated his play (except kick returns of course where he was sensational.).

Trent and the offense quit once Stupar hooked his man. Everybody knew on the next play Trent would not throw it deep enough to try to get a first down and he didn't.

Gotta like David Nelson, I hope they move him up a spot or two.

I like Joique Bell. How do we keep four RBs? Simpson is okay too.

D-line had little push except for Maybin.

CJ looked very good in his one carry. I would not anoint the Beast yet.

Chambers is just plain bad. He got cut last year and he is back and even further up the depth chart because our FO continues to ignore the OT position.

McGee looked slow and did not have a good game.

Dean, I've said this for two years. The good/great QBs in the NFL throw the ball to WRs who don't appear to be open. Trent only seems to be able to pull the trigger if he sees daylight.

Until that is fixed, he's worthless.

Thats what I have been saying too! This guy waits until the WR is open, which in the NFL means he is no longer open!