It doesn't matter !!!!!!

No doubt. I would have liked to see Lee make a stronger move to the ball. But really the likely best that would have happened is he breaks up the INT. Trent threw a horrible pass, Hall made a great play and Evans didn't do enough, IMO.

Nah. It's 100% Trent. I mean, you'd never see Steve Smith break up a bad throw from a weak armed QB (oh, like say, a guy coming back after Tommy John surgery) on an out pattern for crying out loud. :censored:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin is an absolute ass clown. He gets totally mauled by a rookie in his first game and then has enough gall to hit Mcnabb in the head 10 seconds after he gets rid of the ball. Can we cut him already. The lack of pressure on the qb is going to make for a very long season.

Maybin is an absolute ass clown. He gets totally mauled by a rookie in his first game and then has enough gall to hit Mcnabb in the head 10 seconds after he gets rid of the ball. Can we cut him already. The lack of pressure on the qb is going to make for a very long season.

Actually he showed me a little something on that hit. I have no problem with our guys putting a late (even very late) smack on the opposing QB, early in the game. It's the attitude this team has been missing for years.

Now the hit wasn't HARD enough to justify the penalty. But he had the right idea. The QB should not be comfortable, and should be worried even if the whistle is sounding.

Overall I was more impressed with Maybin than I have been to date.

Maybin just seems desperate to prove himself and is playing out-of-control to achieve that goal. If I were an offensive coordinator, I'd take advantage of his over-aggressive pass rush every chance I could.

The air went out of this team after the holding penalty on Stupar. But not so much the penalty, but because on the next play Trent did not look to throw for the first down. He was content to make the dumpoff to Marshawn-who almost got the first on his own. Trent has no confidence to make plays, does not light a fire under his teammates, and I think the team suffers with him on the field. We just looked very flat out there tonite. Just a very poor effort all around. Until we get some decent QB play, we are not going to win many games.

Another bad game by Trent, and I think he gets cut. Fitzie, while not great by any means still can move the team somewhat. I think Brohm needs to be given every chance to be the starter. On a somewhat brighter note, David Nelson looks like a diamond in the rough. He looks and plays like an NFL player. He could be our number two guy very soon, or at least in the regular rotation. And at RB we are LOADED with Freddie or without. But it all comes down to QB play. And right now we don't have it.

And the pick was Trent's fault all the way. Throwing late to the outside when the corner has inside position, and is already breaking on the route is all on the QB. No way Lee is going to catch that ball.

Actually he showed me a little something on that hit. I have no problem with our guys putting a late (even very late) smack on the opposing QB, early in the game. It's the attitude this team has been missing for years.

Now the hit wasn't HARD enough to justify the penalty. But he had the right idea. The QB should not be comfortable, and should be worried even if the whistle is sounding.

Overall I was more impressed with Maybin than I have been to date.

Maybin's hit was hard enought to justify a penalty in pre-season. I thought that against the starters in the first half he was not ready for prime time. He really only played on passing downs and his speed rush move has handled easily by rookie Trent Williams. His penalty kept a drive alive and led to a TD.

He played the entire second half and he made some plays but he sure gets burried on running plays. The kid has a long way to go.

Maybin's hit was hard enought to justify a penalty in pre-season.

Yes, it was certainly a penalty. What I meant was, if you are going to take a penalty on a play like that, you should make sure you get a better/harder shot. "Justify" from Bills/Maybin's view, not the refs.