Getting angry with the media

Disparaging remarks on Nix aside, this about sums it up. Take it to the bank that most sports "journalists" do little if any homework and just ape what the conventional wisdom is....and the CW is that we have sucked for years and why expect anything else. Just win and that changes. Even then, the sports media will not correctily identify why we are winning and will be just as innaccurate. They can't help it, they're lame and we just have to suffer them. Bottom line, win.

I actually didn't mean it to be an insult at all. I have always used the term geriatric in a medical context, which is simply an aged person. Seeing as how he will be 72 this season, I don't think that is out of line. :thumbsup:

December 6 as a matter of fact. Maybe the team will give him a present on the 5th and beat the Vikings? Dare to dream :worthy:

I actually didn't mean it to be an insult at all. I have always used the term geriatric in a medical context, which is simply an aged person. Seeing as how he will be 72 this season, I don't think that is out of line. :thumbsup:

December 6 as a matter of fact. Maybe the team will give him a present on the 5th and beat the Vikings? Dare to dream :worthy:

Okay, got it. Now I'm focused on beating the Vikes for our man Buddy. I did think your thoughts on national media bashing to be spot on.

We beat the Jets last year in their own house.

True enough, but that is 1 game. And if I remember right, the media wrote that off as Sanchez sucked balls (which he did if I remember correctly). You have to start to win those games consistently, not just a "fluke" one off game.

If the Bills just beat the Dolphins week one, the media will act very surprised - well surprised that the Dolphins could play so badly to have been beaten by the Bills - despite the fact that the Bills crushed the Dolphins in Buffalo last year with Ryan Fitzpatrick lighting them up.

They just did a little preview of tonights PS game. They showed 3 incomplete passes from TC from Edwards, and Shawn Springs said the only bright spots on our defense are Byrd and Maybin.

Really? I'm not bashing people because I'm a Bill's fan that can't accept reality -- it just seems that there is little or no effort by the media to even look into teams that aren't headliners....Aaron Shatz would fit in perfectly there...

I really hope Maybin isn't another Vernon Gholston... When the Jets drafted him I thought he would be a major force in that defense for years.. He was a big time defensive end wiith tons of speed, maybe just a bit undersize for the position, but a huge upside comming from a big time college... He was so ineffective at end he was moved to linebacker in the 3-4 (sound familiar?)... Now I look at Maybin and think he might be the same non-factor that Gholston has been... I pray I am wrong!!!

They just did a little preview of tonights PS game. They showed 3 incomplete passes from TC from Edwards, and Shawn Springs said the only bright spots on our defense are Byrd and Maybin.

Really? I'm not bashing people because I'm a Bill's fan that can't accept reality -- it just seems that there is little or no effort by the media to even look into teams that aren't headliners....Aaron Shatz would fit in perfectly there...

Of course they're not making any effort to look at us. Media are the reflector, not the director of what we, as a nation, think. Based on past performance, most of the country doesn't think much of us, and thus sports media don't either. But screw 'em. The game is played on the field and we'll either show them all, or we won't. But media "wizards" are just jockeying for advertising dollars.

It's a new season, friends, and there's Bills football on tonight. So let's all crack open a cold one, sit back, and enjoy some football, no matter the outcome or what some jerks in NYC/LA think of us.

Not to pile on, but why on earth would anyone call Maybin the gright spot on our defense before we even played a preseason game, when he is playing a new position, and he wasn't very good at defensive end? I mean..Poz might be a bright spot, from what I'm hearing Whitner might be a bright spot, our cornerbacks are probably bright spots...but Maybin?