Jimmy Clausen

And you think from what we knew during the draft that Clausen was head shoulders better than TE or Brohm and warranted a high pick? Really? Just because we have QB issues doesn't mean you burn a high pick on a guy that has as many holes in his game as the guys we have - who were both bright young prospects two and five years ago.

I have no idea who were the bright young prospects two or five years ago. I suppose I could look it up.

What I do know, without having to look up anything, is the the marginal at best QB play that BUF has put in the playing field for quite a long while.

Somewhere along the line, I would have liked them to have taken a chance. What do you have to lose, after so many years of sitting home when January rolls around? :thumbsup:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight. Trent Edwards had a 99.9 Qb rating as a rookie and is now a bum. However, the 3rd Qb off the board behind a guy who missed the entire year & another guy who has to learn how to throw again in one of the worst qb drafts ever is now a star? A star after a 41 qb rating, an average of 5.3 (way worse than Trent, checkdown clausen), led his team to a robust 3 points, all against a team that had the most banged up secondary in the NFL? What kind of logic is this? I hate fans sometimes.

Yeah

Somewhere along the line, I would have liked them to have taken a chance. What do you have to lose, after so many years of sitting home when January rolls around? :thumbsup:

We took a chance on JP and Todd Collins. How did that work out?

We've had our best success with vets. Flutie and Blue Dredsloe.

So let me get this straight. Trent Edwards had a 99.9 Qb rating as a rookie and is now a bum. However, the 3rd Qb off the board behind a guy who missed the entire year & another guy who has to learn how to throw again in one of the worst qb drafts ever is now a star? A star after a 41 qb rating, an average of 5.3 (way worse than Trent, checkdown clausen), led his team to a robust 3 points, all against a team that had the most banged up secondary in the NFL? What kind of logic is this? I hate fans sometimes.

Gruden and Jaws were gushing over him. If you watched the game, he made 2 throws that Trent has never made down the middle of the field. The WR obviously slipped on the INT too. Dont't take my word for it, take Gruden's and Jaw's word for it.

And you think from what we knew during the draft that Clausen was head shoulders better than TE or Brohm and warranted a high pick? Really? Just because we have QB issues doesn't mean you burn a high pick on a guy that has as many holes in his game as the guys we have - who were both bright young prospects two and five years ago.

Guess, you could be saying the same thing in next years draft too?

I thought he did ok for a rookie. Had some zip on a bunch of his throws, but he also had some slow reads, where he should have thrown it away- resulted in sacks.

I didn't have a good feeling about him coming out of college.

Gruden and Jaws were gushing over him. If you watched the game, he made 2 throws that Trent has never made down the middle of the field. The WR obviously slipped on the INT too. Dont't take my word for it, take Gruden's and Jaw's word for it.

Gruden & Jaws gush over everyone. That would have down right had wood after Trent's first preseason. There was nothing special about Clausen's performance last night. You have to be a ND homer to think otherwise.

Gruden & Jaws gush over everyone. That would have down right had wood after Trent's first preseason. There was nothing special about Clausen's performance last night. You have to be a ND homer to think otherwise.

Not going to get in a debate about Clausen because you have your ideas and I have mine. What I will say is this, the Bills will regret not picking him and I can't wait to say I told you so about Clausen.

BTW, I hate ND....Canes all the way.

I wanted him at 9. When he was amazingly still on the board when our 2nd pick came around, I was shocked and disappointed we didn't grab him. That would've been a steal and made our draft better. A top-ten talent in the 2nd round at a reasonable price.

That's what I think too. This Troup cat better be really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Clausen continues to light it up. 9 for 22 (41%), 72 yards (3.3 ypa, thank god for that cannon), and 1 INT. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010082157/2010/PRE2/jets@panthers/analyze/box-score

His numbers so far this preseason: 17 for 37 (45.9), 152 yards (4.1 ypa), 0 tds (and 0 td drives led), 2 INTs, and 35 QB rating.

I can't believe the Bills passed on this kid. He is obviously much better than any QB we have here!!!

I wanted him at 9. When he was amazingly still on the board when our 2nd pick came around, I was shocked and disappointed we didn't grab him. That would've been a steal and made our draft better. A top-ten talent in the 2nd round at a reasonable price.

How do you feel now? Relieved we didn't waste a pick on him?

PTR