OchoCinco to Donte: My turn really soon for revenge

Skoobydum

What exactly OchoCinco means by revenge is unclear, but the knockout shot by Whitner was impressive and by the way legal. Usually OchoCinco is just looking to score touchdowns when he makes these call outs to opponents.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/12/o...ls-out-whitner/

sounds like fun. i always like going down to Cincy to see the Bills whoop up on the hometown Bengals. :ph34r:

I usually don't like to see anybody injured, but I thought it was funny when the guy behind me starting counting "Uno, dos, tres.."

That really is hilarious...

:ph34r:B-)

I usually don't like to see anybody injured, but I thought it was funny when the guy behind me started counting "Uno, dos, tres.."

:D

No. Lil Donte couldn't knock anyone out. why would a star like Cinco even acknowledge a non-entity like Whitner.

:ph34r:

B-) People who rip on Donte are really ignorant, JMO

Here's the aftermath;

Here's a video of the hit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuRboJGfrD0...feature=related

Here's an article about it;

When Johnson and Houshmandzadeh did get their hands on the ball, they paid a painful price. No one felt the Bills' defensive wrath more than Johnson, who was carried off the field on a stretcher late in the fourth quarter after being hit by strong safety Donte Whitner. It was a clean hit and; Whitner warned Johnson beforehand that it was coming.

"[Earlier in the quarter] we were in a coverage and I took a bad angle. I should have had a shot on him," Whitner said. "That's the ball that he dropped. I said to him, 'Hey, you better watch out.' And he said, 'Well, bring it.' He came across the middle again, we were in a Cover-2, he tried to hit me with a double move and that's pretty much all I remember. It goes so fast it was like, 'Here he is. Hit him. Bam! Play's over.' "

Whitner didn't try to hurt Johnson. Whither said he had a job to do and he did it.

"We want to be a physical defense," he said. "We want to show people that if you catch that football you're going to get hit."

Tim's writeup of that moment has been in my signature for quite a while. I relish the Christmas game a few years back in which the Bills had nothing to play for while the Bungles needed the win to make the playoffs. The Bills whooped them.

Here's an article about it;

When Johnson and Houshmandzadeh did get their hands on the ball, they paid a painful price. No one felt the Bills' defensive wrath more than Johnson, who was carried off the field on a stretcher late in the fourth quarter after being hit by strong safety Donte Whitner. It was a clean hit and; Whitner warned Johnson beforehand that it was coming.

"[Earlier in the quarter] we were in a coverage and I took a bad angle. I should have had a shot on him," Whitner said. "That's the ball that he dropped. I said to him, 'Hey, you better watch out.' And he said, 'Well, bring it.' He came across the middle again, we were in a Cover-2, he tried to hit me with a double move and that's pretty much all I remember. It goes so fast it was like, 'Here he is. Hit him. Bam! Play's over.' "

Whitner didn't try to hurt Johnson. Whither said he had a job to do and he did it.

"We want to be a physical defense," he said. "We want to show people that if you catch that football you're going to get hit."

Ah Donte Whitner.

Those were the days......

Chad had a serious case of alligator arms during that game leading up to that hit.

Yep. He was in a season-long snit, wanting more money or to be traded. I didn't think that the Whitner hit amounted to much - moreso that a drama queen at the time, decided to milk it. He has a remarkable recovery in the hospital, and was on the plane with the rest of the CIN team for the return flight.

He is notable for absorbing hits and bouncing back. Here's a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4KZnxHFrVk