Preseason indicator???

Last year our overall preseason was bad. Especially our offense. In the main game, Game 3, we sucked so bad! Were humiliated 17-0 vs Pittsb.

I know everyone has their predictions. I cant predict till i see them play some games.

I also know some people think preseason doesnt count. Score doesnt count!!! But performance does!!!

Here is what I think. Despite the outcome, win or lose, if our 1st team performs badly, we will be in trouble. If our 1st team moves the ball forward, SUSTAINS drives. We should be ok.

Here's hoping we do good in preseason and in the regular season.

Last year our overall preseason was bad. Especially our offense. In the main game, Game 3, we sucked so bad! Were humiliated 17-0 vs Pittsb.

I know everyone has their predictions. I cant predict till i see them play some games.

I also know some people think preseason doesnt count. Score doesnt count!!! But performance does!!!

Here is what I think. Despite the outcome, win or lose, if our 1st team performs badly, we will be in trouble. If our 1st team moves the ball forward, SUSTAINS drives. We should be ok.

Count me as means nothing. As bad as the Bills were in preseason last year, firing the OC and left tackle a week before the season, they still should have started 2-0 if not for one boneheaded play by Leodis. Go figure

Game three is usually the best indicator.

Count me as means nothing. As bad as the Bills were in preseason last year, firing the OC and left tackle a week before the season, they still should have started 2-0 if not for one boneheaded play by Leodis. Go figure

i dont know about nothing....

performance does mean something.

it doesnt matter if ya win or lose in preseason but what I hope for is to see a nice long drive or some good plays. Our SB teams sucked in preseason however what ya saw was first team come out and score and than sit for rest of day. Last few years we saw 3 and out and that carried into season

Do you mean a nice long 4 play drive that results in a blocked punt

Oh boy does this bring back memories - some of us (me especially) were running the red flag up the pole last year over the offense being so poor with others debating it did not matter because it was pre-season. If we had a good team - go back to the Marv days - I would agree that preseason is meaningless. However, given the gaps the Bills have I would argue that it will be meaningful.

You know what I don't understand is that people say Bills will suck, but look at the Skins. They have a new coach, new qb, new left OT, and new RT, new defense. Sounds like the Bills. Watch and see if Buffalo who is depending on running the ball more comes ahead of the foreskins at the end of the year how many critics come up with some BS about rebuilding. If everyone looks at it, the skins did and picked what most people say we should have.

1. Shanny for coach

2. First pick a LT (4th) to our 9th

3. Picked a respectable qb

Just watch and see if we have a better record, what will the critics come up with??? Oh it was luck??? Bring it on.............

You know what I don't understand is that people say Bills will suck, but look at the Skins. They have a new coach, new qb, new left OT, and new RT, new defense. Sounds like the Bills. Watch and see if Buffalo who is depending on running the ball more comes ahead of the foreskins at the end of the year how many critics come up with some BS about rebuilding. If everyone looks at it, the skins did and picked what most people say we should have.

1. Shanny for coach

Just watch and see if we have a better record, what will the critics come up with??? Oh it was luck??? Bring it on.............

You know, you are spot on with this assessment. I'm going to have to pay particular attention to washington now this season and see how we compare at the end of the year. I would still love to have mcnabb and their LT, but Gailey just keeps growing on me and I never really cared for shanahan so I think in the long run we ended up with the better coach. It'll be interesting to see how we fare.

As for this first pre-season game, I'm looking for the mistakes to be at a minimum and to see a start of an identity being built. They're gonna need ALL these games to get ready for the season with all the new changes, especially with some of the starters out. Not expecting too much this game, but like first an 10 said, we'll know more game 3.

1. Shanny for coach

now why the hell did you mention how a winning franchise operates!!!!! how dare you?

1. Shanny for coach

We don't have a new qb or new LT. We have the same ones who didn't play very well (or didn't stay healthy) last year. I agree that it will be interesting to see what happens to the Redskins, and I don't see them being very good.

1. Shanny for coach

Head Coach - M. Shanahan > C. Gailey

Offensive Coordinator - K. Shanahan > C. Modkins

Defensive Coordinator - J. Haslett > G. Edwards

Quarterback - McNabb > Edwards + Fitz + Brohm + Brown

Left Tackle - J. Brown > D. Bell + J. Meredith

Right Tackle - T. Williams > C. Green

Offensive Talent - Redskins > Bills

Defensive Talent - Redskins > Bills

I liked this quote from Trent, I completely agree:

“It’s all about not turning the ball over, not making stupid mistakes and converting on the third downs, doing our assignments and understanding our responsibilities,” Edwards said. “I think that’s the thing in the preseason. It’s different when the lights are on and when you’re against live action.

“We need to make sure we’re in stride when the season starts. We need to make sure we’re going on all cylinders. There are teams that don’t play well in the preseason, but we don’t want to be one of those teams.”

Link to the full article:

http://www.fltimes.com/articles/2010/08/12..._medium=twitter