People predicting the Bills record this year

I see all of these predictions being thrown out there and I still am having a hard time understanding why people think the Bills are going to only win like 1 or 2 games... Are you kidding me?

It seems like the Bills win 6-7 games every year and I don't see why that would be any different this year. When the hell was the last time the Bills only won 1 or 2 games?

I say 6-10 yet again. The defense is too good to not to be competitive.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see all of these predictions being thrown out there and I still am having a hard time understanding why people think the Bills are going to only win like 1 or 2 games... Are you kidding me?

It seems like the Bills win 6-7 games every year and I don't see why that would be any different this year. When the hell was the last time the Bills only won 1 or 2 games?

If the Bills can win 6-7 games under numbnut Jauron, then they should be able to win 8-9 under Gailey. This team already looks ten times better. Barring a rash of injuries, I predict 9-7.

PTR

If the Bills can win 6-7 games under numbnut Jauron, then they should be able to win 8-9 under Gailey. This team already looks ten times better. Barring a rash of injuries, I predict 9-7.

PTR

I see a similiar result as well, saying were going to be worse with this much coaching organization is just wrong. It's like night and day from previous camps, even admitted by the players.

This year's schedule is WAY harder. Win-able games in bold:

@Vikes, Packers, Ravens, Cincy, Chiefs, Jets, Fins, Pats

Home vs: Steelers, Jags, Bears, Lions, Browns, Jets, Fins, Pats

Win 6 of the 10 win-able games (not like we're favored of course), + 2 (more) upsets = 8-8

I know all games are win-able, I just sayin...it's a brutal road year this year. I love how the Jets and Pats get to play the Vikings and Packers at home and we don't.

Weeks 5-11 will be HUGE for the Bills:

Jags, bye, @ Balt, @ KC, Bears, Lions, @ Cincy -- we need to win 5 of those 6. if we want to make playoffs.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...ason+prediction

I'm still standing by my 11-5 prediction. Here's what I predicted in April, but with added comments:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W (could go either way, but I think the Bills will be fired up after the "They still have team up there" comment by an anonymous Pittsburgh player)

BUF @ MIN L (If Favre doesn't play, I'd say Bills win. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Sage Rosenfels is a decent backup, but nothing more).

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

All of the mediocre teams (Jax, Det, Chi, KC) are penciling us in as a win too. I don't see more wins than last year; they installed a new defense and the other reams in the division actually made strides to get better players.

All of the mediocre teams (Jax, Det, Chi, KC) are penciling us in as a win too. I don't see more wins than last year; they installed a new defense and the other reams in the division actually made strides to get better players.

Almost every team in the offseason looks better on paper, too bad the game is played on grass.

I expect laughter, and I am ok with that, but...

I think a 6-2 start is totally in play. I also think with that 6-2 start, the final record can also be 8-8 (or even a game or two lower.) People will lose thier s%!t over that kind of a finish. I hope that does not happen.

The coaching looks good at this point, and I would not like to see people calling for Gailey's head at the end of the year, he looks like a keeper.

This prediction is based on the schedule.

I find it hard to believe that the Bills will have a good season this year. New defense, average QB and a very young OL. What i do like is our RB's, I think Spiller will be the next great running back in this league.

Go Bills

I wish it weren't the case, because we're moving dangerously close to the Hank Bullough years... 4-12.

This year's depression barometer: the outcome of Week 10.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;hl=doom+gloom

Back to the doom & gloom... :unsure:

If by some chance, the Bills fail to finish at least 8-8, then I will eat some crow. But if they finish 8-8 or higher, then I intentionally plan on rubbing it in to all the doom and gloomers that think the Bills are going to suck this year.

I find it hard to believe that the Bills will have a good season this year. New defense, average QB and a very young OL. What i do like is our RB's, I think Spiller will be the next great running back in this league.

Go Bills

As much as I wish it otherwise, I'm agreeing with you. I think that the bills defense will do a lot better than predicted, especially with our secondary, which should allow our pass rushers more time to get to the quarterback. However, the offense still isn't where it needs to be. It will be good enough to keep us in games, but I don't think it's enough to put us into the playoffs this year. However, if some of the young guys on offense step up and play, proving they deserve to be starters or simply just get better from last year, we will definitely give some very good teams a run for their money. Don't forget, TE is still a young QB, and with a proper coach, he could still develop nicely (hopefully). I see the Bills being in the playoff hunt until the end of the year, but ultimately I think too much is based on hopes and prayers, and the schedule this year is much harder. I don't see the Bills doing worse than last year (6-10), but I don't think they have enough to get into the playoffs yet.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...ason+prediction

I'm still standing by my 11-5 prediction. Here's what I predicted in April, but with added comments:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W (could go either way, but I think the Bills will be fired up after the "They still have team up there" comment by an anonymous Pittsburgh player)

BUF @ MIN L (If Favre doesn't play, I'd say Bills win. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Sage Rosenfels is a decent backup, but nothing more).

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

as much as i love the bills, 11-5 is certainly pushing it

I wish it weren't the case, because we're moving dangerously close to the Hank Bullough years... 4-12.

This year's depression barometer: the outcome of Week 10.

You should try sobering up. You'll feel better and make more sense.

PTR

as much as i love the bills, 11-5 is certainly pushing it

Why? If the Dolphins can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year, then why can't the Bills jump from 6-10 to 11-5?

With the Bills going 7-9 three years in a row and 6-10 with Dick Jauron & Co, the Bills have nowhere to go but up. Here are 5 reasons why the Bills will be better in 2010 than the previous 4 years:

1. One of the worst coaching staffs in Bills history is no longer in charge. Jauron didn't play to win, he played not to lose. We all remember his famous quote: "It's hard to win in the NFL". Everytime the Bills won the toss, he deferred to the 2nd quarter. How many times did we see Jauron challenge the wrong call and not challenge the call that could have been overturned? How many games every season over the last 4 years were lost due to bad coaching decisions...at least 10 (my count is 14). Plus, Jauron didn't always play the better player. It took injuries to get Fred Jackson, Jabari Greer & Jairus Byrd into the starting line-up, when it was clear in training camp & the preseason that these guys were better than the vets that Jauron wanted to play.

2. The new 3-4 defense. Gone is the horrible, bend-don't-break Tampa 2 defense. Our DE's ranged from the 240's to the 260's last season, this year they range from 285 to 310. Plus, we have a 320 NT in the middle. Another change, no more tweener safeties as LB. Our LB's went from the 220's to 250 (Mitchell) to an average of 240-260's. What does bigger players on defense mean...more tackles. Last year, our run defense ranked #30 giving up 156.3 yards per game. The Bills let 4 teams rush for over 200 yards against them, including a 300 game vs the Jets. The run defense will be much improved to go along with the #2 ranked pass defense.

3. Injuries. Nix & Gailey hired 2 strength & conditioning coordinators, one for the linemen, the other for WR's & DB's. In the first OTA, Bills players came in and saw all 12 TV's were gone and the players were expected to come in and work. With the players being more physically prepared to start the season, there will be less injuries on the team.

4. Hiring an offensive minded coach (Gailey) that has experience. Now a lot of fans don't like the choice, because Gailey was canned before the start of the season in KC, but realisticly, look at the talent level on KC. The previous Bills OC's (Fairchild, Schonert & Van Pelt) didn't have much experience or any experience at all as an OC. Plus, Jauron wanted a dulled down, pop-warner type offense. Gailey plans to tailor his offense to the strengths of his players. Gailey also plans to put bigger WR's on the outside, to outleap and outmuscle DB's. Jauron & co had 5'10" Evans & 5'9" Parrish constantly lined up on the outside, which is part of the reason why both were WR's were ineffective. Both Parrish & Evans would work better in the slot or the inside.

5. C.J. Spiller. Spiller can be used in so many ways: Kick Return, Punt Return, RB, WR. If the O-line struggles again, Spiller can be a good relief valve to whoever the QB is by throwing a screen or dump off pass.

PTR

Than last year's training camp?

No matter what happened under Jauron, the Bills don't get "spotted" those 6-7 wins and simply add to them because CG is coach. Anything can happen.

I say 8-8.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;hl=doom+gloom

Back to the doom & gloom... :unsure:

If by some chance, the Bills fail to finish at least 8-8, then I will eat some crow. But if they finish 8-8 or higher, then I intentionally plan on rubbing it in to all the doom and gloomers that think the Bills are going to suck this year.

I hope you're right and will accept it gladly. I suppose the one thing I didn't consider is the unpredictable handful of teams that totally stink up the joint, underperforming expectations. That's probably good for a couple more wins.