Did Russ Brandon admit that the Bills may move to Toronto?

I think you can count on the Bills winding up in Ontario, whether its downtown Toronto or at a new stadium elsewhere like Hamilton. I think this whole Toronto series is the prelude. For all we know the $78M was Rogers down payment to Ralph for th Bills.

That said, I also think the NFL will insist that some games are still played in Orchard Park. The league doesn't want another franchise move black eye so they will call it "regionalization." A new Canadian owner will assume the team after Ralph passes. They will split the schedule between the two stadiums, then play more in Toronto. At some point they will build a new stadium and claim RWS is obsolete. By then we'll see the Bills for one annual pre-season game.

Now Bills fans can pout about it or they can just accept that's how it's going to be. The team will only be 90 minutes away max. Anyone who still wants to buy (much more expensive) season tickets and get a passport or enhanced drivers license will still be able to watch the Bills live. For everyone else the games will still be on TV. IMO, after the initial shock, people will just accept it and still follow the Bills, especially if they get good again.

PTR

wow, I just lost respect for you

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, I just lost respect for you

Areed. I see no reason to take pride in a franchise that literally turns it's back on the city in which it represents when it heads to greener pastures, and I'm so tired of all the BULL about how a team can't compete on the field due to the small WNY market. Someone remind me again how well that cheese-head team is doing? The current setup in which 'ol ralphie-poo has going makes him one of the more profitable franchises in the NFL.

Now, when the team does raise up the double super finger to the faces of 3 generations of "Loyal to the End" fans, that team, it's new A-Hole owner, and everything that goes with it can go !@#$ a goat. I don't care if they build a staduim in Hamilton, if they don't represent Buffalo, and play here, then they will be dead to me. completely dead.

I liken it to quitting or getting fired from a job, just because you live close to the building you worked in, or move 3000 miles from it, when it's over you don't give a f---k what happens there anymore.

I'm not a Blue Jays fan, not a Cleveland Cavs fan, or an Indians fan, because I could care less about teams that play in other cities. To me it's about the pride i have for the city i was born in, and the Bills were part of that, and when they're gone, I'll still have pride in my city. I hope nobody who feels this way follow this team when it's gone.

I truly hope the franchise follow in the Clipper's footsteps when it's gone, and becomes the laughing-stock of all of pro sports, failing on every level, both on the field, profitability, and merchandise. to buy a jersey with their new emblem anywhere in the US would be like wearing an "I love high taxes" t-shirt.

Ask someone in Cleveland how they feel about the Ravens winning the Superbowl... yeah, exactly.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand how Ralph is Damning this team by not allowing someone who wants it to stay here buy the team before he's dead, that my friends is greed beyond compare.

Just giving my opinion. Trying to be realistic. Doesn't make me right.

PTR

Just giving my opinion. Trying to be realistic. Doesn't make me right.

PTR

I don't always agree with you but your views are well presented and very reasonable. Just discussing this topic makes a lot of people very anxious. So I think you understand why you or anyone else can get some strong reaction when presenting an opinion on this emotional issue. :worthy:

Agreed. Why else say "it’s an issue both will worry about when and if it becomes reality" if it's about the current arrangement?

It's poorly written in that Brandon is not quoted in the story. The sentence: "But it’s an issue both will worry about when and if it becomes reality" is misleading as it is made to sound as though Brandon is saying it. But if that were the case it would be quoted. Therefore Terry Koshan is the one making the statement that it is something both would have to worry about when and if it becomes a reality. And his opinion is pretty much worthless in my book.

I think you can count on the Bills winding up in Ontario, whether its downtown Toronto or at a new stadium elsewhere like Hamilton. I think this whole Toronto series is the prelude. For all we know the $78M was Rogers down payment to Ralph for th Bills.

That said, I also think the NFL will insist that some games are still played in Orchard Park. The league doesn't want another franchise move black eye so they will call it "regionalization." A new Canadian owner will assume the team after Ralph passes. They will split the schedule between the two stadiums, then play more in Toronto. At some point they will build a new stadium and claim RWS is obsolete. By then we'll see the Bills for one annual pre-season game.

Now Bills fans can pout about it or they can just accept that's how it's going to be. The team will only be 90 minutes away max. Anyone who still wants to buy (much more expensive) season tickets and get a passport or enhanced drivers license will still be able to watch the Bills live. For everyone else the games will still be on TV. IMO, after the initial shock, people will just accept it and still follow the Bills, especially if they get good again.

PTR

Very well put and I agree. Unfortunately for the Rochester people like me, that 90 minute drive turns into closer to 3 hours each way. But I suppose they figure the people from Rochester and beyond that do not go to the games get replaced by Torontonians and it evens out.

The Bills are not moving to T.O. Ontario doesn't want them. But !!!! right now as we speak two , thats right, two NFL style stadiums are being built in California one in L.A. and one in Anahiem, I believe. The Bills are headed west. I feel that is why Ralph isn't spending any money on this team...high payroll makes low profits. High profits make a team more sellable. The minute Ralph hits room temp they are gone. I also believe that a pre-mortum deal has already been struck with promises of great things on the other side to those who tow the line. OUT! :unsure: