Convince me

major

I keep wondering if this is the last year of Bills football. Our owner could go at any minute, there will be a lockout in 2011, the lease situation regarding our stadium is still hazy, etc...

Please convince me that this isn't the last year of Bills football.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep wondering if this is the last year of Bills football. Our owner could go at any minute, there will be a lockout in 2011, the lease situation regarding our stadium is still hazy, etc...

:devil:

But honestly, we will know the Bills future as soon as they announce the new CBA. If it is small market friendly another owner can make it work here, if they cut some of the revenue sharing it wont work.

Likely a good point. Knowing people like JJ are involved, I'm not expecting much.

Unless Ralph Wilson leaves the team to Erie County.. You might be right, the Bills could be gone!

i just hope our bills will stay. have yet to make the trip. only live game i saw was SB 27. still paying for that trip ^^

but then again. going for markets doesnt always goes well. jax dont do sh..

we sell out almost every game.

should count 4 some...

Well, if you die this year, then it is.

Forbes recently did a list of the Top 50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises in the world. Now keep in mind that all 32 NFL teams did make the list...The Buffalo Bills ranked in at #33 in the World. Value at $909 Million with revenue at $222 Million.

These numbers alone don't say much, but 6 other NFL teams are worth less than Buffalo. Buffalo is also listed ahead of a few high profile sports franchises like the Boston Red Sox (35), New York Mets (38), A.C. Milan (43), L.A. Dodgers (45), and L.A. Lakers (48).

Any businessman interested in buying the Buffalo Bills would have to look at these numbers and realize that Buffalo already has a well established following, causing them to make more money than 6 other NFL teams, and high profile teams from other sports, and understand the risk of moving a team that makes good money. They are higher on the list than two L.A. sports teams (which by the way was one of the rumored places for relocation).

I understand that the NFL is on a whole different level than the NBA or MLB...but you look at a team like the Red Sox, their waiting list for season tickets is unreal. Yet we are two slots higher than they are.

Well, The Bills are in Buffalo and have been since 1960. There are currently no plans to move the teams, no offers that we know of, etc.

So, I think you'd need to construct a very persuasive argument to convince me this IS the Bills last year here. I'm thinking you have nothing but a bunch of conjecture, circumstance and hunches none of which amount to squat.

A number of things need to happen for the Bills to leave. I'm guessing it is unlikely that perfect storm develops since I see no evidence of it.

Forbes recently did a list of the Top 50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises in the world. Now keep in mind that all 32 NFL teams did make the list...The Buffalo Bills ranked in at #33 in the World. Value at $909 Million with revenue at $222 Million.

These numbers alone don't say much, but 6 other NFL teams are worth less than Buffalo. Buffalo is also listed ahead of a few high profile sports franchises like the Boston Red Sox (35), New York Mets (38), A.C. Milan (43), L.A. Dodgers (45), and L.A. Lakers (48).

Any businessman interested in buying the Buffalo Bills would have to look at these numbers and realize that Buffalo already has a well established following, causing them to make more money than 6 other NFL teams, and high profile teams from other sports, and understand the risk of moving a team that makes good money. They are higher on the list than two L.A. sports teams (which by the way was one of the rumored places for relocation).

I understand that the NFL is on a whole different level than the NBA or MLB...but you look at a team like the Red Sox, their waiting list for season tickets is unreal. Yet we are two slots higher than they are.

If I step out of my Bills fan shoes and step into my unbiased business shoes...when I look at these numbers I would have a hard time trying to justify moving the team.

Great points. I think I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

1) If Ralph Wilson is alive and functioning coherently if they play next year, or if they re-start in 2012, this will not be the last year of Buffalo Bills football.

2) If Ralph goes into a coma, goes senile or dies during or after this season or before the next one starts up again in 2011 or 2012, and an ownership group with local ties rises up to out-bid other groups to keep the team here, this will not be the last year of Buffalo (or Niagara??) Bills football.

3) If Ralph goes into a coma, goes senile or dies during or after this season or before the next one starts up again in 2011 or 2012, and an ownership group from out of town buys them and moves the franchise to another city (and/or country, if Toronto wins), but keeps the name Bills, this will not be the last season of Bills football.

That's all I got. :devil:

A young owner can go at any minute. Ralph is physically fit for a 90 year old. As far as whether this team will stay or go, I hate arguing it, cause the fact is that when Ralph decides to sell, or if his family decides to sell once its willed away, the Bills aren't going anywhere.