Should we hope the bills lose games, like Jerry Sullivan said?

Hossage

I dug up an old buffalo news from when we beat KC to go to the superbowl- we had adult writers, like Larry Felser, Milt Joffe and Milt Northrop, who wrote for adult readers.

Sullivan writes for angry children....

sadly, they're not in short supply...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dug up an old buffalo news from when we beat KC to go to the superbowl- we had adult writers, like Larry Felser, Milt Joffe and Milt Northrop, who wrote for adult readers.

Sullivan writes for angry children....

Felser advocated the firing of Marv after either the loss to the Redskins or the first Cowboys SB loss (I can't recall which, but he did do it).

im on NO side buy MY side. WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT.

having said that, JW, on THIS thread hossage has been telling you to back off and you keep pushing the subject...

its like you're asking for a fight. from the outside looking in, it looks like that.

It doesn't look like that to me. It looks like a guy trying to tell someone to get off a thread, when nobody has the right to do that, while at the same time calling him a troll when he's clearly not.

That's not the way to get someone to back off. He's faking civility while still tossing insults.

in this kind of set up where my friend might need to register....bla bla. i would probably do the same like jw, but wouldnt push the subject as much.

however, if it was really really a big deal, i would prefer to let my friend know.

i would assume like you say, my friend might not care as much.

John is a member here. Jerry is not. John heard people insulting a friend in the space he visits regularly, presumably for fun. I would do just what John did, though I wouldn't have done it as well.

Seems kind of nutty to play for a low draft pick. Despite the Spiller pick (which although wrong in my opinion, was a very gutsy and imaginative pick) Nix seems pretty good at the draft biz, and I wouldn't be too worried about him finding what he needs with a top 20 pick. I think its a little optimistic (but not TOO optimistic) to see us draft in the 25 to 32 range. I'm old fashioned but I believe you build a winning team by actually learning to win football games...and not NEXT year. I want to see the bills going all out to win on the last day of the regular season whether they have 11 wins or 3 wins. That's the way you build a winning tradition.

I am with you. You cannot lose on purpose in hopes of drafting the next Johnny Unitas. This team needs to learn how to win. Actually, they need to learn to hate losing.

John is a member here. Jerry is not. John heard people insulting a friend in the space he visits regularly, presumably for fun. I would do just what John did, though I wouldn't have done it as well.

how can you be sure of that?

I provided a transcript of the conversation, which shows that the conversation did happen as I described it. I am not an insider. I know a couple players personally. I am not Skooby.

Actually, the transcript clearly shows you lied by leaving out part of what Jerry said. Not even the folks who are supporting you here are arguing that.

Good point. It is definitely possible that Jerry is a member here. And George Bush. And Bill Clinton. And Aung San Suu Kyi. And my three year-old niece. And Charles Manson.

But I personally, am going to assume not. For all of them. Until I see their name here.

John, you are trolling and lying under what I assume is your real name. Think of your career. For God's sake stop embarrassing yourself. You have a dozen posts on this subject repeating the same thing, which is not true.

I posted the conversation. I provided exact quotes. Sully said what he said. For you to say otherwise makes you a liar. I have tried to be respectful with you. I am embarrassed for you.

PLEASE STOP TROLLING.

Not quite. You did not post the exact conversation all. You initially left out several key sentences. It was only after jw went out and the details of the exact conversation did you bother to post it.

I don't think Sully should have called you a cretin or banned you. In fact, I don't care much for Sully either. I do think you twisted this thing around to make Sully look bad and now your credibility is in question.

Others may disagree but that is how I read it.

Yup...I agree...I'm rooting for a high draft pick and a potential franchise qb. It's obvious this team isn't anywhere close to being a playoff team and the difference between 7-9 and 5-10 in terms of building a team is negligible. It can't be any worse than what we've had the last ten years. I want this flux between 5-11 and 9-7 to stop.

OK, so we get our all-pro QB in the 2011 draft. Then what? We hope to have ANOTHER losing season so we can draft our all-pro LT in the 2012 draft? Of course, by then, any existing stars the team has now have aged and now need replacing. Where does it stop? What a STUPID, FLAWED mentality to actually want to lose games. Any shred of respect I had for Sully is gone with this notion. Go Bills!

Edit: the ONLY time I'd want a loss would be if we were 4-11 going into game 16 and we had a chance at the top pick with a loss. However, GOING INTO A BRAND NEW SEASON with this mentality is asinine.

I provided a transcript of the conversation, which shows that the conversation did happen as I described it. I am not an insider. I know a couple players personally. I am not Skooby.

I read both the transcript and your original post. Your original post left out two key sentences that were brought to light by jw.

Can you agree with is?

Pride aside, getting a high draft pick generally is more harmful than helpful. You pay out tons of money to a player who has a significant chance of not being worth the money you paid him. Hopefully the next CBA fixes this, but right now getting a high draft pick is generally not worth the money you pay.

Good point. It is definitely possible that Jerry is a member here. And George Bush. And Bill Clinton. And Aung San Suu Kyi. And my three year-old niece. And Charles Manson.

But I personally, am going to assume not. For all of them. Until I see their name here.

yeah, because local media would never sign up under an anonymous screen name, right? In fact, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a member here.

Judging by your passionate defense of all things Sullivan, maybe you are Jerry Sullivan. Are you short and fat?

I read both the transcript and your original post. Your original post left out two key sentences that were brought to light by jw.

Can you agree with us?

I understand you, Bob. I posted this thread because of Sullys comment that losing games is the best thing for the franchise. That is the title of the thread. He says that every year. Combined with his other negative comments about the team and his history, i believe the result is that of a person who is rooting against the team he is charged with covering. That is debatable. What is not was what he said.

Whether or not we can enjoy a bad team is an interesting subject. But it is not why I posted the thread. I just love football, and I can enjoy a bad team. I really like to see players develop.

I honestly do not agree with John Wawrow that I have misunderstood Sullivan. Nor do I appreciate his constant, mindless spamming of his opinion, more than a dozen times now, which I believe he has not come by honestly.

yeah, because local media would never sign up under an anonymous screen name, right? In fact, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a member here.

Judging by your passionate defense of all things Sullivan, maybe you are Jerry Sullivan. Are you short and fat?

They certainly share a similar outlook.

Judging by Sullivan's articles and the arguments he makes, therin; I'd almost guarantee he's on this board. Maybe he's just an anonymous guest and doesn't post. But, all too often, I've read his articles and thought... wait did I click over to TSW by mistake.

If had to warrant a guess... I'd say Sullivan is Hossage (is big green weenie is hogboy). And this is all some twisted game he's playing. He and JW had a few (sorry, JW, many) drinks and decided to toy with the mice. Oh, it's such a sick and twisted world in which they live.

Dan, I have to agree with your analysis above. It makes sense.

No wonder everyone has been calling me hogboy. I thought it was because they thought hosses were pigs? I guess there was a poster here named hogboy.

I am certainly neither of them. There is only one Hossage. I am actually a little bit miffed to be compared to Sullivan, but I will take your insight just the same.

Judging by Sullivan's articles and the arguments he makes, therin; I'd almost guarantee he's on this board. Maybe he's just an anonymous guest and doesn't post. But, all too often, I've read his articles and thought... wait did I click over to TSW by mistake.

Completely agree, although I now try to avoid his columns when possible.