49.6% of all people are lying to themselves

stevestojan

He is crazy ... if I had a chance to give my kids (and wife) the life that others dream about there would be no time limit as to how fast I would pump that sh-- in my body.

144979[/snapback]

I would hope the life my family dreams about includes a healthy ME in it.

Stuff does not mean sh-- to a tree.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is crazy ... if I had a chance to give my kids (and wife) the life that others dream about there would be no time limit as to how fast I would pump that sh-- in my body.

144979[/snapback]

i wonder if your wife and kids would agree, knowing that you'd possibly be drastically shortening the time you're alive to enjoy that dream life with them.

I would hope the life my family dreams about includes a healthy ME in it.

Stuff does not mean sh-- to a tree.

145037[/snapback]

Steroids dont kill you dumbass - pick up a literary journal - pro atheletes have trainers - they know what there doing. It is only lethal when your being stupid with them.

Like most polls, a simple Yes/No answer is insufficient.

1st, how many millions are relative to what? Say $20m over a few years and being an elite world class athlete versus the alternative of $20k/yr & absolutely no athletic ability?

In that case, I'd vote yes.

Under the more likely scenario :

As above w/ steriods vs. maybe a $3m and being a '2nd tier' world class athlete? For me, no, but I suspect this is where people who greatly value athletic prowess & success

are in a position to swing & vote yes.

For me in my position, the extra 2" of vertical jump to improve my volleyball game, or the extra 10 yards off the tee in golf, that steriods might garner certainly isn't worth it.

Like most value questions, this debate/question is far more complex than can be adequately analyzed by a simple Yes/No response.

And Boomer, and Ripken, and Flutie and Moon and Elway and Marino. Interesting that they're in the same era.

145042[/snapback]

I've wondered about that myself. The difference statistically between them as football players vs as a part of society must be astronomical.

Too much playing without a cup?

A poll on ESPN.com asked:

"Would you take steroids if it helped you earn millions of dollars as a pro athlete?

50.3% say yes

49.6% say no 

(apparenly .1% are BF_In_Indiana, and found the question unfair to Ron Artest, but I digress).

144950[/snapback]

I don't think they are lying to themselves Steve. Some people want to accomplish things knowing that it was them that accomplished it and not a testosterone boost. I was a pretty talented football player a few years back, probably more talented in the gym then anything else. Steroids were around then just like they are now, did I think about it? Yes I did. But I also had enough common sense to realize how destructive they could be.

If I knew then that steroids could have propelled me into the professional arena I still would have passed. What was so rewarding to myself at the time was making the weight lifting gains on my own. I killed myself, worked harder then everybody else, and basically turned myself into a nutritional encyclopedia. Sure my natural ability's would have peeked out sooner or later but thats normal.

I was not destined to be a professional athlete and thats fine, only a few of the most gifted athletes in this world can make that claim. But had I taken steroids what I accomplished then would have always been tainted in my eyes. Since I did not take steroids I can always look back at that time and be proud of what I did.

I'm sure many clean athletes have a similar view as mine. The ones who doped up will have to live with the fact that no matter how hard they worked they cheated to get their. Sure they can ease that guilt as they finger threw their millions, but pride and character are one of the few things money can't buy.

i wonder if your wife and kids would agree, knowing that you'd possibly be drastically shortening the time you're alive to enjoy that dream life with them.

145051[/snapback]

Where do you get shortened life span from ... I have been to doctors galor that have said Steroids arent good for you, but there not lethal.

Tell that to a homeless person.

145047[/snapback]

Sounds like a pretty good way to get some company softball team ringers. Round up a couple of vagrants, clean'em up, feed them, get them on the juice...the league trophy is yours. They probably come pretty cheap too, cause you could pay them with cigarettes and 40oz bottles of malt liquor. At the end of the season, show them the door.

Steroids dont kill you dumbass - pick up a literary journal - pro atheletes have trainers - they know what there doing. It is only lethal when your being stupid with them.

145054[/snapback]

Thank you for enlightening me and calling me names at the same time.

'Tis the season, I guess!

I would never take steroids.  I dont care about money and I beleive in ethics and principle.  Not everyone is a whore for money

144960[/snapback]

Then what are you a whore for? :w00t:

I'd rather lose than cheat.  And that's coming from an all-time loser who has managed to get by somehow, with a rather unspectacular penis no less.

And I'm not lying to anybody, myself included.

145072[/snapback]

I agree with Gringo, though I've been told I DO have a spectacular penis. :w00t:

Seriously, to me, steroids is cheating. I won't even nudge my golf ball with my toe to give it a better lie. I sure as hell won't pump myself up for any price. Regardless of the task at hand, I can either do it or I can't, and if I can't do it on my own, I wouldn't want it any other way.

It's like the guy in the other golf cart in your foursome who is up and down the fairway, and is sitting on a snowman before he's even started putting...and when you finish out the hole and get in your carts and call out the scores, he yells "Gimme a double bogey." Then gets happy at the end because he broke 100.

Cheating in sports has never, ever made sense to me.

Cheating on women is a different story, but what do you expect when you have a spectacular penis?

I agree with Gringo, though I've been told I DO have a spectacular penis. :w00t:

145139[/snapback]

Well, when it's Fabio telling you that, you have to take it with a grain of salt. After all, you know what effect steroids have on...nevermind. :w00t: