Cool photos from 1939-43 America

HopsGuy

thats awesome!

especially because i tend to picture life in the past exactly how the popular pictures portray it.

i always imagine life in the 20s-40s to have actually been in black & white. life in the 50s-70s to have been grainy with a yellowish tint to it. it's weird to see these pics and be reminded that it was really no different from today's reality. Ha!

thats awesome!

especially because i tend to picture life in the past exactly how the popular pictures portray it.

i always imagine life in the 20s-40s to have actually been in black & white. life in the 50s-70s to have been grainy with a yellowish tint to it. it's weird to see these pics and be reminded that it was really no different from today's reality. Ha!

BINGO! Exacta-mundo!

Also, my 1976 First Holy Communion picture immortalized in oil (me in a green leisure suit... :D )

Anyway.. Is that Cincy I see in pic #4! :D

BINGO! Exacta-mundo!

Also, my 1976 First Holy Communion picture immortalized in oil (me in a green leisure suit... :wallbash: )

Anyway.. Is that Cincy I see in pic #4! 0:)

It actually took 4 hours for a Cincy allusion...very disappointing. :D

Anyway...terrific photos of simpler times. :D

so im not the only one? phew, i thought i was just weird.

(still think im weird, but maybe everyone else is too)

I went to Philmont back it 1984 and 1986 with the scouts... Just looking at the pictures I always thought were "great"... I shot them with a Kodak disc camera... :D:wallbash::D

Wow... Outside of the superior optics of the day and the adjustable 35mm cameras of the day we were really "photo handicapped."

Very cool, but :lol:

Backstage at the "girlie" show at the state fair. Rutland, Vermont, September 1941. Reproduction from color slide. Photo by Jack Delano. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress

:D That was a bit of a shocker to me, too lmao