Clapping at Camp

WordByrd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 no matter what, if one player on your team does something well, it's exposing another player.:doh:

Umm, it's training camp and they are pros for Gods sake. This reminds me of my neice who repeatedly had chances to steal the basketball from opposing players but told me she didn't want to make them look bad. I gave her buck a steal and that solved that! TC is about exposing the best and worst of the players so they can improve or move on. Go ahead and cheer and clap all you want.

Should we boo when they have a good play?

Follow up question WordByrd, because I'm confused. Should we clap when there is a bad play?

its not our fault some guys have names just begging for crass and puerile punch lines. i mean somebody has to say it right? might as well see how far and how good it can be taken. you start with the classics and work your way into an art form

i was all excited when tyler ennis came into prominence but you know that one is a lot tougher than it first appears. wang is just loaded with one liners, but try finding something to match with ennis that makes it obvious and isnt confused with dennis or tennis, i mean its rough out there

Actually, the leisure class typically pronounces peenis as pennis. Also, the word urine is typically pronounced you-rine. I picked this up during my years as a yacht pilot in the French Riviera. Glad I could be of help.

The more I think about the original post, the more I start to agree with it.

One alternative to all-out clapping could be a discrete "golfer's clap" or if we think that's still too much, perhaps a simple "murmur of approval."

I hope that none of you are stupid enough to clap when there's a good play at camp. This has been one of my pet peeves. #1 no matter what, if one player on your team does something well, it's exposing another player. #2 when they break a long run, chances are the RB would have been crushed 3 yards past the LOS. Sorry for the rant :D

Here ya' go.

Wait...so if every good play means someone else blew an assignment, should we be booing that player instead?

Or maybe just start clapping and booing at the same time?

Or should we just sit and watch quietly, then hold a civil discussion over tea and biscuits after practice?

It's football. You cheer when someone makes an impressive play. If you don't like it, stay out of camp and leave room for the fans who are actually excited to watch their team play.

1) One player doing something well does not always mean another player was exposed...sometimes there are just good plays, just like in a game

2) People should do whatever the hell they want, including applause. Geeze, lighten up.

Bingo! Some people simply don't get that.

Oh, oh, oh, since we're telling everyone what they can and can not do at camp, I got one! Quiting yelling out players names while they are practicing. If they had to stop and acknowledge everyone that screams their name, they won't have time to practice and will be distracted, instead of working. After practice is over and they are running to the showers, then you can yell their name, but not before.

I hope that none of you are stupid enough to clap when there's a good play at camp. This has been one of my pet peeves. #1 no matter what, if one player on your team does something well, it's exposing another player. #2 when they break a long run, chances are the RB would have been crushed 3 yards past the LOS. Sorry for the rant :D

Wow. Your right this is a serious issue here. :D:wallbash:

Follow up question WordByrd, because I'm confused. Should we clap when there is a bad play?

Actually, the leisure class typically pronounces peenis as pennis. Also, the word urine is typically pronounced you-rine. I picked this up during my years as a yacht pilot in the French Riviera. Glad I could be of help.

One alternative to all-out clapping could be a discrete "golfer's clap" or if we think that's still too much, perhaps a simple "murmur of approval."

Whoa whoa whoa....first of all I live in Connecticut so I know stuff...the "leisure class" never would use that label...they prefer the term "moneyed", secondly they never would say anything about "penis" and they prefer the word "tinkle", you-rine sounds like something a red necked fellow would say. However, I whole heartedly agree with the discrete clap, murmor of approval or just a simple head nod is more than sufficient.

The best way not to hear people clapping at training camp is not to go and then you don't have to worry about all the so called stupid Bills fans annoying you. :D

Whoa whoa whoa....first of all I live in Connecticut so I know stuff...the "leisure class" never would use that label...they prefer the term "moneyed", secondly they never would say anything about "penis" and they prefer the word "tinkle", you-rine sounds like something a red necked fellow would say. However, I whole heartedly agree with the discrete clap, murmor of approval or just a simple head nod is more than sufficient.

And the Great Ascot has spoken.

You may all now exit the thread.

How about just a Harumph

Link

The thread itself is a bit ridiculous but I guess things are slow.