Sleep Apnea - My Wake Up Call

ajzepp

lol, exactly. I'll take my lawn chair and a coke and just sit there enjoying the last few minutes of Hotlanta sunshine

A coke?

Maybe "some coke" or a "rum and coke". Hell if I know it's the end I may, for the first time in my life, inject something!

I don't expect to hit 70, but if I do, all bets are off. If I have the cash, it's drug city!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow dude...good to hear you found out about this. Remember that Reggie White died from sleep apnea, among other things.

This was my story about the sleep study I had done last year. Thankfully, I only have to wear a mouthpiece, because my sleep apnea is classified as mild to moderate.

P.S. I too wish to hear more Lana stories. :lol:

Wow dude...good to hear you found out about this. Remember that Reggie White died from sleep apnea, among other things.

This was my story about the sleep study I had done last year. Thankfully, I only have to wear a mouthpiece, because my sleep apnea is classified as mild to moderate.

P.S. I too wish to hear more Lana stories. :D

Wow, I totally forgot about Reggie White....and he was just in his 40s, wasn't he?

Thanks for the link to your thread....somehow I missed that one, I guess. Glad yours ended up not too severe...how the hell did you sleep for five hours with all that **** attached to you? lol

As for Lana, she needs to have a procedure that will GIVE her OAA, otherwise known as "obstructive ass apnea" :lol:

A coke?

Maybe "some coke" or a "rum and coke". Hell if I know it's the end I may, for the first time in my life, inject something!

I don't expect to hit 70, but if I do, all bets are off. If I have the cash, it's drug city!

:lol:

excellent point!

Take care of #1 for a while AJ. :lol:

Amen, my brotha....gotta get my ass back healthy again. I hate being heavy and inactive....Not getting any younger, either!

I want to go back to this....Lana....story (or stories) please.

Lana has issues with nocturnal emissions :lol:

AJ thanks for sharing. I had tonsils remaoved and sinuses cleaned out surgically to help me overcome sleep apnea. It is serious. Take care of yourself.

How did that work out for ya? I heard sinus surgery is a B word, especially they go to remove all the packing and bandages...what was your experience like?

How did that work out for ya? I heard sinus surgery is a B word, especially they go to remove all the packing and bandages...what was your experience like?

In my case it was actually pretty simple. My septum was a little "Z" shaped according to the doc. As a result, I did not breathe well through either side. Now that I can the difference is amazing. Given that I was born with the condition I did not know it was an issue. Having tonsils removed as an adult was far harder. The doc said they were exceptionally large - not exactlythe body part you want to have oversized - lol.

To your point I have heard that if they go into your upper sinuses it can be a hard recovery. I was lucky enough not to have to deal with the situation.

In my case it was actually pretty simple. My septum was a little "Z" shaped according to the doc. As a result, I did not breathe well through either side. Now that I can the difference is amazing. Given that I was born with the condition I did not know it was an issue. Having tonsils removed as an adult was far harder. The doc said they were exceptionally large - not exactlythe body part you want to have oversized - lol.

To your point I have heard that if they go into your upper sinuses it can be a hard recovery. I was lucky enough not to have to deal with the situation.

I thought a bit of surgery might help me as well. I know I have a deviated septum from a broken nose (football) and I too still have tonsils.

The ENT doc said the deviation was extremely slight and didn't need surgery and my tonsils are apparently too small to be seen. It was good news, as I really didn't want surgery, but I was sort of hoping they would find "an answer". My niece also has a lot of respiratory issues, and was sick quite often, and getting her tonsils removed as an adult has changed things quite a bit for her. I guess I am spared the pain, but will continue to have these health issues.

I thought a bit of surgery might help me as well. I know I have a deviated septum from a broken nose (football) and I too still have tonsils.

The ENT doc said the deviation was extremely slight and didn't need surgery and my tonsils are apparently too small to be seen. It was good news, as I really didn't want surgery, but I was sort of hoping they would find "an answer". My niece also has a lot of respiratory issues, and was sick quite often, and getting her tonsils removed as an adult has changed things quite a bit for her. I guess I am spared the pain, but will continue to have these health issues.

It is sad but amazing how many people have difficulty with the right answer. Three other things that I have done are:

There is a good bit of evidence that staying at the correct weight can help. I've tried to do this though right now I could stand to drop 10 or 15.

While I would like to say that I limit alcohol consumption, especially near bedtime, regularly I can't. I will say that I have significantly reduced (see issue above) my intake.

While I have no science to substantiate the claim I swear by a neti pot. I have had fewer sinus issues since I started using it.

Good luck.