Sleep Apnea - My Wake Up Call

ajzepp

I had mine a few months ago and forgot to post my results. I was found to have moderate apnea. I was told I could get a CPAP but the recommendation was that I lose 20 lbs. I've lost around 15 so far and my wife says my snoring is almost non-existant. That and she likes my flatter belly. (I almost typed flat belly but that would have been a lie)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mine a few months ago and forgot to post my results. I was found to have moderate apnea. I was told I could get a CPAP but the recommendation was that I lose 20 lbs. I've lost around 15 so far and my wife says my snoring is almost non-existant. That and she likes my flatter belly. (I almost typed flat belly but that would have been a lie)

lol, well done...your heart will like your flat(ter) belly too :)

Just got my sleep study results back and it's worse than I was expecting! "Extremely severe sleap anpea" Slept 402 minutes and my airway was blocked 556 times(stopped breathing 83 times per hour). Oxygen levels dropped as low as 72%. My AHI was 83. Now I need to wait until 4/1 to get my final overnight study with my CPAP settings. Really can't wait until this is over and I can start getting a decent nights sleep.

Kudos for getting the study done...you may be very surprised to see/feel the differences once you get on the cpap. Just expect that the adjustment will not be easy at first (potentially, anyway)...you'll get used to the equipment. Let us know how you do!