Is CJ's tweet a hint that his contract is done?

Linkage

What’s Spiller hinting at?

Chris Brown

Posted August 4, 2010 – 11:19 pm

Tags: C.J. Spiller

Bills RB C.J. Spiller let everyone on twitter know that (t0day) Thursday is his birthday and the team’s top draft choice may have dropped a hint regarding his current situation.

CJSPILLER Well I wanna give God the glory for lettin me see another b-day yep the kid has turned 23 yrs old today I got feelin it’s going be special.

Here’s hoping it’s special for all the reasons Bills fans want it to be. Happy birthday C.J.

The whole situation is discouraging. I hope it's not the case that Spiller simply doesn't want to be in Buffalo :doh:

It's not. He's been asked many times about coming to Buffalo, and his comments have always been positive. He's not another Wills.

It's not. He's been asked many times about coming to Buffalo, and his comments have always been positive. He's not another Wills.

his parents OTOH, were visibly sad that we took him, they wanted him to go to jax, so he would be close to home, and they could go to every game.

I certainly hope so, sign that contract, then buy yourself an escalade for a birthday present CJ, then get yo ass to camp boy, you got work to do!!!

I hope my boss will give me a raise or a new contract on my Birthday every year.

Hard to fault them for that. Spiller's a good kid regardless.

they also wanted him to transfer out of clemson to a school closer to home (FSU i think), and wanted him to leave school early for the pros to get the $$. They havent always had his best interests in mind

Linkage

What’s Spiller hinting at?

Chris Brown

Posted August 4, 2010 – 11:19 pm

Tags: C.J. Spiller

Bills RB C.J. Spiller let everyone on twitter know that (t0day) Thursday is his birthday and the team’s top draft choice may have dropped a hint regarding his current situation.

CJSPILLER Well I wanna give God the glory for lettin me see another b-day yep the kid has turned 23 yrs old today I got feelin it’s going be special.

Here’s hoping it’s special for all the reasons Bills fans want it to be. Happy birthday C.J.

If this were a hint, it would be the worst hint in the history of hints.

his parents OTOH, were visibly sad that we took him, they wanted him to go to jax, so he would be close to home, and they could go to every game.

I'm sure the parent of every football player wants them to go to a team close to where they leave, preferably with a good track record. Wouldn't you?

The whole situation is discouraging. I hope it's not the case that Spiller simply doesn't want to be in Buffalo :doh:

I'm a big cynic, but I don't think this is the case. Imagine if you were CJ coming to a team with no stars. He'll be the toast of the entire region if he's a stud. He hasn't stepped foot on the field and if he's as advertised he'll be the face of the organization in no time at all.

they also wanted him to transfer out of clemson to a school closer to home (FSU i think), and wanted him to leave school early for the pros to get the $$. They havent always had his best interests in mind

That's a harsh interpretation . . .

So, as a Christian, CJ would temper his feelings and comments to match the context in which he finds himself? Gee, that must make for interesting shifting points of view. God forbid [no pun intended] one should simply be a Christian and speak one's mind in every situation. I hope your comment isn't representative of Christian beliefs.

Unless this is a Chris Brown special hint, there is nothing there to get excited about.

Really. Why would Chris Brown have to speculate on whether a deal has been reached. He would know and simply report it. Why keep it a secret?