A New Season.....A Feeling of Optimism

Speedy G

With a new season, there is always hope, what else do we have? 10 yrs of no playoffs have taught us one thing, never give up! I for one always look forward to this time of year when everyone is 0-0 and now with all the changes that are being made, a renewed sense of optimism, some might say I look thru rose colored or in this case, red, white, and blue colored glasses, but it can turn around quickly, i.e. the 1999/2000 Rams went from worse to 1st, so anything is possible. CHIX seems to be doing and saying what we want to hear, making necessary changes, and the sort, so let's support, and "Circle the Wagons" to finally get where we want to be........I know a lot has to fall into place for this to happen, but if the goal is the playoffs, and no one knows what will happen until the games really count, keep the faith! You might say, be real, but the realtiy is that we need to stay positive and focused, I know, I know, you are losing patience, but good things come to those who wait, and boy have we been waiting, so the " Bills " are definately due...!

Go Bills...!!!

:thumbsup:

absolutely feel the same way!, that is the purpose of being a fan. lets see!

I just wished that more people had the attitude that you and the OP have. They will say that they are

just being realistic, and I realize that we can't just wish our way in to the playoffs, but it just seems

to me that a lot of posters are very negative on the Bills this year, almost unrealistically so, some stating

that we will see no more than three wins this year, I maybe drinking Koolaide, but at least it's not drano,

or some other caustic fluid that a lot of them are imbibing on. I say we get to the play-offs this year, then it will be

fun watching all of the naysayers backpedal.

There is a difference between "hope" and "expectations"

I hope the Bills do freaking great, make the playoffs, go to the Superbowl and win it all. I hope that every year.

I realistically expect the Bills to be a chippy team, with a touch schedule. They'll win the games they should win, and give a couple good teams a fight, but overall will miss the playoffs and finish in the bottom half of records.

I don't think that's at all pessimistic to have such a stance.

Wherever they finish, as long as they are improved over last year and they "stay healthy", then the wins cant be too far away. I think the players go into every season thinking the same, they want to win, and maybe now we have a competent coach (not the walking robot corpse we had last year), and a GM with some cajones, who is not afraid to tell it like it is, things are on the upswing.........

The problem, I find, is that the folks who are most optimistic are also the ones who are the most suicidal when the team doesn't live up to their expectations. 2 years ago when we were at 5-1 some people were honestly talking about the Super Bowl and praising any writer who had them in the top 5 in the power rankings - nevermind the fact that they had beaten absolutely nobody and soon succumbed to better competition.

Call me jaded, but for too many years I've gotten all hyped up at this point in the cycle (training camp) only to see some downright terrible performance on the field. I'm much happier hoping for a win on Sundays and settling for seeing some exciting plays by the Bills than I am seeing them fail to live up to lofty expectations because I see the team through rose colored glasses.

The rollercoaster ride between lofty expectations and soul crushing losses is over for me - been there, done that. If that makes me a pessimist so be it, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I hope the Bills do freaking great, make the playoffs, go to the Superbowl and win it all. I hope that every year.

I realistically expect the Bills to be a chippy team, with a touch schedule. They'll win the games they should win, and give a couple good teams a fight, but overall will miss the playoffs and finish in the bottom half of records.

Agreed, what I was more referrring to, are the posters that say thinks like "we will be lucky to win four games", not quoting

anybody specifically, but I have seen a lot of posts like this. I have no problem with those thinking that it will be a bit of

a struggle this year, but 3-4 wins, come on, that is not being pessimistic, that is being unrealistic.

i guess my feeling is that BUFFALO is in my soul. i desperately want the city to experience a championship. i know you have to crawl before you walk, in the bills case it starts with realistic hope. contrast with what is transpiring at HSBC with the sabres! the bills have bumbled their way into their current state. the sabres on the other hand, exhibit that smug attitude and continually shove it up the fans dupa. they are becoming increasingly hard to root for.

The problem, I find, is that the folks who are most optimistic are also the ones who are the most suicidal when the team doesn't live up to their expectations. 2 years ago when we were at 5-1 some people were honestly talking about the Super Bowl and praising any writer who had them in the top 5 in the power rankings - nevermind the fact that they had beaten absolutely nobody and soon succumbed to better competition.

Call me jaded, but for too many years I've gotten all hyped up at this point in the cycle (training camp) only to see some downright terrible performance on the field. I'm much happier hoping for a win on Sundays and settling for seeing some exciting plays by the Bills than I am seeing them fail to live up to lofty expectations because I see the team through rose colored glasses.

The rollercoaster ride between lofty expectations and soul crushing losses is over for me - been there, done that. If that makes me a pessimist so be it, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan.

well said, I like to consider it cautiously optimistic, had my heart broke one too many times over the last 10 years, so if they kick butt, great!, if not, keep it close and exciting, and maybe someday there will be a breakthrough that we can all hang our hat on, regardless of how it plays out, its our team and we will support them... :thumbsup:

i don't expect the bills to make the playoffs. they might not even have a winning season. but i like the approach they seem to be taking now. when i see steps taken, by competent, experienced management and coaching staff, i start to feel good. i don't even care about losses if we seem to be on the right track.

now i guess that makes me a "naysayer" (neighsayer?) in someone's eyes. but even i'm in support of the coach, gm, team and players, and feel very optimistic about the future.

the thing that awes me however, over and above anything the team does, is the support of the fans. and i mean the REAL fans, not the silly beaching morons we get in here sometimes. real fans know things are never perfect, but still do what they can, which is to show up, and show support, which our bills fans do, without parallel.

may your tailgating be filled with neverending bliss, and may you always be pleasantly surprised with what happens in the stadium. here's to you, REAL FANS:

~AS

It's August and for all we know the schedule got easier if Favre keeps unretired. Still a tough team but now is a little more beatable.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Agreed, what I was more referrring to, are the posters that say thinks like "we will be lucky to win four games", not quoting

anybody specifically, but I have seen a lot of posts like this. I have no problem with those thinking that it will be a bit of

a struggle this year, but 3-4 wins, come on, that is not being pessimistic, that is being unrealistic.

I think that people who post 10 wins and making the playoffs this season are unrealistic.

I guess that's why they play the games and don't leave it up to forum votes :thumbsup:

With a new season, there is always hope, what else do we have? 10 yrs of no playoffs have taught us one thing, never give up! I for one always look forward to this time of year when everyone is 0-0 and now with all the changes that are being made, a renewed sense of optimism, some might say I look thru rose colored or in this case, red, white, and blue colored glasses, but it can turn around quickly, i.e. the 1999/2000 Rams went from worse to 1st, so anything is possible. CHIX seems to be doing and saying what we want to hear, making necessary changes, and the sort, so let's support, and "Circle the Wagons" to finally get where we want to be........I know a lot has to fall into place for this to happen, but if the goal is the playoffs, and no one knows what will happen until the games really count, keep the faith! You might say, be real, but the realtiy is that we need to stay positive and focused, I know, I know, you are losing patience, but good things come to those who wait, and boy have we been waiting, so the " Bills " are definately due...!

Go Bills...!!!

Winners never quit, and quitters never win, but those who never win and don't quit are idiots.

i think one should just take it one game at a time. forget the pundits, enjoy what the team will show this year , there is always a reason to be optimistic , if for no other reason than it has been done before(going from worst to first). if it seems i am desperately trying to grasp on to something , it is true, but who cares, it is football, its the bills, it is fall, just enjoy it!

Winners never quit, and quitters never win, but those who never win and don't quit are idiots.

is that all you got, your one of those negative types aren't you? You're not a real Bills fan! look in the mirror, there's the real idiot!!!

i think one should just take it one game at a time. forget the pundits, enjoy what the team will show this year , there is always a reason to be optimistic , if for no other reason than it has been done before(going from worst to first). if it seems i am desperately trying to grasp on to something , it is true, but who cares, it is football, its the bills, it is fall, just enjoy it!

+1

This isn't Madden. In the NFL games can turn on single plays. If there is anything to be optimistic about its that we may finally have a coach who won't be over his head in games. And that coach may make some better decisions that will turn things our way, and make our players better prepared to take advantage. Remember this is essentially the same team that won 6 games last year and we didn't get worse in 2010.

PTR