!@#$ this

Pete

They dont care about pot, they just want an excuse to justify a huge justice, legal and penal system. Government is just looking out for itself, and pretending to care if people eat pot brownies or not.

Jail will screw up your life worse than drugs will.

you could have used a better description. But this is a terrible injustice as they are trying to make the penalty for mixing pot with "candy" double. The language is broad enough to include pot brownies. This is counterintuitive to the legalization of pot movement that is going on right now.

The Saving Kids From Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009

:lol:

I love the names they come up with for these things. I read something awhile ago that went through how important the names of things like Bills and war operations have become. Pretty ridiculous stuff.

I can just see the outrage from voters when their representative votes down the "Saving Kids From Dangerous Drugs Act".

Is it me, or are the names of our laws and agencies more orwellian than ever?

Even though you're a mouth-breathing idiot, you're right. My favorite is still the " Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act" of 2001. :thumbsup:

tom, it seems that the moderators will no longer allow me to insult you. My response had something to do with animals, your mother, and holes in a wall. You can do the rest.

don't bring Dorothy Mantooth into this conversation. she is a saint.

tom, it seems that the moderators will no longer allow me to insult you.

And yet, they'll let you whine about it with every other post. Ain't life funny?

My response had something to do with animals, your mother, and holes in a wall. You can do the rest.

Why on earth would I ever care?

And just as a reminder...your whole vendetta against me is because you were wrong about a point of Nazi practice? What the !@#$ is wrong with you? :blink:

tom, it seems that the moderators will no longer allow me to insult you. My response had something to do with animals, your mother, and holes in a wall. You can do the rest.

Family is off-limits even in PPP. That is why your post was deleted.

Is it me, or are the names of our laws and agencies more orwellian than ever?

Orwellian... that's how i'll call France those days...

Yesterday in the night news on the third (public) channel:

First one story about some farmers dealing with a drought... it's august so well there's always a place somewhere in France where they have not seen rain for weeks at that time of the year... the orwellian part was the "the climate is changing we 're all doomed, change your way of life" comments with the story!

Next was a presentation of the new ultra modern "we'll catch everybody" speed radars the police had just received. you can't drive 5 miles in France those days without seeing those "automatic cash machines for the state" . French drivers are driving their eyes fixed on their odometers or the side of the road looking for radars! In case you wonder why one of them just rolled on you the next time you cross a parisian street!

Next was a story about how the french over consume salt in their food, with consequences on our health. the message "stop put salt in your food or you gonna die ... soon!!"

it made me want to open a bag of chips and eating it while driving on the fast lane of the nearest highway!!

Orwellian... that's how i'll call France those days...

Yesterday in the night news on the third (public) channel:

First one story about some farmers dealing with a drought... well it's august so well there's always a place somewhere in France where they have not seen rain for weeks at that time of the year... the orwellian part was the "the cimate is changing we 're all doomed, change your way of life" comments with the story!

Next was a presentation of the new ultra modern "we'll catch everybody" speed radars the police had just received. you can't drive 5 miles in France those days without seeing those "automatic cash machines for the state" . French drivers are driving their eyes fixed on their odometers or the side of the road looking for radars! In case you wonder why one of them just rolled on you the next time you cross a parisian street!

Next was a story about how the french over consume salt in their food, with consequences on our health. the message "stop put salt in your food or you gonna die ... soon!!"

it made me want to open a bag of chips and eating it while driving on the fast lane of the nearest highway!!

Just curious-does France have punitive tobacco/alcohol tax's like the US? Collected for our own good of course. The standard excuse is "encouraging people to quit". Behavior modification by taxation? Scary.

Just curious-does France have punitive tobacco/alcohol tax's like the US? Collected for our own good of course. The standard excuse is "encouraging people to quit". Behavior modification by taxation? Scary.

Of course !! Don't you know that the standart way to tackle an issue in France is to create a new tax?!!

At least I live on the spanish border so i'm able to give money to a more tax responsible state for my oil and alcohol needs.

Of course !! Don't you know that the standart way to tackle an issue in France is to create a new tax?!!

At least I live on the spanish border so i'm able to give money to a more tax responsible state for my oil and alcohol needs.

I understand that. When I lived in NY I bought all my tobacco/gasoline on Indian reservations[tax free]

If money was no object to me I would have done the same,just to screw NY out of their"sin tax".Having a beer and a smoke is a "sin"?

Of course NY [as they have for decades} is using the full power of it's legal resources to try to collect tax's on reservations.

Most reservations are poor rural areas and the tax free shops are their only source of jobs/income.

Better they live on welfare then NY get "cheated" on the tax money they so richly deserve.

Even though you're a mouth-breathing idiot, you're right. My favorite is still the " Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act" of 2001. <_<

They choose an acronym and then make the title fit

USA PATRIOT Act