Sabres waive Tim Kennedy - great PR move!

bbb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I almost forgot how ugly that was. Huge moment in the game too. That highlight has is what has been wrong with recent Sabres teams in a nutshell.

I missed that game while I was overseas but wasn't the announcer initially right before back-pedaling? Isn't that interference? Kennedy never touched the puck.

Curious...do they have someone in the system where they're thinking "Kennedy's a luxury, we have X who's ready to step up."?

Ennis would be my guess, plays the left side, had 9 points in 10 games last year. I would have liked them to keep Kennedy, but seriously, if he wasn't from South Buffalo, this would not even be discussed....

NHL 101. <_<

I shouldn't have said what does it mean, because I know exactly what it means.........And, that is just plain stupid. They made the rules for a reason. They don't change them in the playoffs in football or baseball.

Ennis would be my guess, plays the left side, had 9 points in 10 games last year. I would have liked them to keep Kennedy, but seriously, if he wasn't from South Buffalo, this would not even be discussed....

Ennis will be on the NHL roster, no question about it. I think the Buffalo factor does add some extra fuel to the fans' fire, but really, it's much more than that. It's an embarrassment for the front office and shows signs of chaos and mismanagement. It's a total disrespect for the arbitration process, which is generally an uncomfortable hearing in the first place. It sends a poor message to young players approaching arbitration in the future. It sets a precedent for young players not to trust the Sabres either way, in negotiation or arbitration. They may as well request a ridiculously high salary and hope the Sabres back away so they can seek employment elsewhere. And most shockingly, it signals that the Sabres are MUCH more concerned about the bottom line, rather than winning. A professional organization walking away from a promising young player over $200,000 is unthinkable.

Kennedy was a rookie who played hard, was responsible defensively, earned the trust of his head coach, elevated his game in the playoffs, and was comparatively cheap. On a roster full of overpaid underachievers who tend to float paycheck to paycheck, Kennedy was the least of their problems. For an organization that prides themselves on "building from within," Kennedy looked like he was part of the solution for the future, definitely not a problem.

Losing their 3rd line center isn't a big deal. It's the management of the process, and the information that has surfaced as a result of this move, that is disappointing and alarming.

Season ticket invoices in your mailbox now!!! Don't miss a second of the Tim Connolly to Drew Stafford action!!