Contract Status of all 32 first round picks 2010....

papazoid

EDIT: 2009 CONTRACTS:

Pk Player Pos. Team Status Contract

8. Eugene Monroe OT Jacksonville Signed 5 years, $35.4 million ($19.2M guaranteed)

9. B.J. Raji DT Green Bay Signed 5 years, $28.5 million ($18M guaranteed)

10. Michael Crabtree WR San Francisco Signed 6 years, $40 million ($17M guaranteed)

11. Aaron Maybin DE Buffalo Signed 5 years, $25 million ($15M guaranteed)

12. Knowshon Moreno RB Denver Signed 5 years, $23 million ($13M guaranteed)

13. Brian Orakpo DE Washington Signed 5 years, $20 million ($12.1M guaranteed)

14. Malcolm Jenkins CB New Orleans Signed 5 years, up to $19 million ($11M guaranteed)

15. Brian Cushing LB Houston Signed 5 years, $18 million ($10.435M guaranteed)

16. Larry English DE San Diego Signed 5 years, $17.8 million ($9.9M guaranteed)

What I find interesting from the 2009 numbers is that the first RB taken (Moreno) did not get paid a premium as compared to the other picks around him. Some had speculated that Spiller would be asking for more than the slotted amount because he was the first RB taken this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a fan, its dissapointing. we're going to be last or 2nd to last.... sucks.

just stop. I just find your handle, your av, and your shtick all very offensive.

The Bills got screwed by the Browns and Raiders. The Browns are giving Haden money at 7 that is the same average/year as #3 and #4. The Raiders at 8 were actually a tad more reasonable than the Browns suprisingly.

To put the Bradford situation in context:

Sports Illustrated released this list a few weeks ago.

It's a ranking of the top 50 highest paid American athletes. At number 11--now mind you this is AMERICAN ATHLETES, all sports--Matt Stafford. Will Bradford, with just one year of experience crack the top 10 next year? :blink:

as a fan, its dissapointing. we're going to be last or 2nd to last.... sucks.

Not sure why a fan would be that disappointed. Especially for a RB. And who really cares if the Bills are first or last (they are most often neither) to sign their #1 pick? Is there some award that comes with that?

Now, if he isn't signed mid-way through August, then I can understand being a tad concerned.

Now that Suh has agreed to terms I would be surprised if Spiller is not signed by the end of the week.

If he is not signed by that time, then there is a reason to be concerned.

At first blush, one would think that grabbing the upfront cash is the thing. However, the guaranteed cash gets slashed at, to be handed over to the protected class (fed-state-local gov't workers).

My initial posts about these contracts were that one should grab the upfront $. Thinking more, I have little doubt but that guaranteed cash is considered as constructive receipt and that these kids will see half of that disappear via a 1040 ES form. Unless they want all of their assets frozen and get tossed into jail.

Not sure why a fan would be that disappointed. Especially for a RB. And who really cares if the Bills are first or last (they are most often neither) to sign their #1 pick? Is there some award that comes with that?

Now, if he isn't signed mid-way through August, then I can understand being a tad concerned.

+1

Last I checked we were stacked at running back. Im not saying Spiller doesn't need to be in camp, but lets make sure both sides are getting what they want out of this contract.

Gap between 8 and 10 is not big. Just split it and you come up with 34 million and 20 guaranteed. Throw in an extra million on the guaranteed and Bob's your Uncle. Not good enough? See ya'. Go back in the draft next year and see what you get with a rookie cap. Maybe $3 million guaranteed? Shouldn't be so hard unless the Bills are low balling him. Not that they would ever do that. :blink:

Gap between 8 and 10 is not big. Just split it and you come up with 34 million and 20 guaranteed. Throw in an extra million on the guaranteed and Bob's your Uncle. Not good enough? See ya'. Go back in the draft next year and see what you get with a rookie cap. Maybe $3 million guaranteed? Shouldn't be so hard unless the Bills are low balling him. Not that they would ever do that. :blink:

It makes sense to me.

20m guaranteed, I'll take some.

If somebody gave me $21M guaranteed, I'd pull up lame and have the checks forwarded to the Caymen Islands. <_<

That's why character is so important in the evaluation.

That's why character is so important in the evaluation.

As in CIN's #6 overall in '09 - T Andre Smith. Owner Mikie thought he was getting another one of his bargains. Held out 30 days, and broke his foot the 2nd day he practiced.

He's on the active PUP...foot/conditioning. Current weight is 370 lb.

<_<

As in CIN's #6 overall in '09 - T Andre Smith. Owner Mikie thought he was getting another one of his bargains. Held out 30 days, and broke his foot the 2nd day he practiced.

He's on the active PUP...foot/conditioning. Current weight is 370 lb.

<_<

Shouldn't the usual suspects be bashing the Bills for not trading up to get Smith? Why is it they always point to the most successful alternatives as the "guy they should have drafted" and make no mention of the busts* they also touted?

* "busts" is used strictly for illustrative purposes. No player should be labeled a "bust" after one season.

Looking at the $$$, it's simple. Looking at last years contracts, it does get a little more complicated. I said earlier in this thread that I really believe that it isn't about the cash, I would bet that the Bills are trying to squeeze an extra year into the contract so they could stay closer to the cash-to-cap. Spreading out $20-$22 mil over 6 years works alot better for the Bills fiscally than over 5 years.

Last year the Niners and Crabtree squabbled for weeks but in the end, the Niners got what they wanted all along, the 6th year. Almost every player with the exception of a couple, have signed fairly quickly because of the 5 year contract. I might be way off here but this seems to make the most sense.

The money is simple, it's the terms that are the B word of it all!!

there's only 2 left....OKUNG & SPILLER

thats a LARGE gap for spiller...

8. Rolando McClain LB Oakland Signed Five years, $40 million ($23M guaranteed)

9. C.J. Spiller RB Buffalo Unsigned

10. Tyson Alualu DE Jacksonville Agreed Five years, $28 million ($17.5M guaranteed)

LAST YEAR'S:

7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Oakland Signed 5 years, $38.25 million ($23.5M guaranteed)

8. Eugene Monroe OT Jacksonville Signed 5 years, $35.4 million ($19.2M guaranteed)

9. B.J. Raji DT Green Bay Signed 5 years, $28.5 million ($18M guaranteed)

10. Michael Crabtree WR San Francisco Signed 6 years, $40 million ($17M guaranteed)

11. Aaron Maybin DE Buffalo Signed 5 years, $25 million ($15M guaranteed)

12. Knowshon Moreno RB Denver Signed 5 years, $23 million ($13M guaranteed)