Kelly's Memoirs - Your Opinion Please

Link > http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article87364.ece

I have always been of the mindset that people should keep the ups & downs of their marriage to themselves. My wife & I are celebrating 30 yrs this month. We have been faithful to each other, but like all other marriages, it has not been perfect. With that said, we are in love & would get married again tomorrow. No one knows the troubles we've had, & that's the way we intend to keep it. Why do the Kelly's feel the need to put their dirty laundry on display? It troubles me that this guy we enjoyed watching lead our beloved Bills had serious character issues. Am I wrong here? I spose nobody would read their book if it was soley about Krabbe's Disease or spiritual conversion.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link > http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article87364.ece

I have always been of the mindset that people should keep the ups & downs of their marriage to themselves. My wife & I are celebrating 30 yrs this month. We have been faithful to each other, but like all other marriages, it has not been perfect. With that said, we are in love & would get married again tomorrow. No one knows the troubles we've had, & that's the way we intend to keep it. Why do the Kelly's feel the need to put their dirty laundry on display? It troubles me that this guy we enjoyed watching lead our beloved Bills had serious character issues. Am I wrong here? I spose nobody would read their book if it was soley about Krabbe's Disease or spiritual conversion.

I think it's great that they published their lives. I think it will help all around. Including their own relationship.

I haven't read the book. I doubt I will. But if the synopsis in the News is correct, I can't say I'm shocked.

A-hole athlete marries model who steadfastly takes care of their very ill child while he travels the country running away from his tragedy. To me the confusion about where his son was the night he died says a lot. He obviously was very close to his son. But found it hard to deal with the pain.

I often wondered how Jim could afford to be away and involved with so many things while Hunter was ill. I knew then that Jill was doing the monster's share of the work. Sure some of those travels had to with raising awareness and research funds. But certainly not all of it.

But you don't know how folks live their lives - this book will shed some insight.

As for his infidelities, kinda figured...Just goes to show that one's heroes should be people who inspire you day to day. Not overpaid celebrities...

C

From what I read in the link, it looks like the problems in their marriage where a huge part in their conversion to a more spiritual life and a recommitment to the marriage. While I agree that people generally should keep marital problems themselves, where the revelation is for a higher purpose and is honest, I think it serves a good purpose.

Star athlete treats his wife like crap then finds Jesus. YAWN. Substitute dogs or Budha if you want to and it is the same story over and over.

Agree. Because it's Jim Kelly this is a touching and inspiring story?

Its outstanding. It shows Jim was human as well as hands down the greatest Bill of all time. Before Jim the team sucked, after him it has sucked. Till we get another QB like him, it will suck.

I have no problem with her putting out her book. It shows the problems families can go through and come out better on the other end.

Star athlete treats his wife like crap then finds Jesus. YAWN. Substitute dogs or Budha if you want to and it is the same story over and over.

Agreed!! We need to get over Kelly - I am so sick of hearing about him. To tell the truth I started forgetting about him the day Reich played Houston.

My opinion of Kelly's memoirs?

Haven't read them, and don't plan to. Celebrity lives hold zero interest for me. He was a good QB for the Bills. He's no longer their QB, so I don't think about him much anymore.

Haven't read them, and don't plan to. Celebrity lives hold zero interest for me. He was a good QB for the Bills. He's no longer their QB, so I don't think about him much anymore.

LMAO it amazes me the incorrect take fans had on Kelly. If not for Kelly this team continued to suck till this day, no 4 superbowls. He was THE single most reason this team ever did ****.

Look at the record before Kelly, look at the record after Kelly.

Just a GOOD QB? Only Bills fans can be so dumb as to think their greatest player ever was just 'good'

True enough. But I think it's also good to know which one was the real hero in the family. Ultimately, how well you do in life not how well you throw the football is what really counts. In rare cases, there are people who do well in both. Obviously JK isn't one of them.

C

True enough. But I think it's also good to know which one was the real hero in the family. Ultimately, how well you do in life not how well you throw the football is what really counts. In rare cases, there are people who do well in both. Obviously JK isn't one of them.

C

People's personal lives are none of my business.

Now I think I finally may have the answer to the question surrounding Kelly's (phantom) hamstring injury that sidelined him (by Bills orders, if rumors are to be believed) for a month in 1996 following an epically bad outing on Monday Night Football in Pittsburgh. Old timers know the rumors of which I speak.

Now I think I finally may have the answer to the question surrounding Kelly's (phantom) hamstring injury that sidelined him (by Bills orders, if rumors are to be believed) for a month in 1996 following an epically bad outing on Monday Night Football in Pittsburgh. Old timers know the rumors of which I speak.

...Care to elaborate? You have caught my interest

Praise the Lord. I accepted the Jesus as my savior when I was very young.

I. Romans 3:10

II. Romans 3:23

III. Romans 5:8

IV. Romans 5:12

V. Romans 6:23

VI. Romans 10:9-11

VII. Romans 10:13

Jim will need that peace that passes all understanding, after 4 in a row. :devil:

...Care to elaborate? You have caught my interest

The mods should feel free to delete the post if they think it's the right thing to do. At any rate, after the debacle in Pitt (check out the QB stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...99609160pit.htm ), the strong rumor was that the Bills benched him for his actions in the next couple of days after the game. As legend has it, they weren't football related, and weren't pretty. The team's explanation about the hamstring pull seemed incredibly half assed and noncommittal at the time (no injury occurred during the game), which fueled the flames. Having said all of this, I'm happy for him that he's pulled his life together.

It seems rather brave of them to do this. I doubt they'll make a lot of money or anything on it. (Actually, check that - there may be a big market in Christian books).........Either way, they don't need the money, yet they are addressing all the stuff I've heard about - Jill's mother being the catalyst, etc..........I like stories of faith and redemption, so I'll be interested in it when it comes out. Jim Kelly as a person is a rather interesting study - from hating Buffalo to loving it, from leading the Bills to 4 Super Bowls to partying their way out of all 4, now from philanderer to born again Christian.