Here is a hint Trent is the starter

I'm glad its Trent....was kinda hoping for Brohm but Trent seems like the logical choice.

How can anybody be glad it's Trent.

Did you actually watch the games last year?

The man has no cojones.

Fitzy beat him out on the cojone factor alone.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent is taking the snaps with the first string.

This will be Trent's chance to earn the job, or not. If he can't, then move on with Fitz or Brohm. Gailey said he was going to go with what they had so he knows full well what he has to work with.

No one should be surprised that it's Edwards/Fitz/Brohm on day 1 of camp. What would be surprising to me is if Fitz or Brohm beats Edwards outright at this stage.

Lotsa time and lotsa looks before game 1.

I would be kind of excited, just for the newness factor, if it was Brohm. But, I knew it wouldn't be. So, given the choice of Edwards and Fitzpatrick, I would rather see Trent. Not much of a choice, I guess, but, I really thought, at one time (it seems like a while ago now) Trent was on the verge of becoming a very good NFL QB. Then, there were the injuries, and lots of horrid coaching. Not excuses, because I have my doubts about his psyche now, as everyone does, but I like the prospect, more, of seeing if a "real" football coach, who has had some success (Chan Gailey) can right the ship with Trent, than heading into a season with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm.

I like RF as a backup, but, he throws some of the worst passes I have ever seen any starting NFL QB throw. He definitely has an edge over Trent in the balls department, but I am hoping Chan helps Trent find his. I still think Trent has more "upside" than Fitzpatrick, and, I have to assume these coaches have developed an educated opinion that Edwards gives the team a better shot at winning, right now, than does Brian Brohm.

"Cardinal" is not a bird or a color, it is a tree. Look at the Stanford logo.

You're a moron. See below:

"On November 17, 1981, school President Donald Kennedy declared that the athletic teams be represented by the color Cardinal in its singular form.[1]Stanford has no official mascot, but the Stanford Tree, a member of the Stanford Band wearing a self-designed tree costume, appears at major Stanford sports events. The Tree is based upon El Palo Alto, a redwood tree in neighboring Palo Alto that appears in the Stanford seal and athletics logo."

-Wikipedia

And, I see it coming, "Who trusts Wikipedia? Anybody can mess with Wikipedia." But, being a SF Bay Area native, the above is common knowledge.

I would be kind of excited, just for the newness factor, if it was Brohm. But, I knew it wouldn't be. So, given the choice of Edwards and Fitzpatrick, I would rather see Trent. Not much of a choice, I guess, but, I really thought, at one time (it seems like a while ago now) Trent was on the verge of becoming a very good NFL QB. Then, there were the injuries, and lots of horrid coaching. Not excuses, because I have my doubts about his psyche now, as everyone does, but I like the prospect, more, of seeing if a "real" football coach, who has had some success (Chan Gailey) can right the ship with Trent, than heading into a season with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm.

I like RF as a backup, but, he throws some of the worst passes I have ever seen any starting NFL QB throw. He definitely has an edge over Trent in the balls department, but I am hoping Chan helps Trent find his. I still think Trent has more "upside" than Fitzpatrick, and, I have to assume these coaches have developed an educated opinion that Edwards gives the team a better shot at winning, right now, than does Brian Brohm.

One of the saner posts in recent memory. :beer:

The job will be Trent's to lose. I doubt either Fitz or Brohm will outplay him. Fitz's misfires are cause for concern and Brohm just doesn't have (enough) game experience.

David Nelson tweeted the team was informed this morning who the starter is. He hinted that the starters school mascot is the same as the school they are training at.

That nickname mascot would be a "Cardinal". So that QB would be Trent. Or Brohm.

http://twitter.com/DNelson83

trent wont be the starter by opening day, he'll choke in the preseason and brohm will take the reigns

UNBELIEVABLE ... based on first day snaps you lose all confidence and since when are the Bills the 31st team in the league? We haven't been that in years!

The addition of a winning attitude and real coaching can take last year's team to another victory or two ... I just don't get these WGR addicts who want to wallow in the negative ... Schoop and the Bull Dog must run for cover every time the sun shines because they are the most pessimistic talk show hosts I have ever heard ... no wonders that they spend more of their time talking about making up silly lists rather than in talking sports ... because they just don't get it.

So, let's see what this team brings to the field this preseason before we lose any confidence. :beer:

Have the Bills ever been the 31rst team in the league? I think the answer may be "no"...

I wish the Bills had traded that 5th round pick for Brady Quinn and have him compete with Edwards and Borhm. I believe he has the tools to be an NFL player and operated in a pro-offense in ND....He was grossly mis-used in Cleveland.

One of the saner posts in recent memory. :beer:

The job will be Trent's to lose. I doubt either Fitz or Brohm will outplay him. Fitz's misfires are cause for concern and Brohm just doesn't have (enough) game experience.

That is Buftex for you-

I like RF as a backup, but, he throws some of the worst passes I have ever seen any starting NFL QB throw. m.

The short, or the long throws? Anyone attempting a long throw protected by BUF's rookie/injured OL last season, waiting for a receiver to motor down

field, was split seconds away from being splattered. That would rattle my throws.

trent wont be the starter by opening day, he'll choke in the preseason and brohm will take the reigns

I like your optimism but something must be amiss - why waste everyone's time with this QB order? Brohm wont get a fair shake...status quo...continuity of fail

scorch the earth and draft #1, our best hope!

I like your optimism but something must be amiss - why waste everyone's time with this QB order? Brohm wont get a fair shake...status quo...continuity of fail

scorch the earth and draft #1, our best hope!

I think brohm jumped to #2 and they want to give trent a fresh start, but come gameday, he will show the new coaches why he finished last yr on the bench. This will be brohms team by week 1.

I think brohm jumped to #2 and they want to give trent a fresh start, but come gameday, he will show the new coaches why he finished last yr on the bench. This will be brohms team by week 1.

Brohm is still 3rd or did I miss something? Had he started out at #2 then yes I would think he was getting a fair shake but this is a joke or rather a nightmare - it's like permanent midnight at qb spot

You're a moron. See below:

"On November 17, 1981, school President Donald Kennedy declared that the athletic teams be represented by the color Cardinal in its singular form.[1]Stanford has no official mascot, but the Stanford Tree, a member of the Stanford Band wearing a self-designed tree costume, appears at major Stanford sports events. The Tree is based upon El Palo Alto, a redwood tree in neighboring Palo Alto that appears in the Stanford seal and athletics logo."

-Wikipedia

And, I see it coming, "Who trusts Wikipedia? Anybody can mess with Wikipedia." But, being a SF Bay Area native, the above is common knowledge.

And only a moron could make a mistake like that? You sound like a SF Bay Area native, and that's not a compliment.

Hmm.

GB spent a '08 #2 to buy his services, then waived him in Sept. '09 and signed him to the practice squad. There he sat un-plucked until the last week of November. BUF bit, and GB declined to match the offer, preferring to retain 7th rounder Matt Flynn.

That's not a ringing endorsement. Brohm has a lot to prove.

UNBELIEVABLE ... based on first day snaps you lose all confidence and since when are the Bills the 31st team in the league? We haven't been that in years!

The addition of a winning attitude and real coaching can take last year's team to another victory or two ... I just don't get these WGR addicts who want to wallow in the negative ... Schoop and the Bull Dog must run for cover every time the sun shines because they are the most pessimistic talk show hosts I have ever heard ... no wonders that they spend more of their time talking about making up silly lists rather than in talking sports ... because they just don't get it.

So, let's see what this team brings to the field this preseason before we lose any confidence. :beer:

It just makes me think they haven't watched the film from last year, or haven't interpreted it correctly. It seems they are only operating on what happened in OTAs. Of course Trent looks good in shorts and a T-shirt - he does every offseason, then looks like complete crap in a real game.

I assumed Gailey was astute enough to recognize that. By his actions of allowing Trent to even have a sniff of this job, he is proving me wrong. Unfortunate. Here we go again.