18 Games Schedule Good or Bad ??

I think if it ain't broke don't fix it !! John Clayton of ESPN believes that the owners meeting later this year will wind up voting in the 18 game schedule . I believe it's all due to greed !!

The NFL is the most popular sport in the world not just the U.S. & it's that popular for a reason , the lack of saturation factor unlike other sports such as MLB , NBA & NHL !!

Heck !! Nascar has been adding more races in the past decade to the schedule and the attendance has went down (just like MLB, NBA & NHL -- Besides , having two more regular season games a year just like when MLB added more games for revenue -- pitchers don't pitch as many innings as they use to , i believe that players will have more injuries as well in the NFL - which will lead to shorter careers less active playing time .

If they do increase by two games roster size should increase to take up for added playing time and the added injury factor !!

I think it was the RB for the Rams (excuse me if the name is wrong) Steven Jackson said on ESPN that he is not in favor of it but would play (of coarse) if the rule was passed .

I get where it's all coming from MO MONEY - MO MONEY - MO MONEY !! But i think in the long run it will do just what more games for the NBA , MLB & NHL have done for there sports HO HUM till play off time . Please leave well enough alone !!

Go ahead bills fans - don't hold back !! I want to know how you really feel about this subject !!!!

ON YOUR MARK -- GET SET -- SPILL YOUR GUTS :sick: !!!!

I think if they have 18 games, they should allow a few more players on the roster for depth, because guys get burned out in a 16 game season. Levy used to say tsomething to the effect that they were zombies after eight games.

The Obsessive Compulsiveness in me makes me dislike having seasons and statistics be incompatible with each other. I like things matching up and being consistent. I like the idea that Marino and Dickerson's yardage records seem to be just out of reach. But yeah, stats are for losers.

So my OCD aside, I have no other beef with it. It's more about dropping 2 preseason games. There is no reason why the most violent pro sport should have an exhibition period that is 25% as long as it's entire season.

Definitely increase roster limits.

Pass on an 18 game season careers are short enough and rosters are already so depleted by the time the post season rolls around that adding two more games would just further make the playoff and superbowl rosters less representative of the rosters that start the season.

All in all 16 games is plenty.

The Obsessive Compulsiveness in me makes me dislike having seasons and statistics be incompatible with each other. I like things matching up and being consistent. I like the idea that Marino and Dickerson's yardage records seem to be just out of reach. But yeah, stats are for losers.

So my OCD aside, I have no other beef with it. It's more about dropping 2 preseason games. There is no reason why the most violent pro sport should have an exhibition period that is 25% as long as it's entire season.

The pre-season games are more so that coaches can get their backups and ST players set. The vets only need 2 games to get ready while the other two games are used to determine the last 5-7 roster spots and who makes the practice squad. Coaches have a lot of use for 4 pre-season games sure the vets only need 2 but the rosters get determined a lot by those extra two pre-season games.

Sure injuries happen in pre-season but more injuries will happen in those two regular season games.

Blah, blah ...

I get where it's all coming from MO MONEY - MO MONEY - MO MONEY !! But i think in the long run it will do just what more games for the NBA , MLB & NHL have done for there sports HO HUM till play off time . Please leave well enough alone !!

Go ahead bills fans - don't hold back !! I want to know how you really feel about this subject !!!!

ON YOUR MARK -- GET SET -- SPILL YOUR GUTS :sick: !!!!

If it makes my full priced preseason tickets worth more than $10 I'm all for it. GREED IS GOOD!

Colts were a pefect example last year of keeping it a 16 game scheule, IMO. With 2 games to go -AND undefeated- they layed down to preserve their best players for when it really counts -the playoffs. What if Peyton Or Drew Brees gets KO'd in a meaningless, late season game? So much for the seasons' best teams battling for the championship.

Expanded rosters won't/can't do anything about that..

As much as I agree, this already happened in baseball when Mickey Mantle broke Babe Ruth's single season home run record. :sick: