Gulf Oil Dissappearing

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews_excl/ynews_excl_sc3270

But I thought this was the worst environmental disaster in the history of the world? Think Obama is going to give back that 20 billion? Nah.

As much as you are full of ****, given that your linked article supports neither your thread title nor your follow-on statements, I'd still like to congratulate you on your first ever non-race-baiting thread.

cleanup work is done by nature in the form of oil-eating bacteria

hmmm, what happens to the oil-eating bacteria after its finished and what are the effects of the massive amounts of bacterial excrement? Is see an ocean full of invisible floating micro logs :blink:

hmmm, what happens to the oil-eating bacteria after its finished and what are the effects of the massive amounts of bacterial excrement? Is see an ocean full of invisible floating micro logs :blink:

From what I understand, the microbes deplete the area of oxygen, creating dead areas. The poison dispersants that were used have been making the problem worse.

hmmm, what happens to the oil-eating bacteria after its finished and what are the effects of the massive amounts of bacterial excrement? Is see an ocean full of invisible floating micro logs :sick:

Simply put, the microbes take the carbon out or break down the long chain hydrocarbons (oil) and combine the simple carbon with available nitrogen to make amino acids for growth. After the microbes die they go through a process of nitrification where nitrates are formed. Nitrates are a readily available form of nitrogen that plant life can take up and use.

Yes, the microbes use oxygen during respiration but it's oxygen depletion impact on a large body of water like the ocean is minimal at best.

When you view things through the prism of time there is no such thing as a environmental disaster; weather it be people or oil it's all just plant food in the end.

True. The worst environmental disaster in Earth's history -- humans -- will eventually pass too.

As much as you are full of ****, given that your linked article supports neither your thread title nor your follow-on statements, I'd still like to congratulate you on your first ever non-race-baiting thread.

I was also pleasantly surprised he managed not to pin this on the coloreds.