NFL Rankings- Female Addition

SKRAAPY

Before everyone jumps all over the OP, the actual article includes "Females Addition" in the title. I can't believe that someone with a relatively professional-looking website doesn't know the difference between "addition" and "edition." I pretty much decided not to read the whole thing as soon as I saw the title (but I did scroll down to the Jenna Fischer portion).

Before everyone jumps all over the OP, the actual article includes "Females Addition" in the title. I can't believe that someone with a relatively professional-looking website doesn't know the difference between "addition" and "edition." I pretty much decided not to read the whole thing as soon as I saw the title (but I did scroll down to the Jenna Fischer portion).

Dude, the articles title is a play on words. Addition is intentionally substituted for edition think about it for a second. Unfortunately, intelectual humor usually goes over peoples heads.

Dude, the articles title is a play on words. Addition is intentionally substituted for edition think about it for a second. Unfortunately, intelectual humor usually goes over peoples heads.

forgive me brainiac but i considered that and didnt find anything in the article anywhere that indicated such. its not an obvious play on words (i did think about it but cant see what using 'addition' adds here) so if i were the author i would make sure to make it clear what the pun was

frankly i think its more likely a classic case of some fourteen year old aspiring sportswriter using his godaddy interweb tools to create his own buzz and jerk off to pix of hot women (to which i can relate pass me a tissue)

so if you could pls enlighten us where the play on words is i would appreciate it mr einstein

so if you could pls enlighten us where the play on words is i would appreciate it mr einstein

If you can't tell, then you must be the last to laugh at jokes. This isn't meant to be that funny (or even clever), it is meant to be obvious.

"nfl rankings: Female addition" hmmmmmmm. AKA: This is nfl rankings, with addtion to..... female rankings! :). Is it really that are to figure out the "addition" part? And I assume that you already got that addition was substituted for "edition" like the other poster mentioned. Newspapers and magazines use these sappy and cheap puns in their headlines all the time. The fact that this is a shock to you must mean you never pick up a newspaper.

I mean, seriously, you really didn't expect it to be both rankings of football teams and of women? Because that was obviously what the article was going to be to me. And I am surely not the brightest person in the world.

If you can't tell, then you must be the last to laugh at jokes. This isn't meant to be that funny (or even clever), it is meant to be obvious.

"nfl rankings: Female addition" hmmmmmmm. AKA: This is nfl rankings, with addtion to..... female rankings! :). Is it really that are to figure out the "addition" part? And I assume that you already got that addition was substituted for "edition" like the other poster mentioned. Newspapers and magazines use these sappy and cheap puns in their headlines all the time. The fact that this is a shock to you must mean you never pick up a newspaper.

I mean, seriously, you really didn't expect it to be both rankings of football teams and of women? Because that was obviously what the article was going to be to me. And I am surely not the brightest person in the world.

I agree. I side with Meathead here. Someone just f'd up.

forgive me brainiac but i considered that and didnt find anything in the article anywhere that indicated such. its not an obvious play on words (i did think about it but cant see what using 'addition' adds here) so if i were the author i would make sure to make it clear what the pun was

frankly i think its more likely a classic case of some fourteen year old aspiring sportswriter using his godaddy interweb tools to create his own buzz and jerk off to pix of hot women (to which i can relate pass me a tissue)

Maybe you right IDK. I thought it was a funny read and gave the author too much credit I guess.

Definitions of addition on the Web:

a component that is added to something to improve it; "the addition of a bathroom was a major improvement"; "the addition of cinnamon improved the flavor"

a quantity that is added; "there was an addition to property taxes this year"; "they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"

accession: something added to what you already have; "the librarian shelved the new accessions"; "he was a new addition to the staff"

a suburban area laid out in streets and lots for a future residential area

summation: the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers; "the summation of four and three gives seven"; "four plus three equals seven"

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Addition is a mathematical operation that represents combining collections of objects together into a larger collection. It is signified by the plus sign (+). ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addition

or in logical operator (sequent) notation: The argument form has one premise, A, and an unrelated proposition, B. From the premise it can be logically concluded that either A or B is true, or both are true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addition_(logic)

The act of adding anything; Anything that is added; The process of adding

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/addition

additional - extra: further or added; "called for additional troops"; "need extra help"; "an extra pair of shoes"

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwnadditional - Supplemental or added to

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/additional

An extension or increase in the conditioned space of a building.

www.nachi.org/glossary.htm

an adding of two or more numbers to get a number called the sum Example: 5+5 = 10 10 is the sum

www.allmath.com/glossary.php

a term used in reference to --> enhancement. A genuine addition of new stock (eg stocking artificial reefs) [in: Stocking and introduction of fish, edited by IG Cowx, 1998].

www.qub.ac.uk/bb-old/prodohl/TroutConcert/fr_glossary.htm

Maybe this helps. Pay special attention to the bolded captions.

As above, there was no intellectual humor there.

So far, you're missing an L, two apostrophes, at least one comma, and a point. But thank you for explaining the intellectual humor to me.