Rotoworld feels we made a terrible choice in passing on Clausen twice

Jimmy is now like 3rd in line now yet he was a shame for the Bills to pass on twice?? Hmmm....

3. Bills pass on Jimmy Clausen, twice 

Entering April's draft with the league's worst quarterback situation, the Bills had two chances to select pro-ready Jimmy Clausen. They passed both times, opting instead to bolster an already strong tailback corps with C.J. Spiller at No. 9, and taking raw nose tackle Torrell Troup 41st.

New coach Chan Gailey plans to hold a three-way QB competition in camp consisting of injury-prone Trent Edwards, draft bust Brian Brohm, and noodle-armed journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://m.nbcsports.com/s/showPage.do?siteI...icleId=38349607

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy is now like 3rd in line now yet he was a shame for the Bills to pass on twice?? Hmmm....

3. Bills pass on Jimmy Clausen, twice 

Entering April's draft with the league's worst quarterback situation, the Bills had two chances to select pro-ready Jimmy Clausen. They passed both times, opting instead to bolster an already strong tailback corps with C.J. Spiller at No. 9, and taking raw nose tackle Torrell Troup 41st.

New coach Chan Gailey plans to hold a three-way QB competition in camp consisting of injury-prone Trent Edwards, draft bust Brian Brohm, and noodle-armed journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://m.nbcsports.com/s/showPage.do?siteI...icleId=38349607

It's a need for the Bills so they made a mistake passing on a guy I liked. :rolleyes: We'll see how Clausen works out.

If I was forced to make a prediction, I would have to agree that everyone in Bills Nation not to mention the organization itself is going to regret passing on Clausen. I think in time he will be a repeat Pro Bowler.

Thanks for giving us your prediction, Mr. Polian.

FWIW (and I'm not sure it's worth much), Terry Bradshaw for some reason has taken a dislike for Jimmy Clausen.

They played at different colleges and Clausen was not drafted by the Steelers, Bradshaw's pro team. Nevertheless, Bradshaw felt the need to make some negative comments about Clausen (maybe he's a Notre Dame hater?).

"I don't like his motion," Bradshaw said. "I think he's too slow. He played for such a big institution, I just thought he was way too slow with his delivery, way too much shoulder action.

"Physically, in the way he threw a football, I just didn't like him. Doesn't look to me to be a difference-making. Just another guy as far as I'm concerned."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Terry-...my-Clausen.html

"Draftniks" are painfully short sighted, and cannot/will not take the long term plan of a franchise into consideration. Even if our stable of QBs fail and Clausen succeeds, in the long term all will be well if Troup and Spiller pan out, and we select a QB early next year with more potential than Clausen. If the FO didn't like him they had their reasons, and it would have been a mistake to take him to appease the masses.

If they didn't like any of the remaining QB's, they didn't like them. If they decided next year's QB crop is much better than what was there this year, that is their choice.

I am sure rotoworld thought Indy made a terrible choice passing on Ryan Leaf too...

Oh, that's right, you Suckhole journalist... you know it all...

... Brohm a draft bust... I mean, come on dude... a young kid who had NO chance of playing in G.B., placed on the P.S. and thought highly enough of another team in the league to be grabbed. AND he's still just a baby.

Here's some DRAFT BUSTs:

Ryan 'Sweet' Leaf

Tim Couch

J-Marcus Russel

Joe-E Harrington

Brohm may not amount to Sh*t, but he is not yet a bust.

Sometimes free speech, as does religious freedom, goes too far. Do want a terrorist haven mosque built across the street from your home? Get yourself involved in America folks. ... or there will be no more opportunities for amateur whack jobs to write articles such as Roto Rootor World to beg for replies of mastery (such as this). No, you'll smell like rancid sheep meat and have a pubic beard and dress in a sheet... and treat your woman worse than you already do. Then you'll take one for the team.

... Brohm a draft bust... I mean, come on dude... a young kid who had NO chance of playing in G.B., placed on the P.S. and thought highly enough of another team in the league to be grabbed. AND he's still just a baby.

Here's some DRAFT BUSTs:

Ryan 'Sweet' Leaf

Tim Couch

J-Marcus Russel

Joe-E Harrington

Brohm may not amount to Sh*t, but he is not yet a bust.

True

Oh, that's right, you Suckhole journalist... you know it all...

...Sometimes free speech, as does religious freedom, goes too far. Do want a terrorist haven mosque built across the street from your home? Get yourself involved in America folks. ... or there will be no more opportunities for amateur whack jobs to write articles such as Roto Rootor World to beg for replies of mastery (such as this). No, you'll smell like rancid sheep meat and have a pubic beard and dress in a sheet... and treat your woman worse than you already do. Then you'll take one for the team.

What in hell are you babbling about?

The knock on him was that he was an awesomely arrogant prick. Imagine DC Tom as your quarterback.

Clausen showed up to one game in a limo, apart from the team, without telling them, if i remember correctly. His teammates didnt like him. A major concern was his ability to get along with his teammates.

Sometimes free speech, as does religious freedom, goes too far. Do want a terrorist haven mosque built across the street from your home? Get yourself involved in America folks. ... or there will be no more opportunities for amateur whack jobs to write articles such as Roto Rootor World to beg for replies of mastery (such as this). No, you'll smell like rancid sheep meat and have a pubic beard and dress in a sheet... and treat your woman worse than you already do. Then you'll take one for the team.

?

The whole league passed on him, some a few times so some word was out that there was a hangup with him of some kind. I guess all the teams are crazy.

Yeah, how many times did the LEAGUE pass up Tom Brady?

Yeah, how many times did the LEAGUE pass up Tom Brady?

Exactly. Do we single out ONE team and say that team totally screwed up by not drafting Tom?

claussen is a chump, pro ready? that means hes as good as hes gonna get.....

fitz has a noodle arm? trent is injury prone yes, but fitz has a noodle arm? brohms a bust in his third year?

bad qb situation? new england has a bad qb situation if tbuncheon gets hurt. big problem.

The knock on him was that he was an awesomely arrogant prick. Imagine DC Tom as your quarterback.

Did you see the predraft segment on ESPN where John Gruden broke down film with Clausen? He did come across as arrogant and aloof. I have no doubt that CJ Spiller will be a good pro. However, if Clausen can play, and Troup cannot, this is all on Nix. On the flip side, if Troup can play Nix gets labeled a genius. We won't know the answer for the next 3 years.