Steinbrenner Soft Spot For Buffalo?!

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/07/13/1112...renner-had.html

I know I will here it for not posting this in the other Steinbrenner threads, but I feel this should have its own.

It is kind of long. If you dont read any of it, at least read the last paragraph, makes me upset/happy all at the same time.

Cool article, I never knew any of that. Thanks. :blink:

I know I will here it for not posting this in the other Steinbrenner threads, but I feel this should have its own.

It is kind of long. If you dont read any of it, at least read the last paragraph, makes me upset/happy all at the same time.

Thanks for the link, Count. That last line segment is a little depressing, about the hockey.

As for a MLB team, I don't think Buffalo would have supported it all that much. This is a football town first and foremost, and football towns don't tend to fill up baseball stadiums. Just look at how poorly the Marlins do.

Good article, Count. :doh:

Saw this quote the other day:

“I believe the good you do for others comes back to you," he says. "But if you do something good for some person and more than two people know about it—you and the other person—then you didn't do it for the right reason.” Sports Illustrated interview published May 10, 2004

I guess before we make a judgement on a man, we should actually know him personally. :blink:

Good article, Count. :lol:

Saw this quote the other day:

I guess before we make a judgement on a man, we should actually know him personally. :blink:

I was going to post a few articles about all the good things the Boss did from here in the Tampa Bay area, but thought I wouldnt waste my time.

I wonder why they named one of the wings at All Childrens Hospital in Tampa for him down here. Damn he was a scum bag. :doh:

I was going to post a few articles about all the good things the Boss did from here in the Tampa Bay area, but thought I wouldnt waste my time.

I wonder why they named one of the wings at All Childrens Hospital in Tampa for him down here. Damn he was a scum bag. :blink:

Yeah, but if he had owned and NHL franchise in Buffalo he would have been our scumbag. :doh:

Wait a second, something is not right here. Im supposed to be getting torn apart and stuff. I though this board was full of cynics and arrogant SOB's.

What kinda board are they running here anyways? :blink:

Seriously though,

Sage, Nothing is relevant in Florida as for sports. The Dolphins even have a hard time selling out. I think it may have been different in Buffalo if we had a major league baseball team here.

Though the competition with the Yankees fan base would have been a tough draw.

Wait a second, something is not right here. Im supposed to be getting torn apart and stuff. I though this board was full of cynics and arrogant SOB's.

What kinda board are they running here anyways? :bag:

Seriously though,

Sage, Nothing is relevant in Florida as for sports. The Dolphins even have a hard time selling out. I think it may have been different in Buffalo if we had a major league baseball team here.

I thought my post about the Sabres sucking was rather cynical.

I didn't read the article... But I always knew he liked BFLO... He was a Great Lakes shipping guy/family.

What kinda board are they running here anyways? :bag:

Seriously though,

You guys have to hear the sports talk radio going on down here since this whole Lebron, Wade Bosh thing happened. It is quite honestly the worst puppeting you ever heard. It makes me want to swerve my vehicle into on coming traffic. They are pretty much planning the ticker tape parade down here. It is beyond frustrating, these fans are such trash. IDK if any one caught a Heat game last year but they are just like Fins fans, dressed as orange seats. Some guy from Buffalo called in and blasted Joe Rose with facts and sound argument then when he hangs up he calls him a no nothing idiot, cause he disagreed with the assessment that LeBron is not the missing piece to the championship puzzle and Bosh is just an average star in the NBA. Which both are correct. I still think Boston is the better team.

I thought my post about the Sabres sucking was rather cynical.

OK i will give you that. . .

You guys have to hear the sports talk radio going on down here since this whole Lebron, Wade Bosh thing happened. It is quite honestly the worst puppeting you ever heard. It makes me want to swerve my vehicle into on coming traffic. They are pretty much planning the ticker tape parade down here. It is beyond frustrating, these fans are such trash. IDK if any one caught a Heat game last year but they are just like Fins fans, dressed as orange seats. Some guy from Buffalo called in and blasted Joe Rose with facts and sound argument then when he hangs up he calls him a no nothing idiot, cause he disagreed with the assessment that LeBron is not the missing piece to the championship puzzle and Bosh is just an average star in the NBA. Which both are correct. I still think Boston is the better team.

I used to go down and visit my sister in Tampa. Man were those fans "brutal" aka non existent. I actually found more Eagles fans than Bucs fans one weekend.

Don't worry, when they get a couple losses under their belt, the fans will start calling for heads, and eventually stop caring.

I do feel bad for the 400 or so actual Heat fans who will have to fight for tickets with all the mouth breathers who just found out Miami had a pro team.

I do feel bad for the 400 or so actual Heat fans who will have to fight for tickets with all the mouth breathers who just found out Miami had a pro team.

They sold out in a mater of minutes once Lebrons "decision" was announced. My friends really are not Heat fans but did attend games from time to time. This makes that all but impossible now. i am just sick of the AM radio, they never mentioned a word about the Heat (even during the season) now they wax poetic on how great they will be for years to come.