PRESEASON STARTS IN (COUNTDOWN INCLUDED)

I LOVE PRESEASON. i almost like it as much as the regular season. if we lose the game, its ok. get to explore the new talent. etc. etc.

anyone else feel the same way???

http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i25h...-08-13T04:30:00

Can't say I'm as into preseason games as much as the regular season, but preseason means the start of football and that gets me all tingly!

I love preseason because you get to evaluate players in simple schemes. You see players doing basic things. It shows whether they understand the concepts or not.

Does the Linebacker key on the offensive line, read pass and drop at a 45 degree angle with his head on a swivel, looking from his number ones to number twos?

Does the defensive back have a smooth backpedal, does he backpedal until the last second when he has to turn on a post pattern and then defend with his inside arm?

Does the safety take the bait of a tight end in deep coverage, or does he play the deepest man on the field like he should?

Does the running back understand where the hole should be and when it should open? Does he take counter steps, and look sharp, or just give a token fake?

Does the linebacker or defensive end chuck the tight end in an obvious passing situation, or get greedy and let him go in order to rush the passer?

Does the linebacker have the courage to take on a fullback on an iso?

The first time I saw Jason Peters in preseason I wanted to make him our fullback.

I love preseason because you get to evaluate players in simple schemes. You see players doing basic things. It shows whether they understand the concepts or not.

Does the Linebacker key on the offensive line, read pass and drop at a 45 degree angle with his head on a swivel, looking from his number ones to number twos?

Does the defensive back have a smooth backpedal, does he drop step until the last second when he has to turn on a post pattern and then defend with his inside hand?

Does the safety take the bait of a tight end in deep coverage, or does he play the deepest man on the field like he should?

Does the running back understand where the hole should be and when it should open? Does he take counter steps, and look sharp, or just give a token fake?

Does the linebacker or defensive end chuck the tight end in an obvious passing situation, or get greedy and let him go in order to rush the passer?

Does the linebacker have the courage to take on a fullback on an iso?

The first time I saw Jason Peters in preseason I wanted to make him our fullback.

Great post!!

Stub Hub has $4 tickets to that game. Yes it's pre-season but aren't you curious to see what we look like in a game situation? I'm super tempted to drive the 8-9 hours to the game, though I would get to see it delayed on NFL Network.

PTR

The last time I went to see the Bills play a preseason game in D.C., I managed to get O J's attention on the sideline by yelling myself hoarse. That's right, I am that old, and I am sitting behind the computer naked. Enjoy your breakfast.

Does the Linebacker key on the ...

Reading this post leaves me with this thought: I wish I understood the sport I love.

How messed up is that?

kj

The last time I went to see the Bills play a preseason game in D.C., I managed to get O J's attention on the sideline by yelling myself hoarse. That's right, I am that old, and I am sitting behind the computer naked. Enjoy your breakfast.

I actually did LOL.

I LOVE PRESEASON. i almost like it as much as the regular season. if we lose the game, its ok. get to explore the new talent. etc. etc.

anyone else feel the same way???

http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i25h...-08-13T04:30:00

Nice idea having the Countdown Clock, even though it seems to be way off.

If I'm reading it right, your counter says 28 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes, as of 9:10am 7/15/10

I've got more like 29 days 10½ hours 'til gametime on Friday, Aug 13 @ 7:30pm.

Am I miscalculating?

:blink::doh:

Preseason gives you a really good idea...

Why just last year Trent went 10 for 10 against the Bears in preseason action at the Ralph.

The one highlight of that preseason game was Cutler's piss poor debut. I think we picked him off 4 times.

Reading this post leaves me with this thought: I wish I understood the sport I love.

How messed up is that?

kj

Yes. I dont understand women, but I love them anyway. Maybe it is similar.

Buf at Wash?

Bills first Ofensive play:

TE drops back to pass, the bum starting at LT gets burnt by Orakpo, who sacks Edwards. Edwards leaves the game with injury, failing to return to the game.

Washingtons First offensive play:

McNabb drops back to pass, gets perfect protection from his top rookie T and traded for former PB T, throws a touchdown pass on a great play designed by 2 time SB winning coach Shanahan. Meanwhile, Maybin tweets about if from the bench.....

O what could have been...