Roethlisberger - A Complete & Utter Moron!

I'm saying you simply made that number up.

The fans haven't had to actually make that decision yet. If, after BR is reinstated, their stadium is 75% empty for the rest of his home appearances, I will applaud your forsight.

If estimating is "making something up", then I am guilty. I am in retail in a resort frequented by tons of Pittsburghers (including Mike Tomlin). My estimate is based on my conversations. Talking about the Steelers is always a good way to break the ice, especially when the peeps are wearing Steelers garb. I'm tellin' ya, the vast majority can't stand this guy...enough to not attend the games? Hmmm?... that's a whole 'nuther thing, as their tickets are already purchased. Right now, they just want their team to succeed without him & they want to be able to wash their hands of this guy.

I'm just shocked at the level of people who defaulted to 'the woman is wrong'. Hello misogyny!

There's very few facts, but hey, at least it's good to know what men will stand up and defend.

Peeing on the Golf Course, Holy shoots, rise up brothers! We must Save Ben!

I have been married 30 yrs. I have a bunch of sister-in-laws & daughters...the youngest being 28. I can tell you this... women have to do something that men don't have to do...that is putting a lot of thought into the subject of rape. Why?... to become educated on the topic in order to decrease the chances of this crime happening to them. Perhaps, Mister Defense, if you had put as much thought into this subject as most women have, & then saw this known predator brandishing his weapon, you would have reported it as well.

Look, no doubt that in his position he needs to keep it under wraps all of the time; the guy has done enough in the last few years to understand this.

But, he was peeing on a golf course, something probably everyone who plays the game has done, and likely often.

The problem with your response is that you are embellishing. He was not "brandishing" it, at least no indication of that, was not doing anything except urinating. Ridiculous that she called the police--just gets the guy sympathy that he doesn't deserve and makes the next accusation against him less credible as it is seen as piling on or taking advantage of his celebrity and reputaion. It diminishes the seriousness of what he has done in the past, in my book.

bran·dish:

to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.

markinsd -- This is pretty freaking weak "story". This lady lives on a golf course but has never seen someone take a piss before? Oh I get it.. it's because she was told it was Ben Roethlisberger so she decided to to be a jackass and call the police.. I'm no fan of Ben.. but calling the police because someone took a piss on a golf course is pretty stupid.. that is unless he ran around waving his d**k at her.. which wouldn't surprise me. lol

Really?

We're gonna take this opportunity to start calling the lady names, and bad mouthing her?

If some dope was takin' a piss in your mother's backyard -- she's the . . .?????????????????

Look, I've played enough golf to get takin a leak halfway through the nine, and, no, she didn't need to call the cops on the dumba$$, but calling her names? He's an alleged sex offender and he's wavin his dick around. He's lucky she didn't start wavin a gun around -- that would have been within her rights as well as callin the cops.

stupid story, stupid golfer, let's not join the stupid parade!

Yes, I called her a jackass. She called to complain with the course until she found out it was Ben then she called the cops.

She can wave a gun around on a golf course? WTF are you talking about? He didn't piss on her lawn it was on the course. She just saw the offender from her yard. Your logic is ridiculous. If someone wants to piss on my yard they will get my driver up their ass. If they piss 5 feet on the other side of my fence.. so what?

Look, no doubt that in his position he needs to keep it under wraps all of the time; the guy has done enough in the last few years to understand this.

But, he was peeing on a golf course, something probably everyone who plays the game has done, and likely often.

The problem with your response is that you are embellishing. He was not "brandishing" it, at least no indication of that, was not doing anything except urinating. Ridiculous that she called the police--just gets the guy sympathy that he doesn't deserve and makes the next accusation against him less credible as it is seen as piling on or taking advantage of his celebrity and reputaion. It diminishes the seriousness of what he has done in the past, in my book.

bran·dish:

to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.

I looked up the word before I used it. It also means "to put on display". Yes...I've been guilty, like most men, of peeing in places I probably should not have. But I try to be extremely discreet...wedged in among trees or some other barrier. Obviously, he was not discreet enough, and given his past, that leads me back to the point in my original post...a complete & utter moron. Sorry...no embellishment or sympathy here...just acknowledgment of one more predator roaming free who should be in prison.

I looked up the word before I used it. It also means "to put on display". Yes...I've been guilty, like most men, of peeing in places I probably should not have. But I try to be extremely discreet...wedged in among trees or some other barrier. Obviously, he was not discreet enough, and given his past, that leads me back to the point in my original post...a complete & utter moron. Sorry...no embellishment or sympathy here...just acknowledgment of one more predator roaming free who should be in prison.

Where does her complaint say he "put [it] on display"? You made that up too---or were you "estimating" again?

Look, this lady lives on a golf course and no doubt has seen people peeing on the course (this isn't Oak Hill Country Club) near her house before and could likely see them every day. She only called the cops because she was told (she could not identify the pisser) it was BR by someone who also didn't witness the event. Your claim that this equates to (or is) some sort of sex crime is silly.

As for those angry fans who, unfortunately, already purchased their tickets (the charges of rape were made in the beginning of March--plenty of time for fans to chose not to renew their season tickets), I guess when BR is back and throwing TDs, they will simply remain silent and not cheer? Is that their plan?

Where does her complaint say he "put [it] on display"? You made that up too---or were you "estimating" again?

Look, this lady lives on a golf course and no doubt has seen people peeing on the course (this isn't Oak Hill Country Club) near her house before and could likely see them every day. She only called the cops because she was told (she could not identify the pisser) it was BR by someone who also didn't witness the event. Your claim that this equates to (or is) some sort of sex crime is silly.

As for those angry fans who, unfortunately, already purchased their tickets (the charges of rape were made in the beginning of March--plenty of time for fans to chose not to renew their season tickets), I guess when BR is back and throwing TDs, they will simply remain silent and not cheer? Is that their plan?

I never claimed that pissing on a golf course equates to a sex crime. My claim is that allowing a woman to see his penis in lieu of his past equates to being a complete & utter moron...that's all. And I'll tell you where "estimating" falls short...the failure of golf course designers thinking rest rooms would not be needed in strategic locations throughout a golf course. If you're gonna spend 25 mil for a golf course, for cryin' out loud, cough up another half mil & solve this obvious problem. Can you imagine going to Epcot & having to hold it until you got back to the turnstiles? I confess to this...if it was a non predator in the same situation, I would not be siding with the lady. But you can take this to the bank, the majority of Steeler fans in these parts have had enuf of the the whole "Big Ben" thing. They want the Steelers to succeed without without him.

I never claimed that pissing on a golf course equates to a sex crime. My claim is that allowing a woman to see his penis in lieu of his past equates to being a complete & utter moron...that's all. And I'll tell you where "estimating" falls short...the failure of golf course designers thinking rest rooms would not be needed in strategic locations throughout a golf course. If you're gonna spend 25 mil for a golf course, for cryin' out loud, cough up another half mil & solve this obvious problem. Can you imagine going to Epcot & having to hold it until you got back to the turnstiles? I confess to this...if it was a non predator in the same situation, I would not be siding with the lady. But you can take this to the bank, the majority of Steeler fans in these parts have had enuf of the the whole "Big Ben" thing. They want the Steelers to succeed without without him.

He's taking a leak in the cover of the foliage, not in the middle of the green! He's not flashing a woman. Are you absolutely for real??? Is he supposed to piss his pants becuse you think he's a predator? Grow up.

This statement is not correct. Club/course is directly across from Murifield Village (Jack's course). The residents there pretty much feel that they are equivalent.

That's nice. I doubt the members of Muirfield Village would think that the Country Club of Muirfield is an equal establishment. And the latter certainly is not in a league with Oak Hill.

Yes, I called her a jackass. She called to complain with the course until she found out it was Ben then she called the cops.

She can wave a gun around on a golf course? WTF are you talking about? He didn't piss on her lawn it was on the course. She just saw the offender from her yard. Your logic is ridiculous. If someone wants to piss on my yard they will get my driver up their ass. If they piss 5 feet on the other side of my fence.. so what?

or did she call to complain and when they didnt do anything she called the police? maybe it was how the golf course handled it that helped escalate, not the person that did it?

Mr. Weo, there's two ways to communicate on this board. (1) Make it personal & attack those with a different viewpoint than yourself, or (2) Engage in a non-personal healthy debate so all participants can ponder all sides of an issue. The people that opt for #1 are the ones that need to grow up.

That's nice. I doubt the members of Muirfield Village would think that the Country Club of Muirfield is an equal establishment. And the latter certainly is not in a league with Oak Hill.

Never said it was. I said it was the personae of that area.