The redistribution of wealth works....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8547621.stm

Some 90% of farms redistributed to South Africa's black population from white farmers are not productive, the government has said.

Land reform minister Gugile Nkwinti warned the land might be repossessed if the farms continued to fail.

Almost 60,000 sq km (23,000 sq miles) have been redistributed under policies aimed at benefiting black people who were left impoverished by apartheid.

The land was bought from white farmers who sold up voluntarily.

The BBC's Pumza Fihlani in Johannesburg says some black farmers are likely to argue that they have been struggling to get the resources and skills to develop their land.

And repossessing the land would provide a whole new problem for the government, our correspondent says, as any move to return the land to its former white owners is bound to be controversial.

When will people learn that taking money/assets from the skilled section of society, and giving it to the unskilled produces nothing?

When will people learn that taking money/assets from the skilled section of society, and giving it to the unskilled produces nothing?

Only after the skilled section of society runs out of the money/assets that have been supporting the rest.

Small government works also. Just look at Somolia.

"Small government" is different from "absolutely nothing whatsoever resembling a government".

This is one of those "nobody's that dumb" posts you make that is SO stupid that I'm not sure you're just pretending to be an idiot.

Small government works also. Just look at Somolia.

sarcastic and ridiculous but no more stupid than the original post which starts this thread.

here try this on for size

you don't like unions? then don't try to treat workers like expendable beasts of burden

you don't like OHSA? try not to poison, burn, mangle your workers

you don't like a countries theocratic totalitarian government? try not over throwing their democratic government.

you don't like busing? then make sure your separate but equal schools are actually equal

don't like 30 years of affirmative action- don't discriminate for a hundred and ten years

a simple rule you don't like blow back then don't f#@% with people in the first place- do on to others as you'd have others do on to you- it's a good rule and it's going to save you a lot of grief in the long run.

sarcastic and ridiculous but no more stupid than the original post which starts this thread.

here try this on for size

you don't like unions? then don't try to treat workers like expendable beasts of burden

you don't like OHSA? try not to poison, burn, mangle your workers

you don't like a countries theocratic totalitarian government? try not over throwing their democratic government.

you don't like busing? then make sure your separate but equal schools are actually equal

don't like 30 years of affirmative action- don't discriminate for a hundred and ten years

a simple rule you don't like blow back then don't f#@% with people in the first place- do on to others as you'd have others do on to you- it's a good rule and it's going to save you a lot of grief in the long run.

Let's hear your arguments for the redistribution of wealth. I'm sure you will win the Nobel prize for economics.

Let's hear your arguments for the redistribution of wealth. I'm sure you will win the Nobel prize for economics.

Did you read the article? the farms were bought not taken- I want you to argue against all redistribution of wealth not just the most recent examples but all forms- some people want there to be no historical context to anything, do you argue that the Jews have no right to reparations because that is a redistribution of German wealth- If Madoff was found to have undiscovered wealth should his victims have no recourse to it because that would be redistribution of wealth? And lets talk about all the redistributions of wealth like Social Security running close to a 3 trillion dollar surplus that was borrowed by the general fund and probably won't be paid back - like the Fed buying Mortgage backed securities at full price when they were probably worth less than 35 cents on the dollar- lets talk about that rural salt of the earth Christian farmer with his seven kids- with farm subsidies, grants, mortgage tax break, church deduction, 7 child tax deductions, 7 kids in public schools costing $10,000 a year each, and the redistribution of money away from that childless couple renting an apartment.

There is all kinds of redistribution of wealth going on and sorry if you are Middle class and have less than 4 kids you are probably getting less than you put into the system, yes you are being screwed but think of it this way if you become very poor or very rich and you can reverse the screwing or just have lots and lots of kids.

"Small government" is different from "absolutely nothing whatsoever resembling a government".

This is one of those "nobody's that dumb" posts you make that is SO stupid that I'm not sure you're just pretending to be an idiot.

You entirely missed the point of my post. I know you are half-retarded, so I'll throw you a bone. My comment had nothing to do with small-government or anarchism or Somolia. This ....lybob guy seems to be the only one who understood why I posted what I did. Apparently people (especially you) are that dumb because they accept the premise of this thread with no problems. You know as well as I do that Fingon is insinuating with this thread that Obama or Democrats are wrong for pushing unemployment, or medicare, healthcare, welfare, or other social programs through. He's using events from Zimbabwe/South Africa to attempt to make his point. I used a similarly stupid analogy to mock him with. It's called parody.

To word it similar the way that you did...

A "Social safety net in a wealthy country" is different from "taking money/assets from the skilled section of society, and giving it to the unskilled produces nothing".

This is one of those "everybody's here is dumb" posts that you people make that proves that everyone on this forum is a goddamn moron.

You entirely missed the point of my post. I know you are half-retarded, so I'll throw you a bone. My comment had nothing to do with small-government or anarchism or Somolia. This ....lybob guy seems to be the only one who understood why I posted what I did. Apparently people (especially you) are that dumb because they accept the premise of this thread with no problems. You know as well as I do that Fingon is insinuating with this thread that Obama or Democrats are wrong for pushing unemployment, or medicare, healthcare, welfare, or other social programs through. He's using events from Zimbabwe/South Africa to attempt to make his point. I used a similarly stupid analogy to mock him with. It's called parody.

A "Social safety net in a wealthy" is different from "taking money/assets from the skilled section of society, and giving it to the unskilled produces nothing".

This is one of those "everybody's here is dumb" posts that you people make that proves that everyone on this forum is a goddamn moron.

Maybe you shouldn't infer what someone else is saying, because you are terrible at it. I in no way ever said that unemployment, healthcare, or welfare were inherently bad. You can try to assume what my views are, but you are just !@#$ing retarded.

A "Social safety net in a wealthy" is different from "taking money/assets from the skilled section of society, and giving it to the unskilled produces nothing".

The kiss of death.