What's Going On in Oregon?

I just had to come in from my patio because of the flies. Why so many flies? Giant Canadian Goose crap everywhere. I hate these freaking things. Must be 100+ living right around here. Too bad their only natural enemy is the Boeing 737.

It's been GREAT Lana! I've been rafting on the North Santiam river...absolutely gorgeous! I hope you're enjoying it as well :rolleyes:

I'm jealous! I'd love to go rafting again. Perfect weather for that. Enjoy the rest of the summer while it's here! :nana:

I just had to come in from my patio because of the flies. Why so many flies? Giant Canadian Goose crap everywhere. I hate these freaking things. Must be 100+ living right around here. Too bad their only natural enemy is the Boeing 737.

No. I can name many enemies. I saw one get smushed/flattened like a pancake between barges and the wall... One time I actually through the "body blocks" in to save a group of mallards. Coyotes go after them to... And here in Chicago, one can HUNT THEM. Yes, right in the city limits during season. The only hitch, it has to be in Lake Calumet and one can't have a land blind... Has to be on the water... Very few know that these hunting provisions have been grandfathered in. Also, I was traveling on I-69 recently through Fort Wayne... There was a whole group (gaggle??) on the road... They couldn't get out of the way quick enough and a car and truck slammed right into them... Those vehicles were ahead of me... It looked like bowling pins being set down... I had to swerve to avoid the carnage. Some were wounded and distressed... Pretty full size geese left strewn all over the interstate... I figured it was a road hazard so I called (INDOT) to let someone know they were there and to clean them up.

Anyway.. On the geese and duck front... We get them every year breeding at my work. This year was amazing because one couple had 26 goslings... All made it and right now they are almost fly ready... I think it was a "dump nest?"

The goose crap isn't that bad, even know it is everywhere... You just learn to walk around it... It becomes almost automatic, not knowing you are doing it.

No. I can name many enemies. I saw one get smushed/flattened like a pancake between barges and the wall... One time I actually through the "body blocks" in to save a group of mallards. Coyotes go after them to... And here in Chicago, one can HUNT THEM. Yes, right in the city limits during season. The only hitch, it has to be in Lake Calumet and one can't have a land blind... Has to be on the water... Very few know that these hunting provisions have been grandfathered in. Also, I was traveling on I-69 recently through Fort Wayne... There was a whole group (gaggle??) on the road... They couldn't get out of the way quick enough and a car and truck slammed right into them... Those vehicles were ahead of me... It looked like bowling pins being set down... I had to swerve to avoid the carnage. Some were wounded and distressed... Pretty full size geese left strewn all over the interstate... I figured it was a road hazard so I called (INDOT) to let someone know they were there and to clean them up.

Anyway.. On the geese and duck front... We get them every year breeding at my work. This year was amazing because one couple had 26 goslings... All made it and right now they are almost fly ready... I think it was a "dump nest?"

The goose crap isn't that bad, even know it is everywhere... You just learn to walk around it... It becomes almost automatic, not knowing you are doing it.

A gaggle of geese with a google of goslings! OH MY!