M. Lynch ready to BALL in Buffalo

major

From the comments section: "Anybody else noticed? Marshawn looks like the baby Whoopi Goldberg and a Predator would conceive?"

Damn, that's cold. :unsure:

IMO, Fred & CJ don't need much of a crack to slip through. Lynch has struggled throughout his career finding a seam. Opposing Defenses know this and just hold up our OL, waiting on Marshawn to run into their backs. If the new O-scheme creates holes, I can't think of any safety who'd relish trying to stop him when he's coming at you with a full head of steam.

Hope springs eternal in early July.

Wonder where they got that from?? :)LINK

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder where they got that from?? :unsure:LINK

I'd vote for a likeness of Mekhi Phifer painted by Picasso.

FWIW, I like Lynch the running back and what he brings, but I think last year he tried to bulk up prior to the season IIRC and he just didn't look as quick to me. Don't know if that's cuz he never adjusted to the weight, or cuz he missed the first 4 games and never got back into the swing. I see our trio this year with FJ and ML as the mainstays in the backfield with CS all over the place in specific situations.

As far as Lynch the person, meh. He's not the most reprehensible player in the league, but he does strike me as an immature knucklehead who'll be out of a job if he doesn't grow up.

I see. So the 3rd most talented Back who hasn't been here most all the offseason is going to start. Wow, we are a !@#$ed up org if that happens

It's my opinion that Spiller won't start. He will be situational for at least the start of the season. Between Lynch and Jackson i believe Lynch is the better back. Jackson't and Lynch's speed are about the same, Lynch has more power for goaline situations. He is also a better between the tackles type runner. He also blocks better. Jackson is a better receiver than Lynch but due to Spiller's drafting that will take receptions away from both of them.

I would be disappointed if the Bills didn't give Lynch a chance at the starting position because he missed the offseason stuff. It's voluntary for a reason. Lynch missed time from his teammates but according to reports and the head coach he picked up the offense pretty fast. he's behind but he also has a whole training camp to work it out.

Besides the Bills would be stupid to give up on a 24 year old RB. Jackson signed a 4 year deal last year and my guess is that it's more like a 2 year deal meaning it won't cost the Bills much to cut him if necessary. Jackson is also almost 30 and father time doesn't take plays off.

Like everyone else i was disappointed that Lynch didn't show up for the voluntary workouts and pouted due to fans reaction to his off the field issues. If Lynch returns to form or better and starts scoring TD's everything will be forgotten. Fans are quick to forget the first TD lynch scored against Denver where you pushed the DB from 7 yards out into the end zone. They are also quick to forgot the TD's against NE and Miami where he pushed through 3-4 players to score a touchdown.

Lynch is a very good football player. Giving them up for a 4th round pick is poor economics.

Lynch and Spiller together could be a great one two punch. I hope Lynch realizes this and plays with a purpose.

Ha! I spend a lot of time keeping up with the Bills and I've never heard of ML having a close relationship with Fred Jacskon.

Can anyone verify?

Obviously you don't spend a lot of time following the Bills. It is fairly common knowledge they are best friends. Jackson talked to Lynch quite a bit during his suspension at the beginning of last season.

I see. So the 3rd most talented Back who hasn't been here most all the offseason is going to start. Wow, we are a !@#$ed up org if that happens

Lynch is the most talented RB to play on first and second down in non-spread formations. Get over it. Spiller plays in the spread and 3rd down. Freddie will get 7-10 touches as Lynch's back-up.

Obviously you don't spend a lot of time following the Bills. It is fairly common knowledge they are best friends. Jackson talked to Lynch quite a bit during his suspension at the beginning of last season.

Wow - guess I was wrong, since I've been over ruled by the majority here. I'll admit defeat.

I check this site about 5 times a day, follow everyone on twitter, check the main Bills website about twice a day, check PFT about 10 time per day, check Billszone about one per day, read Tim Graham's blog on ESPN every day and I honestly don't ever recall anything about the two being close friends. The only thing I ever remember was Lynch stating after seeing Jackson practice for the first time "Why did they draft me when they have this guy".

Fred wasn't with Marshawn when he was stealing $20s from the police chiefs wife, or running down Canadian chick on Chippewa, or getting caught with guns in Oakland??? Still like to see a link (other than the PFT rumor mill) documenting this friendship.

Very happy that Lynch is still on the team. I still think that Lynch and Spiller are the future. I really like Freddy, but he scored 1 touchdown all year and only went over 1000 yards because of a 200 yard game against a 2nd string defense in a snow storm. There will be enough touches for all 3 and that should make the offense much better this year.

Normally I'd agree with you, but come on man, this guy looks primative. Like they found him prowling around outside a cave in the wilderness undiscovered by civilized man for millions of years.

What a great avatar. I've been planning on buying this movie for quite a while and i will cause he is the definition of a man who holds his ground.

But anyway, I'm still waiting for Lynch to be less wishy washy when it comes to dedication and team effort. I expect to be disappointed. He has bright metallic teeth so he can't be that much of a neanderthal can he? If i have to put my money down on a running back or two, it's fred and cj. marshawn can go take a hike. he can go kick rocks as far as i'm concerned.

If he was so concerned about doing the best for our team, he would have shown up sooner to learn the offense. If you truely believe in your teammates and in your future with them, then you do what it takes to help their chances and yours.

Wow - guess I was wrong, since I've been over ruled by the majority here. I'll admit defeat.

I check this site about 5 times a day, follow everyone on twitter, check the main Bills website about twice a day, check PFT about 10 time per day, check Billszone about one per day, read Tim Graham's blog on ESPN every day and I honestly don't ever recall anything about the two being close friends. The only thing I ever remember was Lynch stating after seeing Jackson practice for the first time "Why did they draft me when they have this guy".

Fred wasn't with Marshawn when he was stealing $20s from the police chiefs wife, or running down Canadian chick on Chippewa, or getting caught with guns in Oakland??? Still like to see a link (other than the PFT rumor mill) documenting this friendship.

Link

One major reason for that is his friendship with Lynch.

"The competition we have among each other is something we work at on a regular basis," said Jackson, whose extension reportedly is in the $2 million-a-year range. "When he comes off the field, I don't want there to be any drop-off when I'm in there."

If he's the number 3 RB next season, he will be "bawling"

HOOOYEAH! crazyDingo NAILED IT!

:unsure:

:)

I for one believe it was a wise decision (if they do ultimately) to keep ML and I think he will make a lot of people eat crow this season if they give him enough carries to prove himself. ML can produce and if he truly wants out of Buffalo in the future then he's got to play his rear off to ensure other teams come knocking after this season. I hope we run the ball down everyone's throats this season as I believe Chan plans on doing, just to prove everyone wrong who believes you have to be a passing team to win in todays NFL.

PS I love how so many treat ML as if he broke every law known to man when he just made a couple of forgivable mistakes, as a lot of young NFL'ers (and some not so young) tend to do, and

that he's already done his time for.

I, as well, am looking forward to having our three guys out there. I really hope Chan takes full advantage of having three starting caliber running backs.

My GUESS fpr the starting offensive line-up is:

Its a 2 RB set with Lynch and Fred Jackson starting.

The basic deception is that since both RBs have exhibited some receiving ability. (Freddy as the 3rd leading receiver on the team even getting more catches than Evans and a not shabby 8 yd/catch and Lynch not being used that way but showing some showing some hands in college) opposing DCs are immediately confronted with a choice as whether to DC up or stack the LOS. Theoretically, these two may even be reasonable with us emptying the backfield and sending out both RBs wide.

Lynch ends up playing the bruiser role of the two if the Bills simply run it and play smashmouth with the two RBs. Jax and Lynch apparently good enough friends that they maintain the roles set last season with Freddy as the first choice since if this works there will be plenty of yards with the two splitting the duty rather than one RB viewed as the first choice to get the lead reps.

Lynch does seem oddly pleased with a situation right now where he ended last season as the clear #2.

The Spiller situation is odd as with the top 10 draft pick for him he would at worse seem to be the #2 RB (actually his draft position and position, Freddy's age, and Lynch's problematic history arguably would make Spiller the #1 RB as quick as one could make it happen as quick as possible.

Yet, the rather small Spiller does not seemed destined at all for the three down use one expects from an RB picked at #9.

I think the answer is found in the Bills not really having a proven #2 WR om the roster. TO (who actually led the team in receiving statistically last year is gone. Steve Johnson shows some subjective signs of potential but statistically he regressed his second year putting up fewer catches, yards, and games. One would be foolish to peg him as a starter. Hardy also has potential but clearly potential means you have done nothng yet. Easley also gives hope but again one would be foolish to demand/expect him to start at #2.

Spiller on the other hand has demonstrated incredible open field ability and is seen as someone you can split out wide. Not guaranteed at all but the consensus is he can be a difference maker. I will not be shocked to see an O whiz like Gailey trying to present and O which not only forces the DC to chose to skew toward pass coverage in case either RB is primarily employed either going in motion or even split out wide.

Alternately, the DC decides to use a nickel or even a dime as their base D, then suddenly he faces two RBs used as RBs used in a standard running formation. In fact, since Spiller is an RB first and foremost, the Bills could even arguably run a full house set with three RBs and two operating as lead blockers for Spiller pushing through a bunch of lightweight dime defenders.

In this set-up the young OL is confronted not with defenders who they are trying to read to figure out where they might attack, they are instead c0nfronting defenders are instead trying to figure what the heck is our offense doing. PL players generally prefer to run block and the Bills O is going to feature either running when the opponent nickel or dimes up to defend against 3 RBs with pass catching abilities or alternately the Ds stacks up against the run but the Bills instead put the RBs in motion or split out for quick passes to these RBs now isolated against plodding defenders.

The neat thing about this O is that the Bills seem to have no guaranteed #1 QB. Fine in this set because the QB is not depended upon in this O to force the D to react to his great play but instead we will choose the QB of the three who demonstrates in the first two pre-season games and in practice that he quickly can read whether the D is stacking up against the run (he then calls a quick pass to the RB isolated against the slowest pass covering defender, or alternately he calls a smashmouth run against a D that is lined up either in a nickel or a dime against us.

My sense is a two RB set with Spiller split wide to fill our now empty #2 WR slot (with a plan B if Spiller cannot adapt to see either Johnson or Hardy or Easley rise up to be a #2 quality WR.

I like the possibilities.

LMAO he is the 3rd RB on this roster, the only balling he will do is from the bench and maybe in goal line situations.

Wow, you just keep going...

Trashing the entire slate of quarterbacks in a message and now Lynch...

As stupid as your comments about the quarterbacks on this team, and just as fact-based.

Any Bills players you actually like, any that you will actually say have a chance to be good this year?

Now I will say it defiitively--the kind of fan who gets upset when 'his' team wins, the kind that makes excuses for why that happened, the kind of fan that wants his team to lose late in the year for a better draft pick, and the kind of fan that leaves the game at the end of the 3rd quarter just to beat the traffic. I have little doubt about any of these things.

Get a new team, bozo.

Wow, you just keep going...

Trashing the entire slate of quarterbacks in a message and now Lynch...

As stupid as your comments about the quarterbacks on this team, and just as fact-based.

Any Bills players you actually like, any that you will actually say have a chance to be good this year?

Now I will say it defiitively--the kind of fan who gets upset when 'his' team wins, the kind that makes excuses for why that happened, the kind of fan that wants his team to lose late in the year for a better draft pick, and the kind of fan that leaves the game at the end of the 3rd quarter just to beat the traffic. I have little doubt about any of these things.

Get a new team, bozo.

:devil: