Most important game of the 2010 season......

Looking at the schedule, I believe the week 6 game against the Baltimore Ravens is a CRUCIAL game for our season.

Granted, this is just my opinion and pure speculation. Here's why.

The Bills are challenged out the gate against Miami, but it is a very winnable game. Suprising a division foe with a new offense, new Defense and new talent staged at a home game setting.......I like the odds. We nearly did the same thing to New England last year in our season opener, but THIS year, more talent and more discipline and better coaching WILL prevail for us. This is a very important game as well, but I believe there is one that will have longer lasting positive effects on the coaching and overall psyche of the team.

The Next four games are as follows:

Sept. 19 - at Green Bay

Step. 26 - at New England

Oct. 3 - vs. New York Jets

Oct. 10 - vs. Jacksonville

Oct. 17 - BYE - Now at this point, the Bills could be 2-3, with wins coming at only Miami and Jacksonville. I think it would be reasonable to assume we could win the two aforementioned games. I won't even go as far to say we squeek out another win somewhere, I'm being completely realistic. This BYE week is crucial to get the team the rest and game-planning for what is the pivotal game of the season, The Ravens. A fellow AFC opponent and a formidable one. Baltimore would have just played New England at home the week before (payback for the 2009 AFC playoff game) and I can assume that game will be emotionally and physically draining on the Ravens. The stage is set. ---With Buffalo coming off their bye week and having rested and extra time for game planning, this HUGE win will propel us into the second half of the season. A win at Baltimore followed by a string of four additional (yes, I said four) wins will put us at 7-3 late November.

Oct. 24 - at Baltimore --------

Oct. 31 - Kansas City --------

Nov. 7 - vs. Chicago (in Toronto) --------------- These games are our 5 game win streak. :lol:

Nov. 14 - vs. Detroit --------

Nov. 21 - at Cincinnati --------

I really don't think this is too far of a reach. A win at Baltimore not only gives us the 'W' but also gives the team the motivation necessary to face the 'less than formidable' teams through our five game streak after the Ravens. (Cincy was a one year wonder, they will fall back to earth this year. IMO)

For the remainder of the season I won't go into details/projections, but I posted it below for your viewing pleasure. The point I was making was that the Baltimore game is our biggest game of the year and could have us at 7-3 after 10 weeks.

Nov. 28 - vs. Pittsburgh

Dec. 5 - at Minnesota

Dec. 12 - vs. Cleveland

Dec. 19 - at Miami

Dec. 26 - vs. New England

Jan. 2 - at New York Jets

So in closing..... go ahead everyone, tell me how we won't even beat Miami or the Jags and how K.C. will run all over us. Someone tell me how we never win in Toronto and Detroit has Calvin Johnson who is unstoppable. Someone tell me Baltimore is going undefeated this year so my theory is garbage.... I'm ready for all the shots to be fired. :)

The first game. It sets the tone.

New coach, new offense, new defense. How the team plays in that first game is huge, especially if it's like last year's MNF opener, where we had the game, and the feeling of impending doom was sweeping into the room as the seconds ticked into the 4th quarter.

It'd be incredible if Buffalo either came out and destroyed Miami or closed out a close game.

Looking at the schedule, I believe the week 6 game against the Baltimore Ravens is a CRUCIAL game for our season.

The Bills are challenged out the gate against Miami, but it is a very winnable game. Suprising a division foe with a new offense, new Defense and new talent staged at a home game setting.......I like the odds. We nearly did the same thing to New England last year in our season opener, but THIS year, more talent and more discipline and better coaching WILL prevail for us. This is a very important game as well, but I believe there is one that will have longer lasting positive effects on the coaching and overall psyche of the team.

Sept. 19 - at Green Bay

Oct. 17 - BYE - Now at this point, the Bills could be 2-3, with wins coming at only Miami and Jacksonville. I think it would be reasonable to assume we could win the two aforementioned games. I won't even go as far to say we squeek out another win somewhere, I'm being completely realistic. This BYE week is crucial to get the team the rest and game-planning for what is the pivotal game of the season, The Ravens. A fellow AFC opponent and a formidable one. Baltimore would have just played New England at home the week before (payback for the 2009 AFC playoff game) and I can assume that game will be emotionally and physically draining on the Ravens. The stage is set. ---With Buffalo coming off their bye week and having rested and extra time for game planning, this HUGE win will propel us into the second half of the season. A win at Baltimore followed by a string of four additional (yes, I said four) wins will put us at 7-3 late November.

Nov. 7 - vs. Chicago (in Toronto) --------------- These games are our 5 game win streak. :lol:

I really don't think this is too far of a reach. A win at Baltimore not only gives us the 'W' but also gives the team the motivation necessary to face the 'less than formidable' teams through our five game streak after the Ravens. (Cincy was a one year wonder, they will fall back to earth this year. IMO)

For the remainder of the season I won't go into details/projections, but I posted it below for your viewing pleasure. The point I was making was that the Baltimore game is our biggest game of the year.

Nov. 28 - vs. Pittsburgh

Dec. 5 - at Minnesota

Dec. 12 - vs. Cleveland

Dec. 19 - at Miami

So in closing..... go ahead everyone, tell me how we won't even beat Miami or the Jags and how K.C. will run all over us. Someone tell me how we never win in Toronto and Detroit has Calvin Johnson who is unstoppable. Someone tell me Baltimore is going undefeated this year so my theory is garbage.... I'm ready for all the shots to be fired. :)

Don't mean to make light of your post but they are all important. You appear ready for a fight when/if it comes, but they only play 16 of them and the difference between playoffs and not is usually not more than one game.

Yes, if they have a win or two before. And as you note, the BAL road game is off of the bye.

I agree with you, but I think we can beat New England and the Jets.

:lol: I do too. Or at leat garner one more of those early wins but I didn't want to be excommunicated from the forum doom and gloom professionals. :)

I think the Balt/New England game is going to take alot out of the Ravens, setting the stage for us to defeat them.

I also like a win against Pittsburg. They were unpredictable last year and have lost Willie Parker, Holmes and Ben will be only 2 or 3 weeks removed from his suspension. It could at least be close...heck, the Browns beat them last year.

I'm going on record: The Bills will beat the Dolphins and beat them well. The Dolphins will be expecting another pre-season game and we will punch them in the mouth.

PTR

Do you remember PTR, when the Bills vs Dolphins was a BIG game, and we used to actually PUNCH people in the mouths???

Ahh, hell! I am getting old...

Do you remember PTR, when the Bills vs Dolphins was a BIG game, and we used to actually PUNCH people in the mouths???

The Dolphins are the one team I still love to hate and hope the Bills beat them at least in Buffalo, it makes my year.

I still remember the decade of the 70's when the Bills didn't win a single game against them that entire time!

Assuming that we beat the Ravens, we still don't have the horses to win four games in a row. One or two of those teams will beat us, most likely Cincy and Chicago, IMHO.

I also just don't see us beating the Ravens. Maybe around 2012. Your scenario is possible, just - IMHO - very unlikely.

The Dolphins are the one team I still love to hate and hope the Bills beat them at least in Buffalo, it makes my year.

I still remember the decade of the 70's when the Bills didn't win a single game against them that entire time!

Did we not do just that last year? I know some people think we went 0-16 but I seem to recall bitchslapping the Dolfags last year at home.

PTR

The most important game is the next one on the schedule. ( Like the 2nd line in your sig, well done.)

Agreed, we have to win the first game, a divisional road loss at home to start would not be a good way

to start off for the new regime, and the Bills are to fragile to fully recover from that and be in the mix late.

Sept. 19 - at Green Bay

For the remainder of the season I won't go into details/projections, but I posted it below for your viewing pleasure. The point I was making was that the Baltimore game is our biggest game of the year and could have us at 7-3 after 10 weeks.

Nov. 28 - vs. Pittsburgh

Dec. 5 - at Minnesota

Dec. 12 - vs. Cleveland

Dec. 19 - at Miami

So in closing..... go ahead everyone, tell me how we won't even beat Miami or the Jags and how K.C. will run all over us. Someone tell me how we never win in Toronto and Detroit has Calvin Johnson who is unstoppable. Someone tell me Baltimore is going undefeated this year so my theory is garbage.... I'm ready for all the shots to be fired. :flirt:

Love the optimism. I've been saying for a while that the Bills will go 11-5 this season: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...=112783&hl=

But, you'll get the doom & gloomers that will bust your chops: "What are you smoking?"