2009 OL Pro-bowlers

Coach55

I was looking at the 2009 pro-bowlers and found an interesting stat. Each player was either a high draft pick or went undrafted. Shows you either need to be a diamond in the rough hidden at some small school or truly highly touted...

C - 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 undrafted

G - 3 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 undrafted

T - 7 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 undrafted

I was looking at the 2009 pro-bowlers and found an interesting stat. Each player was either a high draft pick or went undrafted. Shows you either need to be a diamond in the rough hidden at some small school or truly highly touted...

Are you saying that in total 5 centers, 6 guards and 10 tackles made the Pro bowl in 2009?

Are you saying that in total 5 centers, 6 guards and 10 tackles made the Pro bowl in 2009?

Sorry, I was picking up Alan Faneca in my tackle column. He should be a guard and was a first rounder, adjust accordingly. My point is that using the small sample size I took, the background of the pro-bowl players seem to be highly touted or undrafted. We have 2 high draft picks (Wood and Levitre) and a whole lotta notta. Not saying we need 5 pro-bowlers on the line, but we may have 2 that fits the "pro-bowl" bill.

Maybe this is because you are scouted as being the man and you turn out to be the man.

Or, you arent even a lineman or you played at a small school or only have one year starting or something along those lines but you have prototypical physical tools so a team invests energy into converting you into a top flight lineman and actually succeeds.

See: Jason Peters, Undrafted Tight End.