Hot sauce taste test

When you go a good while w/out having any Franks, and then you taste it again, there is SO much delicious flavor that it's almost shocking.

Too bad the price has gone up so much.

Crystal is a pretty good alternative.

Best Name: "Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally"

$2.25 for a 12 oz bottle @ Target today. That's some sticker-shock. Was $1.50 not long ago.

Looks like I'll have to drop that other habit back to just just a couple bumps/day. :thumbsup:

I like Tabasco Sauce the best but that's expensive.

This stuff is awesome! :thumbsup:

No doubt Franks is best for wings, but I agree "Best Overall" has to be Tobasco. I actually really like Tobasco Habanero, but it is very hard to find in the stores. I get it at the discount grocery here (dented cans, out of date, etc).

Another fantastic hot sauce is Melinda's. The XXXXtra Hot Reserve is delicious.

Tapatio is my favorite and it's cheap too. After reading the article I'm gonna have to give Franks a try.

If you ever had wings in Buffalo (except for perhaps Anchor Bar) you've had Franks.

No doubt Franks is best for wings, but I agree "Best Overall" has to be Tobasco. I actually really like Tobasco Habanero, but it is very hard to find in the stores. I get it at the discount grocery here (dented cans, out of date, etc).

Another fantastic hot sauce is Melinda's. The XXXXtra Hot Reserve is delicious.

You can mail order the Habanero right from Tabasco. Not sure how the price compares to your discount grocery though.

As for me, I might get some of that Crazy Uncle Jesters Afterburner Sauce.

$2.25 for a 12 oz bottle @ Target today. That's some sticker-shock. Was $1.50 not long ago.

Looks like I'll have to drop that other habit back to just just a couple bumps/day. :thumbsup:

12oz? Ohhhhhh I get it, you must want that for a travel size.

You can mail order the Habanero right from Tabasco. Not sure how the price compares to your discount grocery though.

I almost ordered online, until I found it locally for far less (and no shipping!). I used to be able to buy it in the regular grocery store in other parts of the country, but not here.

I always try to keep a few bottles of this or the regular Tabasco in my trunk, for "emergencies". I use either one as "ketchup" for my fries.

The farmers market in Nashville had a vendor that only sold hot sauce. It was worth stopping in just to read some of the names.

There used to be a store in downtown Syracuse that sold only hot sauce. He ended up going to just mail order because he wasn't getting enough walk in business. Same as you said, it was interesting to just go and see all the different brands....

The Hot Shoppe