Hot sauce taste test

Used to love it, now it's just way too salty. Texas Pete is where I am from now on.

Several places removed all their other hot sauces and replaced it with Texas Pete. Fortunately I carry my own HOT sauce. I don't get the appeal of Texas Pete. Where's the "hot" in that sauce?

Too bad the price has gone up so much.

Crystal is a pretty good alternative.

Best Name: "Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally"

Love Crystal...love "Da Bomb" great tasting, and King Jolokia pepper sauce.

Love Crystal...love "Da Bomb" great tasting, and King Jolokia pepper sauce.

Da Bomb is actually quite tasty, for a super-hot Habenero sauce. Good call!

Last time I toured Mexico, in every bodega I bought a small, cheap bottle of hot sauce. By the time I was done I must have had a couple dozen. The bottom line is that if the Virgin Mother is on the bottle, it will be good.

Love the taste of Tbasco . . I use it on a lot of things . . .

My latest favorites are:

Dave's insanity sauce. Great flavor, lots of heat.

Blair's Jersey Death Sauce. Insanely hot, nice flavor. Really kicks things up bit . . .

Don't Like:

357 Magnum - Insane heat, but the flavor is overpowering (and bad too). I like the heat, but I can't stand the flavor.

I have a bottle of Da Bomb that I recevied as a gift, but haven't opened it yet. Looks like I'll have to break that out based on a few recommendations in this thread. :)

Love the taste of Tbasco . . I use it on a lot of things . . .

My latest favorites are:

Dave's insanity sauce. Great flavor, lots of heat.

Blair's Jersey Death Sauce. Insanely hot, nice flavor. Really kicks things up bit . . .

Don't Like:

357 Magnum - Insane heat, but the flavor is overpowering (and bad too). I like the heat, but I can't stand the flavor.

I have a bottle of Da Bomb that I recevied as a gift, but haven't opened it yet. Looks like I'll have to break that out based on a few recommendations in this thread. :)

I have actually seen Da Bomb in firehouse subs locations...awesome on a steak sub....mmmm. We go up to Gatlinburg,TN several times a year and I get a chance to go to The Pepper Palace...some guy wearing Green Bay stuff recommended Da Bomb to me, over the misgivings of the sales lady.